Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

The problem I'm having is some people think Melo is all the way washed and can't contribute unless he's playing with LeBron or something. :lol: :smh:

I think the people who want melo gone are the people thay feel like melo doesnt care if we win or lose. I personally would love for melo to finish out his career here, but there are games and plays were you can see he just doesnt care out there. I also feel like him and godzingas and rose cant work/play successfully together.

when you're religiously down 15 points off the jump, its disheartening. it also doesn't help that he doesn't hear the whistle enough. not saying that he gets a pass, but that **** weighs on a player. Cousins is in a similar position. his team has been garbage since he came into the league. i don't blame him for having "attitude problems". dude wants to stay and play for a team that has done NOTHING to help him succeed.

If we start Melo and KP at 4 and 5 and can't beat the Hawks then I'm gonna lose it

Last edited:
bout to check the cam sites after reading that
pimp.gif
roll.gif

They should've started KP at the 5 a long time ago. Also. Not sure why they don't play Lee and Holiday together at the 2 and 3 at times. As far as I know, they only used the 5 man lineup of Rose, Lee, Holiday, Melo and KP once.. Don't understand why this lineup is not used more

Last edited:
Hornacek never uses that lineup.

Instead, he loves Rose Jennings Lee Melo and KP for when they go small.

I like this lineup in stints, but not as a general rule. Rose and Jennings both need the ball. That backcourt is undersized.

Holiday and Lee however, they don't command the ball as much. Them together makes the small lineup bigger and improves the shooting a touch.

They should play Lee and Holiday together and rotate Rose and Jennings at the one. Rotate KP and Noah at the 5. Melo can stay at that 4 spot.

Last edited:
Hopefully this is a full time gig

Maybe someone had that talk with Noah about coming off the bench, unless he's just out today

I notice in real life it's really only the people who never played ball and don't even watch the games that want Melo gone. They really don't care about the knicks But basketball is the second most popular sport so people feel obligated to have an opinion so they go with what ESPN says. I don't force opinions about hockey or soccer so why do people need to do the same with basketball and football?

This man knows

I notice in real life it's really only the people who never played ball and don't even watch the games that want Melo gone. They really don't care about the knicks But basketball is the second most popular sport so people feel obligated to have an opinion so they go with what ESPN says. I don't force opinions about hockey or soccer so why do people need to do the same with basketball and football?

This man knows
:lol:

Wut man? That's a gross generalization. Y'all really gotta start learning to accept that people have just as valid opinions that aren't your own.

I'm not sure if I want him gone, but I think it's totally valid to want to move Melo for assets and look to really rebuild. Doesn't mean people don't know about basketball, or that they're just parroting ESPN. Could just be that some people are tired of the patchwork we've done with this franchise (including he Melo trade) since like '01. We've been holding onto players, and adding, and hoping things would work out but clearly they haven't. We see that with the roster we haphazardly threw together last summer and how they're performing now.

Don't try to discredit people's opinions because they're not the same as yours.

Sidenote: I've been a Melo fan since he got drafted.

Back
Top Bottom