Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

In my 2K season the Cavs just offered me Tristan Thompson & JR for Rose & KOQ 
nerd.gif

he might as well. i mean he doesn't get ANY respect from the refs, so i also don't blame him for taking jumpers vs getting beat up in the paint for no FTs. the REAL problems i see are Phil keep Rambis around to "coach the defense" and lack of effort. other than that, it's really not that bad. everything is just magnified bc we're losing. if we were winning, no one says anything about the rotations or Phil's comments to the media or trading Melo.

Next thing we're gonna hear about is a 2 hour team meeting where everyone airs it out. We'll go back and win some games. Then couple weeks later ****'s gonna go downhill again.

It's a damn cycle.

There are rumors going around that Rose might request a trade or a buyout. The last thing I want is Rondo on this team. Another washed player and fake *** leader.

Cant think of any other team that'll take a flyer on Rose.

Last edited:
I think KP can be that guy in the near future aka when Melo's contract is up.

He cares. And normally thats all that matters. Kid plays hard. Not smart all the time but he plays hard.

He can't be that leader because at this point in his career he'd be overstepping his boundary. Not that it's right, but thats just politics of sports.

Eventually I feel that he will grow into that role. He's gonna be our guy sooner or later.

Now for this current team, yeah we sorely need a leader. like thats probably the cure to our ailments.
Melo once again, :smh: :lol:

I'm not even gonna waste my time on that joke of a baller. All Ima say is, he quit on his team many times this season. Last night was a new low for him. He checked out and his true character was reaffirmed.

WE STILL GOT KP. LETS GO

There are rumors going around that Rose might request a trade or a buyout. The last thing I want is Rondo on this team. Another washed player and fake *** leader.

Cant think of any other team that'll take a flyer on Rose.
A lot of contending teams would take that dude if he could agree to a bench role. 

In other news apparently he's back at the Knicks Facility already this morning 
laugh.gif

It was probably parent teacher night at his son's school in Chicago and he forgot or something so rushed out there to make the meeting 
laugh.gif

Porzingis actually cares about winning but I don't think he'll ever be a vocal guy, which is fine. Not everyone is that kind of person.

I'm talking about someone like Kevin Garnett who isn't afraid to set the tone. Someone who'll pull you aside & tell you to get your head outta your ***.

I'm obviously not in the locker room but on the court it seems like this group of guys is okay with getting their *** handed to them on their home court by sorry *** teams. Every night it's the same ****: "We didn't execute" or "We have to communicate on defense". They can talk all they want about committing to winning but that's all it is. Talk.

I think KP actually could be that guy. You don't see it because he's young and he's not suppose to get in peoples faces.

What yall want is a Draymond Green. But how many of them are there in the league? Be real, we gotta groom that. You recognize something in someone and light their fire. I see the fire in KP.

Just gonna be a regular interview. Doubt he indulges any juicy information.

Probably along the lines of " there was a situation that needed my attention asap. i made a decision to go. i apologize to my teammates and staff. i didnt want to become a burden . once again i apologized. i want to move on"

naw, i don't see KP anything close to Draymond. no way KP ever does what Dray did to KD. he seems too nice.

I'm not sure how much this means or how telling it is but I was doing some stat diving of my own right now for the span of when the season started going to **** which I believe started with the PHX game. Starting with that game we're currently on a 3-11 skid. 

BUT the telling stat I found with these losses whether they're blowouts or not is our 4th quarters is that during this 3-11 stretch we've outscored our opponents 391-331 with a record of 9-3-2 in those 4th quarters

We're averaging 28 points in those 4th quarters and our opponents are averaging 23

Most of these 4th quarters we've either had a sense of urgency because we were close or our "B Squad" (Baker, Kuz, Billy, Plumlee & Holiday or Jennings) have been the 5 on the floor

Again I don't know what all that could mean but it just shows that this whole team has the ability to play great defense but seemingly just chooses not to put forth the effort or only do when they're in **** it mode and not running the schemes given to them 

Back
Top Bottom