Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Baker and Kuz lol
nerd.gif

Hopefully the L's keep piling.

This season was thrown in the trash because of the reluctancy to play Melo at the 4 and KP at the 5

I mean, where to from here?

It's all come crashing down since Christmas.

At this point it's just a save and rescue mission amidst the flames and wrecked steel,

Who will survive this ?

The whole organization looks distraught. From head coach to assistants, players, to ballboys, not to mention fans.

This season has escaped everyone.

Well everyone but the national hating media. And can you call it hate if they predict it right everytime?

We are a trash franchise, head to toe.

Scary times.

Every loss has taken on a life of it's own. And while theoretically, all it would take for us to get back in the heat of things is to get back to .500, even that notion seems highly unlikely.

I don't think many teams come back from demoralizing loss after loss. Especially not this soft-hearted group. The camels back is broken.

We don't have the warrior mentality necessary to build ourselves back from the bottom.

In the music business, you can be an artist and be friends with another artists too. Then yall wanna hop in the studio and see if theres magic. Sometimes theres that chemistry right away and boom yall got hits on your hands. On other occasions, lt's just say it's better to just remain friends.

What I'm saying is, It's hard to collaborate. It's hard to combine together and synergize, where the creation of the whole is greater than the simple sum of it's parts. It's pretty obvious that while everyone on the roster has the team's goals in mind, there are parts of this equation who just have not grasped the concept. Buying in is an organization wide mentality, and this organization is splintered top to bottom.

I expected too much, and got too little. That's what kills me. The steak on the menu looked decent, the sides looked alright, price wasnt bad. Food came and it was dry as a rock and smelled like a sock. The only thing that might have me coming back is the young waitress with the phatty (KP). It wasnt her fault the food sucked, she did try to accomodate, maybe could have done more - maybe a little less, but showed genuine interest in me having a decent sit down meal. But how long at this job before her enthusiasm is shaken, and bad habits start to form? How long till she gets smashed by the dirty lazy cook and gets fat?

Knicks stink. Another year of my life where I spent 8 hours a week watching people in blue and orange uniforms run around cluelessly on the world's biggest stage in New york.

We're always the butt of the jokes. Always the losers. It's nyk all day, and I'll stay with the ship till it hits rock bottom, but I'm just gonna go to my cabin and take a nap as the high water rises once again.

Damn I feel sorry for the new Knicks fans that never tasted winning smh. Im pretty sure 'Melo has stated that he is here to stay so how did Ramona Shelbourne conclude that he's disgruntled as a Knick? His ire always seems to be pointed at the team losing as a whole and not with being a part of the team. He strikes me as the type of dude to request a trade if he was disgruntled, but anyway I guess that's the new NBA. If a player wants to build with a program he's disgruntled but if he switches to a contender in his prime it's respected.. Maybe we can bring Lenny Cooke out of retirement.

That Boston loss on christmas day hurt more than any other defeat this season. After that I knew our season was done

Big dog Ramona Shelbourne is also as repulsive as they come btw

Last edited:
That Boston loss on christmas day hurt more than any other defeat this season. After that I knew our season was done

For sure dog, I woke up that day with a heart full of love and stomach full of @#$% ready to be deposited in the toilet.

Started watchng the ISO ball and i threw my hands up, buried my head and knew it was a wrap. I knew that everything we worked for that season came crashing down. It's been a walk through the desert with 4 old, hard, skittles in your pocket ever since.

It was by far the biggest possible statement game of the young season and we fell on our faces.

And we've been the same team ever since.

I see dudes that ain't been in here or watching games blaming Melo for everything again. Between the fans, the media, and management he should just go somewhere else, be a 2/3 option and flourish. I'm just going to accept we suck and will never get over the hump no matter the pieces.

Melo to the Cavs
Love to the Celtics
Nets pick to the Knicks

Everyone wins :smokin

that's actually a pretty good trade TBH. it really does help all the teams involved. Melo can play with Bron and is still better than Love. if you think otherwise, watch games instead of highlights. Boston needs a PF, and we get a top 5 pick. we'll probably get 2 top 10 picks if we keep losing after the trade. i like it, but then again it's most likely not gonna happen.

I expected too much, and got too little. That's what kills me. The steak on the menu looked decent, the sides looked alright, price wasnt bad. Food came and it was dry as a rock and smelled like a sock. The only thing that might have me coming back is the young waitress with the phatty (KP). It wasnt her fault the food sucked, she did try to accomodate, maybe could have done more - maybe a little less, but showed genuine interest in me having a decent sit down meal. But how long at this job before her enthusiasm is shaken, and bad habits start to form? How long till she gets smashed by the dirty lazy cook and gets fat?

this is gold

Draft picks would mean another 2-3 years of bad basketball so that's not really going to keep KP from becoming a disgruntled waitress. It would be nice to have someone else to blame tho...

That or the Phoenix loss. That one was the start of the downward spiral.

Draft picks would mean another 2-3 years of bad basketball so that's not really going to keep KP from becoming a disgruntled waitress. It would be nice to have someone else to blame tho...

KP doesn't have a right to complain. He's not at that level yet. The draft picks and KP will pretty much grow together. If he was on AD's level with 4+ years in the league and that good then yea. He's only in his 2nd year.

It took most great players on average 8 years to make playoffs/contend

Last edited:

KP doesn't have a right to complain. He's not at that level yet. The draft picks and KP will pretty much grow together. If he was on AD's level with 4+ years in the league and that good then yea. He's only in his 2nd year.

I was going by dudes waitress/restaurant analogy that KP is gonna wind up getting banged by the sous chef if he doesn't start winning soon. 2 top 10 draft picks won't heal the losing right away. Then you wonder if NY would allow them to grow because after 2 seasons of losing basketball SOMEONE will have to go, it's the NY way.

Its tough. NY scared away everyone. Even the greats dont wanna play here. That's why we just gotta do it the long way, hope we get lucky again, and watch these young guys grow.

flame suit on...KP hasn't taken the next step yet. in fact, his improvement from last season is marginal. yes, he's averaging more points, but all of his other stats remain the same. he's also averaging one more foul per game, at 3.7. i'm not saying he's garbage or washed or anything like that. all i'm saying is that he definitely has room to grow and he's only 21. he could definitely grow with a couple young studs in this year's draft, as well as some veteran presence to help him along the way.

i know i've said that KP needs Melo, but if Melo is on the way out, might as well talk about it.

I was going by dudes waitress/restaurant analogy that KP is gonna wind up getting banged by the sous chef if he doesn't start winning soon. 2 top 10 draft picks won't heal the losing right away. Then you wonder if NY would allow them to grow because after 2 seasons of losing basketball SOMEONE will have to go, it's the NY way.

unless we get a "big 3" to collude an join our team in the same offseason, this is the trend that will forever plague this team. we need a fresh start and fresh mentality from top to bottom. yeah, we're gonna endure more losing seasons, but we need to right the ship. look at the Lakers. yeah, they're not contending right now, but they'll be damn good in a couple of years (maybe even next year) bc they have some good young assets.

People need to stop talking about KP like he's already a bonefied superstar and a veteran in the league. He's not and won't be for another couple of years at least

Expectations are way too high for this kid in his 2nd year

But hey, that's New York right?

Back
Top Bottom