OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
 • It changes the recruiting calendar to allow for an early signing period in December (effective Aug. 1). Only the Collegiate Commissioners Association can create new National Letter of Intent signing periods.
• It adds a period for official visits that begins April 1 of the junior year and ends the Sunday before the last Wednesday in June of that year. Official visits can’t occur in conjunction with a prospect’s participation in a school’s camp or clinic (effective Aug. 1).
• It prevents Football Bowl Subdivision schools from hiring people close to a prospective student-athlete for a two-year period before and after the student’s anticipated and actual enrollment at the school. This provision was adopted in men’s basketball in 2010 (effective immediately, though schools may honor contracts signed before Jan. 18, 2017).
• Football Bowl Subdivision schools are limited to signing 25 prospective and current student-athletes to a first-time financial aid agreement or a National Letter of Intent. Exceptions exclude current student-athletes who have been enrolled full-time at the school for at least two years and prospective or current student-athletes who suffer an incapacitating injury (effective for recruits who sign after Aug. 1, 2017).
• It limits the time for Football Bowl Subdivision coaches to participate in camps and clinics to 10 days in June and July and requires that the camps take place on a school’s campus or in facilities regularly used by the school for practice or competition. Staff members with football-specific responsibilities are subject to the same restrictions. The Football Championship Subdivision can conduct and participate in camps during the months of June and July (effective immediately, though schools may honor contracts signed before Jan. 18, 2017).
• It allows coaches employed at a camp or clinic to have recruiting conversations with prospects participating in camps and clinics and requires educational sessions at all camps and clinics detailing initial eligibility standards, gambling rules, agent rules and drug regulations (effective immediately).
It allows Football Bowl Subdivision schools to hire a 10th assistant coach (effective Jan. 9, 2018).
http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...otball-di-council-adopts-new-recruiting-model

blxjp.jpg

Back from the game.

-Speight was off today. Gonna be an off-season of hot takes about the qb situation, because Brandon Peters looks legit. He threw some nice balls, good mobility. Speight had like no time to throw though, but even when he did he was mostly off-target.
-Gary and Khaleke Hudson stood out on defense. Lot of guys were getting through the line. Devin Bush, Carlo Kemp looked solid in the regard.
-I was excited to see Donovan Peoples-Jones, but Tarik Black had the better day. Just very little time for pass plays to develop.
-Solid play from the running backs. Glad to see Kareem out there making some good tough runs.
-O-line being split up didn't help. Hard to say too...hopefully they can field a solid lineup. Mike Onwenu is ginormous.

blxjp.jpg

Back from the game.

-Speight was off today. Gonna be an off-season of hot takes about the qb situation, because Brandon Peters looks legit. He threw some nice balls, good mobility. Speight had like no time to throw though, but even when he did he was mostly off-target.
-Gary and Khaleke Hudson stood out on defense. Lot of guys were getting through the line. Devin Bush, Carlo Kemp looked solid in the regard.
-I was excited to see Donovan Peoples-Jones, but Tarik Black had the better day. Just very little time for pass plays to develop.
-Solid play from the running backs. Glad to see Kareem out there making some good tough runs.
-O-line being split up didn't help. Hard to say too...hopefully they can field a solid lineup. Mike Onwenu is ginormous.

Bench his *** Jim. It worries me about that o line tho. Its gonna be a rough year.

OL wasn't split. Cole-Bredeson-Kugler-Onwenu-Runyan were all together. They shuffled a ton but they ran the 1s vs 1s quite a bit. Speight looked so bad. Oh well. Time for the staff to make that $$$. Should be a fun year with the young guys getting lots of snaps

oh for real? well then yeah it was a rough outing for them.

thing about speight is that a big part of his game is escaping trouble in the pocket, but today was obviously just touching the QB was a tackle. but like he said there's gonna be an adjustment period with some of the new wr's.

But peters just looks like the prototype.
Can't wait for him to lead the offense.

oh for real? well then yeah it was a rough outing for them.

thing about speight is that a big part of his game is escaping trouble in the pocket, but today was obviously just touching the QB was a tackle. but like he said there's gonna be an adjustment period with some of the new wr's.

But peters just looks like the prototype.
Can't wait for him to lead the offense.

Tell me more about this peters....:nerd:

Saw McCall for OSU get loose on a run. Kid can move. Haskins stat line looked good.

Kid is a monster. Haskins and burrow both looked good. Sad to say I don't see Martell seeing the field with those guys ahead of him but he definitely has some talent

As long as it doesn't come down to another circus show with the QBs again I'm happy. This season will be JT, Burrow, Haskins.

I just wonder 2-3 seasons from now if Martell will even be with the team or transferred our

I think he should be. If I remember correctly he was kicked out? Not sure if that effects eligibility or not

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom