Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 of 6 is ugly af.

goats go 6 0f 6 and 5 of 7.

100% and 70%

33% is garbage. 33% is so low you can't even claim that on your taxes.

it's funny that it's only fans of terrible franchises with 0 championships that try to downplay what a championship means to a players legacy 
I wouldn't say downplay but why do we acknowledge the championship itself and not the variables surrounding it and why are not allowed to think outside the box when making these assessments? Just because something is done that way doesn't mean its the only way approach the situation. It's like sports doesn't allow for various viewpoints, it HAS to be this way or nothing. Can't really agree with that on my end.

Last edited:
2 of 6 is ugly af.

goats go 6 0f 6 and 5 of 7.

100% and 70%

33% is garbage. 33% is so low you can't even claim that on your taxes.

At the very least you need to be at .500

Lebron is the Wilt Chamberlain/Jerry West of this era. Funny he'll match Wilt's finals record after this year 2 outta 7.

block.jpg

all the great players measure themselves by championships

bird said magic was better than him because 5>3

Kobe finally getting more rings than shaq was a huge deal

shaq and kenny are able to clown chuck's failure of a career every week because he was a loser who never won anything

wilt had the greatest stats of all time and EVERYONE from his era knew bill was a better player because he was the one winning championships

why do you think losers like karl malone and tmac sign with championship contenders at the end of their careers to ring chase? 

like it or not, great players will always be measured by championships. that's the way it was, that's the way it is and that's the way it will always be.
First: Just because great players subscribe to that doesn't mean they aren't wrong. Great players aren't right about everything or even know everything about the own sport they play just look at how many great players have gone on to be successful coaches or GM's.

Second: They clown him cause its just an easy joke to make kind of like you guys do in here with LeBron and other great players who have not been on a championship winning team(s) its just going after the low hanging fruit.

Third: Bill Russel is a better player because he is was just a better player than Wilt not because he was on teams that won more championships.

Fourth: And "losers" like Malone and TMac sign with better team because they realize it takes a team and organization that knows what its doing to win a championship not individual talent.

And again Just because some of you view great players being measured that way doesn't mean you are right or that its the best way to view what happens in sports.

it's funny that it's only fans of terrible franchises with 0 championships that try to downplay what a championship means to a players legacy 
And now its going to the "your team hasn't won anything so you can't understand how these things work" fallacy ok...this is really pointless now.
I really think some people who are fans of basketball (really any sport or even some fans of teams that have won tons of championships) lose perspective of how sports can be understood better at all.
fixed

I wouldn't say downplay but why do we acknowledge the championship itself and not the variables surrounding it and why are not allowed to think outside the box when making these assessments? Just because something is done that way doesn't mean its the only way approach the situation. It's like sports doesn't allow for various viewpoints, it HAS to be this way or nothing. Can't really agree with that on my end.
Exactly this is all I've been trying to say. Their are so many more variables that "X player >>>>>" that go into winning a championship or why a squad won one(multiple).

Last edited:

basically, not everyone cares about winning MVPS, not everyone cares about scoring titles, not everyone cares about OMAF, not everyone cares about shooting %

EVERY player in the league and EVERY fan in the league wants to win a championship

so it is the best way to determine greatness. great teams win championships and great teams are not possible without great players. 

championships are everything in sports, no one remembers or cares about second place 

Do any other players get the excuse train that Lebbywinks does? Did Magic get excuses for when Worthy was hurt? Does Shaq or Kobe get a pass in 04 for Malone getting hurt or Kobe in 08 when he had no Ariza or Bynum. No they don't, they deal with the circumstances. Bron effectively chose his team in Cleveland knowing Kyrie was made of glass and Love had never even been in the playoffs last year. You can't be the GM and undermine the coach at every turn an be absolved of blame. He made this bed, now he has to lie in it, same at previous stops. If everyone else has to own it, why doesn't he?

A 6PM start the other game, now tonight's game simultaneously airing on ESPN News and NBA TV. The NBA really gives no damns about this Raptors-Pacers series. :lol:

Not even the Hawks were this much of an afterthought a few years ago.

A 6PM start the other game, now tonight's game simultaneously airing on ESPN News and NBA TV. The NBA really gives no damns about this Raptors-Pacers series. :lol:

Not even the Hawks were this much of an afterthought a few years ago.
I was in tears when I saw it'd be on ESPN News last night.

The Raps are the damn #2 seed :lol:

all the great players measure themselves by championships

bird said magic was better than him because 5>3

Kobe finally getting more rings than shaq was a huge deal

shaq and kenny are able to clown chuck's failure of a career every week because he was a loser who never won anything

wilt had the greatest stats of all time and EVERYONE from his era knew bill was a better player because he was the one winning championships

why do you think losers like karl malone and tmac sign with championship contenders at the end of their careers to ring chase? 

like it or not, great players will always be measured by championships. that's the way it was, that's the way it is and that's the way it will always be.
First: Just because great players subscribe to that doesn't mean they aren't wrong. Great players aren't right about everything or even know everything about the own sport they play just look at how many great players have gone on to be successful coaches or GM's.

Second: The clown him cause its just an easy joke to make kind of like you guys do in here with LeBron and other great players who have not been a championship winning teams its just going after the low hanging fruit.

Third: Bill Russel is a better player because he is was just a better player than Wilt not because he was on teams that won more championships.

Fourth: And "losers" like Malone and TMac sign with better team because they realize it takes a team and organization that knows what its doing to win a championship not individual talent.

And again Just because some of you view great players being measured that way doesn't mean you are right or that its the best way to view what happens in sports.
nothing wrong with having some hipster way of looking at things in order to downplay the only achievement in sport that really matters

any truly great player will win a championship

there is no such thing as an all time great player without a championship because championships define greatness.

Do any other players get the excuse train that Lebbywinks does? Did Magic get excuses for when Worthy was hurt? Does Shaq or Kobe get a pass in 04 for Malone getting hurt or Kobe in 08 when he had no Ariza or Bynum. No they don't, they deal with the circumstances. Bron effectively chose his team in Cleveland knowing Kyrie was made of glass and Love had never even been in the playoffs last year. You can't be the GM and undermine the coach at every turn an be absolved of blame. He made this bed, now he has to lie in it, same at previous stops. If everyone else has to own it, why doesn't he?
I'm not saying he doesn't. But you also realize in those situations most of those guys listed were FAVORITES. Only Kobe in 08 I would say was an underdog, they lost and you know what? I don't blame him for that, your missing a key defender and a up and coming big man against a stacked hall of fame squad? That's understandable. This isn't just LeBron centric you can apply this logic to ANY player.

This whole approach to championships or nothing could change if people are just willing to think from a different point of view. Championships are a team accomplishment....the TEAM pulled through even if NBA basketball contains individuals with powerful impacts. If that was the case MJ would've won a championship before Scottie showed up. Shaq and Penny should've beat Hakeem without question but youth did them in. There are variables to this fans CHOOSE to ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom