Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

It ain't personal it's just jokes. Superfans around the league get jokes even if their favorite player is good :lol:

:rofl:

Son has been stewing

dude, i'm just really hella blown that as of right now he looks like a wasted pick. we could've had Donovan :smh: i'm tired of how poorly draft, and some of yall tryna justify Frank just irks me, bc yall really starting to accept mediocrity. yall deserve to be fans of this sorry *** organization with that mindset. **** Frank until he makes an all star team or averages at least 12 and 6.

Frank is a rookie from France...no American training. Top defender in the league at 19 and youngest in the draft. 12 other teams picked over Donovan Mitchell. Yes, we know Knicks is a ****** organization but realize this is basketball stuff is not in the hands of any of us fans. You should not seem to be this frustrated my dude. Mitchell was drafted into a good situation where he replaced Gordan Hayward essentially.

I understand your “grass is greener” mentality & say you should just be a Jazz/ Mitchell fan man. Some of us see potential in Frank and some don’t, it’s cool but rookies usually take time especially those from out the country. 76ers didn’t have Embiid play for years man...if you’re that blown just go watch Mitchell. We’re just people who have different views... :lol:

Frank is a rookie from France...no American training. Top defender in the league at 19 and youngest in the draft. 12 other teams picked over Donovan Mitchell. Yes, we know Knicks is a ****ty organization but realize this is basketball stuff is not in the hands of any of us fans. You should not seem to be this frustrated my dude. Mitchell was drafted into a good situation where he replaced Gordan Hayward essentially.

I understand your “grass is greener” mentality & say you should just be a Jazz/ Mitchell fan man. Some of us see potential in Frank and some don’t, it’s cool but rookies usually take time especially those from out the country. 76ers didn’t have Embiid play for years man...if you’re that blown just go watch Mitchell. We’re just people who have different views... :lol:

Good post.

For everyone that's mad we passed on Mitchell, did you even want him? I know a lot of us wanted DSJ but I don't remember Mitchell having a big following.

Also, I can't imagine the takes in here if we used a top 3 pick on someone that didn't play a single game for TWO full seasons. Or if we traded up to #1 and our pick had mental issues for 6 months. Have. Patience.

dude, i'm just really hella blown that as of right now he looks like a wasted pick. we could've had Donovan :smh: i'm tired of how poorly draft, and some of yall tryna justify Frank just irks me, bc yall really starting to accept mediocrity. yall deserve to be fans of this sorry *** organization with that mindset. **** Frank until he makes an all star team or averages at least 12 and 6.
I think there is a big difference in preaching patience as far as 19 year old lottery picks are concerned, and accepting mediocrity.

You're complaining like this is some **** that happens all the time with the Knicks and your lack of faith is justified. This isn't a case like the Knicks foolishly chasing after a big name coach/GM, overpaying for an aging vet free agent, trading away all of our assets for a big name star, etc. - where having the attitude of "yall just never learn" and/or "if you can accept this happening after all these years than you deserve this ****" like you are putting on display right now is justified.

But there hasn't really been an example of Knicks fans foolishly preaching patience for a an unknown Euro draftpick to no avail. The only major examples of the Knicks drafting Euro projects early in the draft have been Gallo and KP, which both paid off to different extents. And like we were saying the other day, most of the Knicks' big time "busts" haven't actually been the "projects" (KP, Gallo, David Lee, Wilson Chandler, Ariza) it's been the ones who peaked too early and fell off (Channing Frye, Shump, Landry Fields, Timmy part 1, Willy, Jordan Hill, etc.).

Bigger problem with the Knicks and the "sorry ***" fans has been a lack of patience much more than it's been too much patience. Im not trying to go to battle with some of yall and say that Frank's season has been anywhere near perfect, but the closest situation I can recall to compare the amount of people looking to count out Frank so soon to is the immediate aftermath of the 2015 Draft and everyone who was furious and typing out the same kind of "Knicks are ******" "this guy is a bum, he'll never be good" **** in here about Porzingis. That situation ended up working out ok for us.

And I get the difference between the 2 scenarios being that Porzingis had a better rookie season than Frank did, but at the end of the day, this isn't a performance based issue, it's a Euro-bias/unfamiliarity issue. People wouldn't have Boo'd Justise Winslow or Okafor on draft night like they did with Porzingis and people wouldn't be ready to write off Dennis Smith Jr. if we drafted him and he had a slow rookie season.

Just like with KP, the issue with Frank is that a lot of yall were never willing to buy into him from the start and wont do so unless he really proves otherwise to you the way that KP was able to. But at the end of the day just because that happened with KP doesn't mean that you could/should always expect that to be the case and if it isn't than it instantly means it was a **** up. Frank is a year younger than KP was and a true project, and just because the positive impact hasn't been felt so immediately, that doesn't mean that it won't happen with time or that this kind of season wasn't expected when we drafted the kid.

I'm not saying that everyone needs to go out and cop his authentic, it's ok to criticize his performance, but I think it's a little ridiculous for some of yall to write him off long-term or call out people expressing optimism as much as you do. It is possible to criticize his current play without calling him a bust and it's also possible to call for optimism/patience without justifying everything he has done.

Last edited:
I'm more worried about the stigma of the organization and how it's usually a mess and the pressure NYC comes with. Most if not all tier 1 free agents don't want to be a part of that.

We have to hit and build through the draft in the immediate future.

Like I’ve been saying this whole time, I think most people are just tight that the Knicks took a “project” with a lottery pick. If Frank was selected later, I don’t think the issue would be there.

What about guys selected higher than him? Jonathan Isaac whose barely played, Darron Fox who plays 30 min a game consistently and only shows some flashes here and there, Fultz who was the #1 pick but has a **** ton of mental issues.

Going in on Frank whose younger than all those guys and hasn't had the same opportunities or issues as them is a bit premature.

Yea I get it he hasn't met anyone's expectations, hell I was watching him all summer and even I think he's been trash more often than not, but at this point I legit feel like some of y'all just don't like him. He can avg 15-5-5 game for a month straight and some of y'all would still be *****ing about DSJ and Mitchell.

Like I’ve been saying this whole time, I think most people are just tight that the Knicks took a “project” with a lottery pick. If Frank was selected later, I don’t think the issue would be there.
So basically you’re saying to hate on Frank is justified because “no one” wanted him in the first place but to be optimistic about his potential is caping?

I agree with the last 3 posts, but I just don't feel like quoting you all. I'm not really THAT blown. This thread is the only place I can vent regarding my frustrations with this team.

Some of you guys are emphasizing on patience, well it's been damn near my whole adult life since we've been good/relevant. How much longer do I have to be patient? It would be one thing if this organization/team was headed in the right direction, and just waiting on Frank to develop. However, that's not the case. He's one of our rare top 10 picks, and I expected more. We might be slightly trending a bit more upwards, since Phil got fired, but we still have ******* Rambis in the building. Other than KP, we have nothing. For real, imagine if we went this whole season without him.

I'm not saying I was on the Donovan ship from the beginning. I'm just saying that we drafted a project instead of someone a bit more ready to play. Does he have the higher ceiling? MAYBE. he's a good defender, and that's cool. That's about the only credit I can give him at this point. His athleticism, ball handling, passing vision aren't anything to write home about. Dude needs to give me something to say wow about. I wasn't on the KP train either, but at least he shocked all of us in summer league. We knew from then that he was going to be a player in this league. Frank is on the fringe. He could be a solid player in 3 years or not even in the league.

Oh and, if we drafted Embiid, yall would be saying the same **** about wasting a pick on a player that doesn't play. Don't tell me you'd be on the patience train if he ended up being Greg Oden.

Confused on what you mean by patience, since we've made it to the conference semis once in the last 18 years. We've only made it to the playoffs 5 times in that span. How much longer are we gonna wait?

Nobody called Porzingis trash towords the end of his rookie season that's not a fair comparison. Frank has been buns this whole season. Yeah he's young yeah he's from France, nothing wrong with being optimistic but don't be blind to the current facts. The fact that Frank was a lottery pick is absolutely the issue. Nobody caping for or caring about Dotsons development or lack thereof..

If the Knicks have been **** for 20 years because they keep trying to take short cuts, and 20 years later you want to keep taking short cuts because the Knicks have made you wait for 20 years, what should that tell you? :lol:

Like I said, I have VERY little patience for the Knicks somehow being run by Steve Mills after 20 years. I have very little patience regarding reports they want to hire Doc Rivers. I have very little patience for a lot of things that have to do with the Knicks acting like the ******* Knicks after 20 years of the same ******* ******** on repeat, but when it comes to assessing the development of a 19 year-old lottery pick, I'm willing to show a bit more patience because that's just how it works.

i could agree with this completely... dont see the point in drafting a project... we knew KP had the potential before drafting but Frank whats his ceiling that was like ok we have to draft this kid asap... i see him being a good defensive player that can hit the occasional 3 point shot like jae crowder but smaller obviously... im not even hating on Frank i want him to be great and if he improves in the next few years that would be awesome... but this year he hasnt show flashes... ya he had a few games here and there but nothing to be like ya thats 1 of our franchise players to build around... this year has been very disappointing to say the least... but calling him trash every game does nothing but at the same time hes been playing terrible... the only thing you can do is hope for the best with Frank but for now seems like a waste of a lottery pick imo... But i guess thats irrelevant since top 3 draft picks getted moved frequently like derrick williams, beasley, okafor and russell... i really do hope Frank works out here and can improve just for the sake of the Knicks and the fans

Nobody called Porzingis trash towords the end of his rookie season that's not a fair comparison. Frank has been buns this whole season. Yeah he's young yeah he's from France, nothing wrong with being optimistic but don't be blind to the current facts. The fact that Frank was a lottery pick is absolutely the issue. Nobody caping for or caring about Dotsons development or lack thereof..
Last I checked, Dotson wasn’t a high lottery draft pick so what point you trying to make with him?

Last I checked, Dotson wasn’t a high lottery draft pick so what point you trying to make with him?
That was the point.. The expectations are higher for Frank and the lack of success is magnified. If Frank was drafted in Dotsons position no one would really care that he's bad so far.

How can you say we knew KP had the potential but at the same time think Frank is a bust though. Does Frank have no potential now? He was drafted strictly because of his potential. No teenager with certain tools goes past the 10th pick in the NBA draft.

99% of the fan base thought KP would be a scrub from the jump. Give Frank atleast 2 years

Frank is trash, let it go.... he hasn't shown me anything on the offensive side of the ball to be a lottery pick

Defense is Pretty good but you gotta play good D when your limited offensively... he's obviously not a pg... not enough skill to play off the ball and is undersized at the 3... where do u play him?

Back
Top Bottom