Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Haven't visited the NBA Thread all season. Whats it like in there? :nerd:

a cluster f*** of s***

you make one statement, be prepared to back it up, they'll argue just for the sake.

I once said Derozen was top 15 NBA player....... got my butt handed to me.... but yet look at him now
I love to post in there every blue moon so when somebody tries to come at me they aint getting a reply until 20-30 pgs later :lol:

Lot of waste time in there so Indint venture in as much.

CP3 don't win **** either tho

Dont think a team with the PG being their best player has won it all since Isiah.

LOL at not amounted to anything. Dude actually plays defense, leads, and makes his teammates better. If Melo had the same qualities as CP he'd be a much much better player.

Last edited:
first, comparing players is dumb if they don't play the same position. second, neither CP or Melo have achieved a championship or MVP. they're in the same boat.

The only logical solution is for CP3 to come to New York so they can both win a title 
nerd.gif

Melo going the Clippers makes a lot more sense than CP coming to us imo. That team is tailor made for Melo to slide into the 4 spot.

yeah, ewing got further in the playoffs than Melo or CP, but all 3 are ringless. just like how barkely and AI were great players, but didn't achieve the ultimate goal. winning a championship is hard and damn near everything has to go right. no injuries, no locker room drama, no court cases, etc. that's why champs are much more highly regarded than someone who led the league in scoring a couple times, but has only made it out of the first round once.

Last edited:
I like melo but no it's not even close his career compared to Ewing. He single handedly carried that team with a bunch of nobody's and were good because of their defense. He went to the finals twice something melo has never done

I've always been against the narrative that rings/finals appearances should define someones greatness

Such a dumb point to make IMO

Rings serve as a testament to the team more than an individual player 

crazy how the fans are here with Melo. dude gets the A Rod treatment for sure. last night everytime he touched the ball people around me were sighing , heckling him, cursing at dude :smh:

the ball would be moving around and as soon as he touched it they'd start their ****. even when he made a good pass it was "bout f*ckin time u let the ball go" . these fans, the press want Derek Jeter on every sports team in this city, not gonna happen people. city ruined A Rod, can't even imagine what that must be like to play everywhere u go and people can't stand u , especially home ...

Melo's gettin that now and to me it's dumb. we make it impossible for these guys to perform. who knows why Rose bounced the other night. sucks cause Melo's a good dude, best we've had in a long time and we just sh*t on the dude for reasons beyond me :smh:

I've always been against the narrative that rings/finals appearances should define someones greatness

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but being a "leader" on a team--rings matter.

Now, if you're a role player then rings don't matter so much. Which is why you can't compare guys like Robert Horry to AI.

Last edited:
crazy how the fans are here with Melo. dude gets the A Rod treatment for sure. last night everytime he touched the ball people around me were sighing , heckling him, cursing at dude :smh:

the ball would be moving around and as soon as he touched it they'd start their ****. even when he made a good pass it was "bout f*ckin time u let the ball go" . these fans, the press want Derek Jeter on every sports team in this city, not gonna happen people. city ruined A Rod, can't even imagine what that must be like to play everywhere u go and people can't stand u , especially home ...

Melo's gettin that now and to me it's dumb. we make it impossible for these guys to perform. who knows why Rose bounced the other night. sucks cause Melo's a good dude, best we've had in a long time and we just sh*t on the dude for reasons beyond me :smh:

Which is why no one wants to play here....

I agree but that's the way it is apparently.

This is what I was alluding to. When I went to the charlotte game earlier this season it was the same thing. The grumbling had me legit confused at first and got pretty annoying pretty quickly. It's very audible and took place all the way to the end of regulation. When he hit the game winner in OT the whole tune changed. :smh:

you can still be a great player and not win a ring, but you can't tell me that MJ would still be the GOAT if he didn't win even once. same can be said for Kobe, Bron, etc. same can be said about QBs. yeah, it's MUCH more of a team effort in football, but Brady and Peyton wouldn't be as highly regarded had they not won a SB. i'm not saying it defines a player, but it definitely adds more to their legacy.

you can still be a great player and not win a ring, but you can't tell me that MJ would still be the GOAT if he didn't win even once. same can be said for Kobe, Bron, etc. same can be said about QBs. yeah, it's MUCH more of a team effort in football, but Brady and Peyton wouldn't be as highly regarded had they not won a SB. i'm not saying it defines a player, but it definitely adds more to their legacy.
I'm not saying that that isn't the narrative because I Know that it is because everyone just follows it and that's kinda what's been deemed acceptable. I'm just saying I think it's a dumb narrative to follow and I've never agreed with it. I've always said I think LeBron is better than MJ in terms of a basketball player.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom