Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

They'll probably make some BS excuse how it was for family reasons just to sweep it under the rug.
They already did

They said he flew back to Chicago without telling ANYONE for "family reasons"

laugh.gif

How hot is Phil's seat right now?

Not hot at all
Word.

Don't think Dolan cares
Word.

Soon as Phil opened his mouth to the media, things went left.
Didn't Melo begin to play better and we continued winning more games over a certain # of games? :lol:

Phil and his minions gotta go. The shadow he has over this team is way too toxic. Literally nothing good comes from his stubbornness or his ******** opinions/philosophies. Dude should have stuck to coaching.
:rofl: @ Phil being too toxic now.

More like the roster was too soft to take it.

I think yall need to start recognizing the pattern here.

How many toxic regimes have Knicks had in 16 years now? I thought Isaiah and sexual assaults and the **** show with Starbury was the benchmark but apparently wanting the triangle to be ran and calling out the best player on the team that just got a max extension is unbearable :lol:

Let me find out Knicks fans have become thin skinned since Walsh.

Last edited:
Knicks roster is booty juice but are we supposed to ignore Phil and his ineptitude because of prior regimes that sucked as well ? The Phil, Rambis, and Sasha triangle posse are a huge negative aspect in this trainwreck franchise.

Last edited:
Knicks roster is booty juice but are we supposed to ignore Phil and his ineptitude because of prior regimes that sucked as well ? The Phil, Rambis, and Sasha triangle posse are a huge negative aspect in this trainwreck franchise.
While I don't agree with the word ineptitude I suggest you reread the post or the quote.

We talking about Phil's alleged toxicity to the team. That's not just overblown and exaggerated it's complete nonsense.

:lol: @ grouping in Rambis and Sasha as net negatives with Phil. Two ppl that don't even have enough impact on this "booty juice" roster.

Perhaps it's the fatigue of being losers for the most part for 16 years you guys are suffering from but this Phil era is nowhere near the worst this franchise has seen.

Last edited:
Every time I check score updates on my phone, The changes in score are ridiculous. One minute we up by 10 next time I look like 10 min later we down by 10. Like wth ?

I've stayed away from watching the games for a while especially after being up 4 games over 500 and now. Idk what we are...

It's a sad downward spiral. I don't even know what happened. It's news to me that Rose went AWOL

Perhaps it's the fatigue of being losers for the most part for 16 years you guys are suffering from but this Phil era is nowhere near the worst this franchise has seen.

Does that make it suck less? Is it a coincidence that Our defense is in the toilet and Rambis and his 28% win pct is our defensive coach?

While I don't agree with the word ineptitude I suggest you reread the post or the quote.

We talking about Phil's alleged toxicity to the team. That's not just overblown and exaggerated it's complete nonsense.

:lol: @ grouping in Rambis and Sasha as net negatives with Phil. Two ppl that don't even have enough impact on this "booty juice" roster.

Yeah... for how long can you keep scapegoating the coaches? Remember when Mike Woodson was the problem? And Dantoni was the problem? Now it's Hornacek who's a bad coach and that's why the Knicks aren't winning?

Season has gone in the toilet and down the drain. Christmas is when we went spiraling, but I bring it back to that western road trip where we went 2-3. Specifically against PHX. There is a distinct Jackyll and Hyde from that game.

Either way, someone hand me my brown paper bag. This team is embarrassing.

I didnt think we could get any lower than we were but last nights antics on and off the court showed us that this team is going nowhere.

Lets not even talk about basketball at this point, because the problems go so deeply beyond the game. It's truly a wretched time to root for this team. Anyone out there still pumping their fists in support, I beg of you to stop and walk away, This team doesnt deserve your support.

First It's Melo's fault, then Horny bc of his rotations, then we're losing bc KP isn't playing the 5, then Rose is a one trick pony, and now back to Phil being Phil. Y'all get any more fingers to point?

This whole franchise has it's issues. Have some been exaggerated? Likely so. Are any straight lies? I'm leaning towards no. It's a culmination of the various issues that have the team at this point. Players with no effort, coach and front office not being on the same page as far as vision, players being put in positions where their best skills may not be highlighted, constant back and forth rotations, guys playing for themselves and not the overall goal.

We have had worse seasons and scandals. That is true. Now I didn't think much of this team to begin with but I was willing to give them a chance. Things being at this point isn't too shocking but it does show we have a theme going on.

The biggest problem is defense. They can score just fine. Defense is the problem. Not the Knicks dancers, not the coach, not Phil, not Dolan (yes, not Dolan). It's the players on the court.

Dolan definitely isn't the problem. Man hasn't been heard from in lord knows how long.

Hornacek is fine. His rotations are just shaky. Hope he stays as long as possible. But some of these fools shouldn't be playing. That's just something you tolerate as a fan though.

Phil? Forcing Rambis on Hornacek isn't something I would think a successful franchise would do. You let the man in charge handle his issues on the sideline. I would consider that a problem. He stopped forcing the triangle on them so I'll give him that.

Player effort? Definitely a problem. They don't care and we don't score well enough to get over it.

Offense? We score points, though at times it involves selfish play. We have no consistent playmakers. Eh.

Dolan definitely isn't the problem. Man hasn't been heard from in lord knows how long.

Hornacek is fine. His rotations are just shaky. Hope he stays as long as possible. But some of these fools shouldn't be playing. That's just something you tolerate as a fan though.

Phil? Forcing Rambis on Hornacek isn't something I would think a successful franchise would do. You let the man in charge handle his issues on the sideline. I would consider that a problem. He stopped forcing the triangle on them so I'll give him that.

Player effort? Definitely a problem. They don't care and we don't score well enough to get over it.

Offense? We score points, though at times it involves selfish play. We have no consistent playmakers. Eh.

Give this man a round of applause.

It's a multitude of issues that plague this dormant franchise

I know everyday I'm in here pointing my finger and a different issue because there's so many :lol:

I wish there was one specific thing that we can all kumbaya and come to cry about collectively but it isn't.

Roster talent
Phil's ego
Noah's contract
Melo's lack of leadership
Outdated offensive gameplan
Rotations
Zero effort defensively (coach and player issue)
Defense
Rambis
Rambis
Defense
Rambis

this is the first time in a while you cant blame dolan... but then again he did hire phil to be a GM when hes only good at being a coach :lol:

If i recall correctly...it was like a month into the season and we were only practicing defensive schemes against the offense that we run (which no other team in the league runs).

Coaching staff definitely has to shoulder some of the responsibility for the poor defense.

3 point shooting doesn't seem to be big part of team agenda and identity and that seemingly carries over to the other side of the ball too. We are probably the worst in the league at defending 3 point attempts. That's a coaching/management issue.

Hornacek has the makeup to be a good coach but it seems like he's being handicapped, instead of given the freedom that a first year coach desperately needs to flourish.

Last edited:
Hopefully all this culminates to the players wanting nothing to do with Rambis and his defense, and Phil moves him to another department.

Bam, we go on winning streak, hit a little stride and season is saved.

Time to blow it all up and rebuild the right way.

I hope things spin out of control and continue to get worse. Phil should be handing RC Buford or Masai a blank check next year.

And for all those Melo would never ask for a trade crowd, we'll see how much toxicity they can handle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom