Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know how much of Miami's restraint with Bosh is that they kind of have a good thing going right now and Bosh/Whiteside pairing kills spacing for a Dragic/Wade back-court that won't work without it.

On the surface it would seem Whiteside being on the court is beneficial and Heat not wanting Bosh back due to current chemistry etc.

However, after watching Heat a bit during the Season and a lot since Playoffs, it's clear to me what Spos hang ups were with Whiteside during the season.

He can be as much a liability as compliment. Same mindset OKC "takes" with Kanter. He helps here, hurts there.

Lebron is going to have Whiteside in constant foul trouble if they matchup.
Heat are going to need Bosh for that series

that was me.

do they play basketball in hoodies? no? so if you're practicing to get better, why would you practice in something that you do not wear on the court? The hoodie is constricting. His body adjusts to that to make shots. It will be like he didn't practice at all when he takes the hoodie off. Every great player says when they practice they try and keep everything as close to accurate as it is on the court. Son didn't even scoop anybody to rebound for him, so he can't work on form efficiently; he'd have to rebound and adjust himself back into form over and over. The hoodie shooting expedition, imo, looks like he's just bsing, waiting for his crew to come out the locker room so they can go. He's not even making decisive movements. Are running hard to get the loose balls. He just jacking shots.

his movements look the exact same way mine did at the end of the practice when i was waiting for mom's to come scoop me.
If he was wearing warmups would that be acceptable

^ It's not a matter of acceptable/unacceptable. Nothing in his response was saying Lowry did anything unacceptable.

Simply an observation and an interpretation.

Friendly neighborhood reminder: let's try to keep the non-playoff talk in the regular thread, please, leaving this for things regarding the playoffs, like Lowry's albow, hoodie shootaround, and Lebron talking about the Heat.

Let's try to keep offseason possibilities like KD to Miami in the regular NBA thread.

Please and thanks.

^ It's not a matter of acceptable/unacceptable. Nothing in his response was saying Lowry did anything unacceptable.

Yeah he did. He said a hoodie is "constrictive" and therefore futile to shoot in such attire rendering his practice as null and void. Thus unacceptable

ohh ok ok I was wondering was happened to top 10 chalmers loll.

but yea, back to playoff talks.

Hawks with the dub tonight.

I went to game 1 the other night. Pix in a bit.

Constrictive is NOT the same as unacceptable.

Nice reach, though.

laugh.gif

Constrictive is not IDEAL, it's not the best idea for shooting around, but unacceptable is completely different.

On the surface it would seem Whiteside being on the court is beneficial and Heat not wanting Bosh back due to current chemistry etc.

However, after watching Heat a bit during the Season and a lot since Playoffs, it's clear to me what Spos hang ups were with Whiteside during the season.

He can be as much a liability as compliment. Same mindset OKC "takes" with Kanter. He helps here, hurts there.

Lebron is going to have Whiteside in constant foul trouble if they matchup.
Heat are going to need Bosh for that series

Bosh is an incredible defender in the pick and roll. He also provides excellent floor spacing. You don't really need a rim protector when you play the Cavs. From the looks of how they've (Cavs) been playing this season, you should be more concerned with their perimeter shooting.

Miami cannot beat Cleveland without Bosh.

x10000

Pic is worth a thousand words. So yea, we got all that from a pic, or video.

It'd be like this...

**sees pic of pie

Me : The pie looks delicious

Random: You think?

Me: I mean look at it, it looks yummy.

Random: You can tell that from looking at it?

Me: Yep

WHat is so hard to understand that people see that pic/video or his "shoot around after the game" and determine, that aint work that's more like sulking.

Last edited:
ohh ok ok I was wondering was happened to top 10 chalmers loll.

but yea, back to playoff talks.

Hawks with the dub tonight.

I went to game 1 the other night. Pix in a bit.
I moved the offseason discussion.

happy.gif

Last edited:

Nice reach, though.

:lol:

Constrictive is not IDEAL, it's not the best idea for shooting around, but unacceptable is completely different.
The only one reaching is you my dude

You're hung up on semantics for what reason I don't know

Nice reach, though.

laugh.gif

The only one reaching is you my dude

You're hung up on semantics for what reason I don't know
You're being orange.

Or philanthropic.

(Don't get hung up on semantics now.)

All I asked is if freeze would have criticized him for wearing warm ups

His argument is that you should practice in the same attire you wear in game

The best players in the world wear all sorts of attire during practice

Last edited:
All I asked is if freeze would have criticized him for wearing warm ups

His argument is that you should practice in the same attire you wear in game

The best players in the world wear all sorts of attire during practice

well typically the warmups, are just for that, warming up. They just heat your body up before game. They don't actually run through practices in warmups. Most guys generally practice in shorts and tees or sleeveless joints. If he had been in warmups, it still would've been looked at as trivial. You have your uniform on, just keep hooping in that. Instead he probably showered and threw his clothes on. He was moving nonchalantly like he wasn't trying break another sweat.

The key of practice is to work on form and mechanics and reinforce muscle memory. That cannot be done in something constricting like a hoodie because the movements are different. Hoodies are heavier, on everything. Your torso, your shoulders, your arms. Think about when bron ripped the simple sleeves off of the cavs sleeve jerseys because he said they limited his range of motion...and they were short sleeve. Imagine what a full length hoodie does.

[quote name="Air Pope"]We talkin bout practice?[/quote]A-

gif or pic along with it would have been A+ work.

Last edited:
well typically the warmups, are just for that, warming up. They just heat your body up before game. They don't actually run through practices in warmups. Most guys generally practice in shorts and tees or sleeveless joints. If he had been in warmups, it still would've been looked at as trivial. You have your uniform on, just keep hooping in that. Instead he probably showered and threw his clothes on. He was moving nonchalantly like he wasn't trying break another sweat.

The key of practice is to work on form and mechanics and reinforce muscle memory. That cannot be done in something constricting like a hoodie because the movements are different. Hoodies are heavier, on everything. Your torso, your shoulders, your arms. Think about when bron ripped the simple sleeves off of the cavs sleeve jerseys because he said they limited his range of motion...and they were short sleeve. Imagine what a full length hoodie does.
Kobe often practices in long sleeve shirts and bron practiced in capris and ****

I disagree that it's mostly sleeveless

Just throwing it out there

I'd like to know how much of Miami's restraint with Bosh is that they kind of have a good thing going right now and Bosh/Whiteside pairing kills spacing for a Dragic/Wade back-court that won't work without it.

Could not care less what Lowry's shooting %'s are, if he puts pressure on the defense of off PNR's he could still make an impact. He looked terrified to do anything last night.
Either Bosh or Whiteside would come off the bench, I would assume

If we make it to the ECF I don't think we'd beat Cleveland BUT. I think all our key guys that we need to eat would eat. Dragic would be fine wade would be fine whiteside would be able to get his. The difference maker is obviously lebron we don't have a LeBron or a answer for him. Deng is older and not the defender he use to be

If we make it to the ECF I don't think we'd beat Cleveland BUT. I think all our key guys that we need to eat would eat. Dragic would be fine wade would be fine whiteside would be able to get his. The difference maker is obviously lebron we don't have a LeBron or a answer for him. Deng is older and not the defender he use to be
Wouldn't matter even if he was Bron been abusing him for 13 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom