Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If KD left, wonder who Okc would try to pick up to play with Wessy and how long it would take NT to turn on Russel like Harden

Half of NT already hates Russ, only thing stopping the rest of them is he's not in purple and gold yet. As for OKC, if KD leaves, the writing is on the wall...they're done as a franchise.

If KD left, wonder who Okc would try to pick up to play with Wessy and how long it would take NT to turn on Russel like Harden

Half of NT already hates Russ, only thing stopping the rest of them is he's not in purple and gold yet. As for OKC, if KD leaves, the writing is on the wall...they're done as a franchise.

return them to seattle :smokin

would kd get slandered if he joined a team like the W's? that would turn him back to a "babyface"

I think the coaches can teach the discipline needed to play that way. IMO the smarter, high bball IQ players just buy into that discipline easier/faster than the Westbrooks do.
IMO it goes beyond being disciplined enough to play like that. It's an actual skill that's very hard to acquire. 

Coach K loved Westbrook. He even lead in assists coming off the bench a few games. It's him don't get me wrong but also largely a function of what he is surrounded with. He had no problem relinquishing ball handling duties to Harden and even Fisher

Last edited:
I rather have Westbrook on my team than Durant. :lol:

That engine and fight is rare. Kobe said it himself, Westbrook is the one modern player that reminded him of his younger self.

I rather have Westbrook on my team than Durant.
laugh.gif

That engine and fight is rare. Kobe said it himself, Westbrook is the one modern player that reminded him of his younger self.
id rather have durant. hes an elite scorer/shooter. all that fight is overrated, it hinders him at times. he isnt kobe nor does he have a skillset that is close to kobe. hes more lebron, as far as play style but a bad lebron. lebron is at least a good decision maker and a high iq player. 

I rather have Westbrook on my team than Durant.
laugh.gif

id rather have durant. hes an elite scorer/shooter. all that fight is overrated, it hinders him at times. he isnt kobe nor does he have a skillset that is close to kobe. hes more lebron, as far as play style but a bad lebron. lebron is at least a good decision maker and a high iq player. 
So then he's Lebron w/o Lebrons skills basically. Making him nothing like Lebron. KD still mentally weak. Idk who i'd choose out of the 2 though.

So then he's Lebron w/o Lebrons skills basically. Making him nothing like Lebron. KD still mentally weak. Idk who i'd choose out of the 2 though.
hes lebron where he relies on his freak atlhleticism, stronger/ faster  but he  lacks fundamentals.  what seperates him and lebron is iq and size . westbrook is nothing like kobe . 

Last edited:

"Mentally weak" 
laugh.gif

Man how you know someone is Mentally weak? 

When Russ turning that rock over and over and over again and making dumb decisions down the stretch, does that count towards your definition of "Mentally weak" lol??

The problem with giving Durant the ball more is the defense will collapse on him because the Thunder don't have enough shooting around him to keep defenses honest.
Exactly they were hard doubling towards the end, specifically on that last play where he threw the ball away. It's more of a function of them over relying on KD and Russ to have to do everything. Nobody else can get their own shot except Waiters and he sucks. They're more often than not playing 3 on 5 on offense out there, makes them way easy to defend especially late.
This is why Kanter can't be on the bench in crunch times like those.

He just can't.

And you for sure can't take the ball out of Russ' hands in those times, he just needs to move the ball and the open guy, whoever it is, should take the shot.

It's not Russ' fault it's just him and KD who can score, on the floor but that doesn't mean those other guys can't take shots either.

"Mentally weak" 
laugh.gif

Man how you know someone is Mentally weak? 

When Russ turning that rock over and over and over again and making dumb decisions down the stretch, does that count towards your definition of "Mentally weak" lol??
Relax. There are plenty of signs that you can tell. For 1, dude doesn't seem to want to really be THAT guy to me. I just don't see it. He may act like it, but I dont really see it. KD also makes dumb decisions down the stretch too. Pulling from 30 feet like he usually does in crunch time isn't exactly "smart". They just happen to go in at times.

hes lebron where he relies on his freak atlhleticism, stronger/ faster  but he  lacks fundamentals.  what seperates him and lebron is iq and size . westbrook is nothing like kobe . 
Westbrook is also nothing like LBJ. LBJ is very fundamentally sound. Westbrook is his own type of person. 

It's a catch 22 man, you put Kanter out there in crunch time you likely give up as many points on D as he is able to give you on October. Though he did make a few decent defensive plays last game. It's a flawed roster that just happens to have 2 of the 5 most unstoppable players in the league.

Before it was Scott Brooks fault, now it's Russ fault. KD got that lifetime EZ-pass on deck.

It's easy to say "KD doesn't want to be the guy". 

Part of the reason he doesn't get the ball late is HE CAN"T get the ball late.

You can put the ball in his hands instead of Russ' but that will result in a TO as well because though his handle is okay for his size, it's not Great and smaller guys that can D up will take it from him by double team or High pressure.

He forced that pass that went by Ibaka and Westbrook there late, you can say one of them should of grabbed it or he should have been able to feed someone in the post(Kanter/Adams)

Last edited:
And I'm almost positive when Kobe was talking about Russ, he was speaking of his approach to the game mentally and as a killer, not stylistically.

It's easy to say "KD doesn't want to be the guy". 

Part of the reason he doesn't get the ball late is HE CAN"T get the ball late.

You can put the ball in his hands instead of Russ' but that will result in a TO as well because though his handle is okay for his size, it's not Great.

He forced that pass that went by Ibaka and Westbrook there late, you can say one of them should of grabbed it or he should have been able to feed someone in the post(Kanter/Adams)
KD as "the guy" should absolutely DEMAND the ball in those situations. He's willingly conceding to Russ. If LBJ does something of that nature, everyone goes crazy. But KD has that pass that he's gotten forever it seems.

It's a catch 22 man, you put Kanter out there in crunch time you likely give up as many points on D as he is able to give you on October. Though he did make a few decent defensive plays last game. It's a flawed roster that just happens to have 2 of the 5 most unstoppable players in the league.
It's not a catch 22 though.

One outweighs the other in crunch time. Thunder need scoring, not Defense. They can't stop the opposition with him off the floor in most cases, then can't score either.

Atleast take one advantage instead of none

KD as "the guy" should absolutely DEMAND the ball in those situations. He's willingly conceding to Russ. If LBJ does something of that nature, everyone goes crazy. But KD has that pass that he's gotten forever it seems.
because kd isnt lebron. kd cant run an offense like lebron can. kd is an elite shooter and scorer. only things he excels at. 

kanter actually played decent d yesterday. 

Last edited:

because kd isnt lebron. kd cant run an offense like lebron can. kd is an elite shooter and scorer. only things he excels at. 
It's only right that the elite scorer demands the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom