Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

How y'all think they're gonna design our rings?

I'm drunk.
This is an underrated post 
roll.gif

Forgot what a win feels like. Imagine if we could hold teams under 100 points like last nights game...

We'd probably have 24-25 wins by now.

i'd rather win a first round series than get a top 10 pick TBH

A playoff series win would HUGE for the development of the young guys on the teams, especially KP.

I understand you guys want to build the team, but we also need to build on what we already have. It's our job to nurture KP and instill a winning culture as soon as we can, or else he'll be mended into a player we wouldn't even want. Much of the success an individual has on the NBA level is heavily attributed to his early career success and exposure. It's much like anything else in life. The sooner you're exposed to something, the better off you'll be.

The only time i'll give melo credit

Report: Carmelo Anthony unwilling to waive no-trade clause

The Knicks have lost nine of 11. Derrick Rose went AWOL and is reportedly getting frustrated with coach Jeff Hornacek. New York’s defense is causing squabbling.

Does Carmelo Anthony – who holds a no-trade clause – want to stick around?

Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders:

A source close to Anthony says he’s unwilling to green-light a trade out of New York, even with how bad it’s turned.

This was before the Knicks lost to the 76ers and before Anthony got booed by New York fans, but I doubt a single game or single fan reaction will swing him. This is a big-picture decision.

Anthony appears happy in big-market New York, and he says he’s secure in his basketball legacy. You might think Anthony should leave so he can contend for his first NBA championship, but he doesn’t seem to think that way.

That said, if Anthony has second thoughts, he’s incentivized to explore those as soon as possible. The window for maximizing his trade kicker is now open. If dealt today, Anthony would receive a $10,076,089 trade bonus. That amount drops $21,670 daily until the trade deadline. It’d be $8,125,785 in the offseason and then continue declining throughout next season.

Obviously, a trade wouldn’t be up to just Anthony. The Knicks don’t have to deal him, and with 31-year-olds Joakim Noah and Courtney Lee locked up long-term, rebuilding around Kristaps Porzingis wouldn’t be a simple pivot. In fact, a belief Anthony wouldn’t waive his no-trade clause might have persuaded Phil Jackson to build on Anthony’s timeline. Plus, it’d take another team to deal for the highly paid star on the wrong side of 30.

Anthony has repeatedly said he won’t approve a trade from New York, but as the Knicks rot, it’s always good to get an update on his thinking.

Haven't visited the NBA Thread all season. Whats it like in there? :nerd:

a cluster f*** of s***

you make one statement, be prepared to back it up, they'll argue just for the sake.

I once said Derozen was top 15 NBA player....... got my butt handed to me.... but yet look at him now

Haven't visited the NBA Thread all season. Whats it like in there? 
nerd.gif
a cluster f*** of s***

you make one statement, be prepared to back it up, they'll argue just for the sake.

I once said Derozen was top 15 NBA player....... got my butt handed to me.... but yet look at him now
Yeah I figured it'd be something like that hahah

That's the reason I stay here. I have my opinions about the league but I rather not waste my time trying to justify anything non-Knicks related or justify Knicks related things to non-Knicks fans

a cluster f*** of s***

You were the one that tried to name like 25 players better than Melo earlier in the season right? :nerd:

a cluster f*** of s***

You were the one that tried to name like 25 players better than Melo earlier in the season right? :nerd:

Nope, I was the one that said Derozen is def a top 15 NBA player, and that melo at 15 sounds about right.

Here are the players Kenny Smith has said so far are better than Melo

24. Melo

23. Wade- NO

22. CP3- Better than Melo. Should be higher than 22.

21. KAT- At this point in their careers it's debatable but I guess it could go either way. Melo is still better on offense than KAT and KAT is only a little bit better on D than Melo

20. Dwight Howard- Close but I'd say no

19. Lamarcus Aldridge- Almost 1 dimensional on offense. Below average on D. Melo is better.

18. Paul George- Having a trash season. I'd take this seasons Melo over this seasons PG

17. Deandre- HELL NO

16. Jimmy Butler- Improvement showing again from him this season. I'll give him the edge over Melo

15. Drummond- Would definitely take Melo over Andre. Having a subpar season for what we thought he'd be doing by now. D is great but can't shoot a lick from anywhere still.

14. Dame- Better than Melo

13. Giannis- Better than Melo. Probably should be higher on the list. What he's doing this year is crazy.

12. Klay- Better than Melo now. I believe his D is great but his offensive numbers are a product of the system he plays in and the players around him.

11. Blake- I would NOT take Blake over Melo. Can;t stay on the floor and skill set is almost the same but Melo has the offensive edge.

KAT is a **** tier defender just like Melo. His team sucks just like Melo's only reason he's better is because he's younger and has potential

PG is overrated as hell. Can't stand him but I still rather have him than Melo

Howard, Wade, Drummond, Lamarcus. Jordan hell ******* NO

In what world....is every player from 21 to 11 better than Chris Paul?

Deandre ****** Jordan?

You kidding me :lol:

Back
Top Bottom