Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

I'm not saying that that isn't the narrative because I Know that it is because everyone just follows it and that's kinda what's been deemed acceptable. I'm just saying I think it's a dumb narrative to follow and I've never agreed with it. I've always said I think LeBron is better than MJ in terms of a basketball player.

You make comments like this and you better back it up.

You also need to give us your age as well :lol:

Seen both MJ and Lebron in their haydays. LeBron is certainly the more talented player between the two, but that doesn't always mean better.

I've never seen MJ crumble during a big moment in his career. Hell, I've never even seen a defender or teams confidently play Jordan when he was winning. Let alone, never had the feeling of being uncertain MJ would pull out a win when he needed it. With Lebron there's always that chance that he'll fall short.

Lebron is also a very psychologically weak minded player lacking a killer instinct. Lebron's physical gifts aside, MJ would eat him up and spit him back out.

Last edited:
I'm not tryna get into a full blown back and forth in the Knicks thread about this but that just my piece and I'll take it to my grave 
laugh.gif

CP3 don't win **** either tho

Dont think a team with the PG being their best player has won it all since Isiah.

LOL at not amounted to anything. Dude actually plays defense, leads, and makes his teammates better. If Melo had the same qualities as CP he'd be a much much better player.
And he has led them to the same results as Melo :lol:

You can try and spin it so CP3 is the better player but he has vastly better players around him and still done nothing.

so Ewing and Melo are in the same boat too?

Def not. Ewing did more with his time here in NY, but we've had this conversation already. Ewing was in a better position to have more success here in NY than Melo.
Also, Melo hasn't been here half as long yet.

Some dudes would have you think he had a solid 8 seasons of putrid play and a worse attitude.

Last edited:
Like it or not Melo isn't going anywhere who would want him at this point besides one of his buddies?
Doubt we would get much from anyone for him anyways.
Plus i doubt Dolan would trade him, Melo's the face the franchise & that's always been more important then winning here & to Dolan.
Until seats aren't selling out anyway...

I still have confidence in the team. Season is almost at the half way mark. There's still a lot of basketball left to play and we have yet to play out best, I believe.

We just haven't caught a break with the injuries. Melo dealing with his shoulder and KP with the achilles. It's def a rough patch. D.Rose has been solid for us and so has KOQ and Kuz. We have some bright spots here, whether the media would like to recognize it or not. Everything is extrapolated because it's NY.

I believe if we have a few weeks where everyone can be healthy and on the same page we will get back to winning basketball.

Dwyane Wade: Carmelo Anthony not likely to wave no-trade clause

“He loves it here. He loves being here. His family loves it here. And he wants to win here,” Wade told the Daily News at shootaround Thursday. “He’s going to be here as long as they want him here — win, lose or draw.”

Carmelo Anthony’s close friend writes that Melo would consider Lakers, Cavaliers, Clippers
Carmelo Anthony is currently unwilling to waive his no-trade clause. But if he did, or when he becomes a free agent, where would he go?

A close friend to Anthony, Charley Rosen, provides some insight on where those other destinations might be if Melo does ever decide to leave the Knicks.

Via The New York Post:

Nevertheless, Charley Rosen, one of Jackson’s longtime friends, wrote in a Thursday column on Fanrag.com, in an unsourced piece: “It’s understood that [Anthony would] only accept being dealt to the Cavaliers or the Clippers” and possibly could be sold on the Lakers.

Rosen, though, wrote that a trade scenario is “highly doubtful” with those clubs because, with Anthony nearing his 33rd birthday, “does anybody want to dispense with a rotation player, or a young sub and/or a first-round draft pick?”

Trading Anthony is about as tough as anything considering his max contract. The Clippers could maybe do a swap but it would have to involve one of their Big 3 already. The Lakers could eventually make cap space unless the Knicks were willing to take on a slew of unattractive contracts to get rid of Melo. The Cavs could also possibly make it work by involving Kevin Love and other pieces.

Carmelo has a player option for the 2018-19 season meaning he can’t become a free agent until the summer of 2018. The Banana Boat Team rumors that involve LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul joining forces with Anthony may pick up more steam by that time. Otherwise, it seems we’re a long way off from Anthony finding a team besides the Knicks.

This insight from Rosen simply allows us to understand how picky Melo will be and how much power he has.
http://clutchpoints.com/carmelo-ant...ites-melo-consider-lakers-cavaliers-clippers/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom