Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what there is to even argue.

Kawhi is an elite basketball player on both ends of the floor.

Hands down the most elite all around basketball player on Earth, and I hate the Spurs.

What's there to discuss?

I don't know what there is to even argue.

Kawhi is an elite basketball player on both ends of the floor.

Hands down the most elite all around basketball player on Earth, and I hate the Spurs.

What's there to discuss?

Ppl just want something to argue about right now.

JD - hey bro do you prefer tiddies or as? I love me some big ol jugs

Leemelone - I gotta have that fatty bruh. I can live with some itty bitties as long as the cheeks is on point.

Ltb - guys it's mother's day weekend. Make sure to do something kind to show appreciation for the women that raised you!

Translation: I'm not arguing how good kawhi is. I'm saying per 36 is a bull **** 'stat' based in fantasy and makes a player look better than what they actually are.

Last edited:
:lol:

"Look, we're not the San Antonio Spurs," Durant said. "We're not going to make 30 passes in a possession. We're not that. Of course, people want us to be that. That's great basketball, don't get me wrong. But we're not that. We've got guys that can score..." - Kevin Durant

Good luck with that buddy. Thunder getting mopped next game because this fake rebel wants to run his lips

They got mopped cause KD wanna make a pass out of bounds in the last minute of the game. :lol:

Guys that can score huh...

Last edited:
Technically they do have guys that can score. What they lack is guys that DO score 
laugh.gif

He averaged 35.7 in a 7 gamer last year and the numbers are a little different.
It doesn't change the fact that per 36 is nothing but an assumption. He had another game at 35 minutes where he had 14 points on 38%. Maybe he had such a high output in those two games because he had so many other games playing a lot less minutes so he was relatively fresh. He ran 28 and 26 minutes and then had two days off before that 32 and 7 game where he actually ran 42 minutes. Going by that logic he should put up those numbers if he ran 42 minutes every game, ridiculous. He had 3 days off before the 31 and 11. In real life production will fluctuate.
There's so many variables. I can't assume any player would just increase all their numbers by playing more minutes EVERY game and that's what per 36 wants me to believe, silly as hell IMO.
It's a flawed and fake stat that I personally give very little credence to.
I've always thought this about 'projection' stats.

"If such and such bench player was actually a starter, he'd average a triple double. They should really consider that." Only one person has ever averaged a triple double, but the team should consider this person being a starter because his projected numbers off of 18 minutes a game would double if he were given 36? SOOOOOOO many other variables other than just doubling his minutes and therefore doubling his stats.

Kiwi a beast, though.

That's where you and I disagree.

I agree with lending no credence to projection stats, though.

"10 points on 5-5 in the first 7 minutes! He's on pace for 70 on 35-35 shooting!"
laugh.gif
 Chiiiiiillll. 

I'm not saying kiwi aint good. I'm saying I don't think he or anybody is as good as their per 36 until they actually put up those numbers while averaging 36 minutes a game night in and night out, in real life.

Last edited:
My bad, then. I thought you were on the "Kiwi is overrated buns. Spurs should trade him for JJ Redick" vibe.

"Look, we're not the San Antonio Spurs," Durant said. "We're not going to make 30 passes in a possession. We're not that. Of course, people want us to be that. That's great basketball, don't get me wrong. But we're not that. We've got guys that can score..." - Kevin Durant

Good luck with that buddy. Thunder getting mopped next game because this fake rebel wants to run his lips
kd is really showing his IQ here.

All he couldve said is that the OKC doesn't have a system

okc needs a guard that can handle and distribute and knows who to feed and when. the guy doesnt have to be a stud scorer, but can handle the duties of a PG. where is derek fisher when you need him :nerd:
russ cant always be playing PG and SG during the same possession

didnt realize timmy was putting up some 20/10s last yr vs the clips in playoffs. made a bet that he would get a 20/10 before this series ends (dont think he has had one all yr, but stil...) :lol:

Last edited:
Some players just have certain habits , especially superstars, they are above coachinf and can't/don't want to play in a system like the spurs.

kd is really showing his IQ here.

All he couldve said is that the OKC doesn't have a system

KD regressed mentally hanging out with westbrook, guy needs some new scenery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom