Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all saw Bron's track record when he finally got on a powerhouse squad, 2-2. Room for improvement sure but we fault him for losing against another great squad too? The Dallas situation was a complete meltdown and all criticism from that is understood.

First time around IDK how the hell they even made a run to the Finals. Against GS they hung around but once the adjustments were made that was that.

They all count at the end of the day regardless of the situation but I still think you need to acknowledge the situation if y'all get what I'm trying to say.
exactly!

at the end of the day lebron just isnt that good so we cant blame him for losing to better players and better teams

I mean you have to be a great talent to get criticized for only winning two titles out of six.

I mean that's crazy. Most can't even win one.

I really think some people who are fans of basketball (really any sport or even some fans of teams that have won tons of championships) lose perspective of how hard it is for a team to win a championship.

They don't care :lol:. If you let them tell it, they'd say that even their JV teams could win the East

name a top 10 player without at least 2 championships

everything in sports is measured by championships, thinking differently is just a loser mentality.

there's a reason lebron stans love to bring up 2 > 0 when talking about melo

there's a reason these are not called the jordan 5 MVPs

air-jordan-six-6-rings-bred-2.jpg

Exactly

I mean you have to be a great talent to get criticized for only winning two titles out of six.

I really think some people who are fans of basketball (really any sport or even some fans of teams that have won tons of championships) lose perspective of how hard it is for a team to win a championship.
They don't care
laugh.gif
. If you let them tell it, they'd say that even their JV teams could win the East
7 50 win teams 
roll.gif

would he have rings if it wasn't for chalmers and that ban ray allen?

hell naw

and he had the nerve to get in mario face like rio wasnt finna give him the hands off rip. bron got humbled quick and started apologizing. Rio put the fear of god in him

Last edited:

No thats not what I'm saying at all Individual greatness is not measured by championships because there has not been a single great to win a championship on his own. Its always teams that had great seasons, teams that got hot at the right time, players on the teams began to flourish in a new system, multiple great talents on one team. It takes great TEAMS (or a team to play great) to win championships. 
so if mj never won a championship , same stats same accolades minus the finals. would he be considered goat? 
That question requires a very nuanced answer, if he never won a championship that would mean he wasn't on a team good enough to. His number would be slightly different because the stats you get are affected by the teammates, coaches, systems, situations someone is drafted into all of that comes into play. But  in short I would say yes he would still be a great player on of the best we've ever season and in that hypothetical he could still be considered the GOAT because again individual success should not be measured by championships.

basically this.

lebron couldn't be one of the greats because it's too hard 
No thats not what I'm saying at all Individual greatness is not measured by championships because there has not been a single great to win a championship on his own. Its always teams that had great seasons, teams that got hot at the right time, players on the teams began to flourish in a new system, multiple great talents on one team. It takes great TEAMS (or a team to play great) to win championships. 

everything in sports is measured by championships, thinking differently is just a loser mentality.

Probably can't name a top 10 player without at least 2 because surprise most great players that have won multiple championships have been on great teams. And no everything in sports should not be measured by championships that is a very simplistic and romanticized way of viewing what happens in sports. And if I was talking to a Lebron stan that said 2>0 is the reasons he's greater than Melo I would tell them they where wrong too cause championships are not a way to measure if one player is better than another as an individual .

And seriously thinking otherwise (different from how you and some others see it) is a loser mentality 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

They don't care
laugh.gif
. If you let them tell it, they'd say that even their JV teams could win the East
These dudes complain about stans not realizing they are on the other side of the same coin 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Would LeBron have any rings if it weren't for Dwyane Wade? 
nerd.gif
Would D-wade have won his first ring without Shaq? would he have won the other 2 without Bosh or Ray Allen or Lebron? Would he have won any without Pat Riley? all of these things have to be considered.

nerd.gif
Would D-wade have won his first ring without Shaq? would he have won the other 2 without Bosh or Ray Allen or Lebron? Would he have won any without Pat Riley? all of these things have to be considered.
D Wade and Ray Allen have both won titles with AND without LeBron.

LeBron has never won a title without D-Wade and HGH 
nerd.gif

Oh the excuses for Lebbywinks...never fails. Losing another finals and it's a wrap on him being a top 10 player.

nerd.gif
D Wade and Ray Allen have both won titles with AND without LeBron.

LeBron has never won a title without D-Wade and HGH 
nerd.gif
And D Wade won his first on a very good team with Shaq and other players doing their job and playing up to the task. Ray Allen was on a team without Pierce and Kevin Garnett and Rondo all who have been very good players that have shined in the NBA. D Wade did not win his first by himself and neither did Ray Allen so speaking of the championships as if they did doesn't make sense. The HGH thing doesn't even deserve a response...

Last edited:
I have no faith in Atlanta.

Cavs in 6
Bugatti Baze is still a little too skinny for Bron and Atlanta can't ignore the shooters & swarm the ballhandler like they did against Boston.

I'd honestly be surprised if they took more than 1.

ATL was a straight up bad offensive team this year. #22. Their defense was their calling card all season long & I don't see how they get enough stops to make this interesting.

I'll be at G3 doe. Hopefully there's a semblance of HCA.

Last edited:

so if mj never won a championship , same stats same accolades minus the finals. would he be considered goat? 
That question requires a very nuanced answer, if he never won a championship that would mean he wasn't on a team good enough to. His number would be slightly different because the stats you get are affected by the teammates, coaches, systems, situations someone is drafted into all of that comes into play. But  in short I would say yes he would still be a great player on of the best we've ever season and in that hypothetical he could still be considered the GOAT because again individual success should not be measured by championships.

basically this.

lebron couldn't be one of the greats because it's too hard 

Probably can't name a top 10 player without at least 2 because surprise most great players that have won multiple championships have been on great teams. And no everything in sports should not be measured by championships that is a very simplistic and romanticized way of viewing what happens in sports. And if I was talking to a Lebron stan that said 2>0 is the reasons he's greater than Melo I would tell them they where wrong too cause championships are not a way to measure if one player is better than another as an individual .

And seriously thinking otherwise (different from how you and some others see it) is a loser mentality 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
all the great players measure themselves by championships

bird said magic was better than him because 5>3

Kobe finally getting more rings than shaq was a huge deal

shaq and kenny are able to clown chuck's failure of a career every week because he was a loser who never won anything

wilt had the greatest stats of all time and EVERYONE from his era knew bill was a better player because he was the one winning championships

why do you think losers like karl malone and tmac sign with championship contenders at the end of their careers to ring chase? 

like it or not, great players will always be measured by championships. that's the way it was, that's the way it is and that's the way it will always be.

it's funny that it's only fans of terrible franchises with 0 championships that try to downplay what a championship means to a players legacy 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom