Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some players just have certain habits , especially superstars, they are above coachinf and can't/don't want to play in a system like the spurs.

So you're saying aside from those certain players, coaching is responsible for teaching good habits and getting guys to be effective in a system?

[emoji]129300[/emoji]

So you're saying aside from those certain players, coaching is responsible for teaching good habits and getting guys to be effective in a system?

[emoji]129300[/emoji]
some guys aren't coachable period.Westbrook is who he is. Coaching was always blamed with okc but it isn't the coaching. It's the players. That's how they want to play will play no matter who is the coach.

Coaching does matter but not as much as people think it does or say it does.. That's always been my stance on coaching. Plenty of players can't play in a spurs or GS type system.

Last edited:
KD wants to be known as a player with personality. Guess he got tired of doing the whole nice guy media golden child schtick but he put himself in that box in the first place.

Reminds me of the discussion of what players wear during practices
laugh.gif

Russ shouldn't have the ball so much at the end of games. . He does the dumbest things time and time again in crunch time.he's a mini lebron with a bad ball IQ.

Durant should be shooting way more. He should be the main dude.
Even not having a system and not being coachable they are still a top 5 nba team.

Last edited:
The problem with giving Durant the ball more is the defense will collapse on him because the Thunder don't have enough shooting around him to keep defenses honest.

The problem with giving Durant the ball more is the defense will collapse on him because the Thunder don't have enough shooting around him to keep defenses honest.

Exactly they were hard doubling towards the end, specifically on that last play where he threw the ball away. It's more of a function of them over relying on KD and Russ to have to do everything. Nobody else can get their own shot except Waiters and he sucks. They're more often than not playing 3 on 5 on offense out there, makes them way easy to defend especially late.

KD was the blunder at the end IMO. That one pass out of bounds is the one play that stuck out to me last night.

And the hail mary hookshot by West. :lol:

I been saying it for years that OKC needs a Derek Fisher/Andre Miller type of PG and move Russ to the 2. Dudes got sensitive and was like "Russy is a PG. The NBA has changed. He's the evolution".

Yeah aight. :lol:

Russ has become my favorite player in the league over the last few years. I love dudes attitude. He got that dog in him. He's a good playmaker, but if you put too much on his plate he'll become reckless. He has that Kobe/A.I mindset. It's that attack mentality. You don't want dudes like that bringing the ball up on every possession tryna act as a PG. You want them to be scorers.

We always see this get exposed with OKC, especially at the end of games. People wanna take it as knock on Russ but it's not, he's just not a PG. He's a SG. Just cuz somebody gets assist doesn't mean they're a PG. Russ is a bigger A.I. If Durant stays they need to find a dude that can play the Point and move Russ to the 2.

the thunder are the most talented bums in the league

rip to that franchise once the spurs eliminate them

View media item 2022862

Donovan is right and this is what separates the GSW's, the Spurs, Etc. from everyone else. Random, instinctive offense.

Have always felt that so much of what we love from gsw and sas offensively isnt scripted at all. You have to have high iq basketball players that instinctively know when to set a pindown, or a flair screen or a curl, some type of sophisticated motion without being told to do so.

When you see okc look stagnant on offense it isnt because brooks or now donovan havent made a playcall. Its because the play was blown up and the players dont know what to do

KD called Kawhi a system player and he scared to even check him and is food the possessions when he does because for whatever reason he didn't get a chance to go "hide" on Danny Green

And not playing Morrow last night is inexcusable

And did I hear right that Roberson has 1 field goal this series?

I think even his evolutionary ancestor Thabo hooping in his running shoes for the A (why is Presti obsessed with this archetype of sg?) has a few buckets

Last edited:
If KD left, wonder who Okc would try to pick up to play with Wessy and how long it would take NT to turn on Russel like Harden

KD called Kawhi a system player and he scared to even check him and is food the possessions when he does because for whatever reason he didn't get a chance to go "hide" on Danny Green
You got a link to this?

But it came to that, you cant just say "if Westbrook blah blah they woudnt be in that position". They were in that mess, KD didnt get them out but added to the mess.

Donovan is right and this is what separates the GSW's, the Spurs, Etc. from everyone else. Random, instinctive offense.

Have always felt that so much of what we love from gsw and sas offensively isnt scripted at all. You have to have high iq basketball players that instinctively know when to set a pindown, or a flair screen or a curl, some type of sophisticated motion without being told to do so.

When you see okc look stagnant on offense it isnt because brooks or now donovan havent made a playcall. Its because the play was blown up and the players dont know what to do

I think the coaches can teach the discipline needed to play that way. IMO the smarter, high bball IQ players just buy into that discipline easier/faster than the Westbrooks do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom