Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Way too high expectations. That's why he needs to be paired with another young stud to balance out the blame. NY media will kill us regardless though.

I was going by dudes waitress/restaurant analogy that KP is gonna wind up getting banged by the sous chef if he doesn't start winning soon. 2 top 10 draft picks won't heal the losing right away. Then you wonder if NY would allow them to grow because after 2 seasons of losing basketball SOMEONE will have to go, it's the NY way.

unless we get a "big 3" to collude an join our team in the same offseason, this is the trend that will forever plague this team. we need a fresh start and fresh mentality from top to bottom. yeah, we're gonna endure more losing seasons, but we need to right the ship. look at the Lakers. yeah, they're not contending right now, but they'll be damn good in a couple of years (maybe even next year) bc they have some good young assets.
But LA fans believe in the process. They've had recent success so they aren't shell shocked from losing. No one complained about iso 'Melo until the losses started mounting and playoffs were missed when that's been his game for the longest..

But LA fans believe in the process. They've had recent success so they aren't shell shocked from losing. No one complained about iso 'Melo until the losses started mounting and playoffs were missed when that's been his game for the longest..

the sad part is that LA and Philly might be better off, in the next season or two, than us :smh:

the sad part is that LA and Philly might be better off, in the next season or two, than us :smh:
Philly looks like they will begin to be decent soon. Haven't watched much of LA to offer a valid opinion.

The funny thing is this isn't even the worst team we've seen the Knicks field.

It's def worse than that 2014-15 team :frown: My honest expectation of this season was an 7th/8th seed 1st round exit nothing more nothing less.

In other news Lance Thomas has a fractured orbital bone. Probably wont play for weeks. Good time to experiment with different rotations.

As losing continues, Jeff Hornacek considers starting Kristaps Porzingis at center
Ian Begley
ESPN Staff Writer

The New York Knicks' season is trending in the wrong direction, threatening to spiral into irrelevancy if things don’t change. It seems that coach Jeff Hornacek is well aware of this.

He changed his starting lineup for the first time Monday -- and more changes might be coming soon.

On several occasions Monday, Hornacek said the coaching staff is thinking about starting Kristaps Porzingis at center. Porzingis has missed the past three games for the Knicks (18-24) because of a sore left Achilles -- the same injury that caused Porzingis to sit out three games last month -- and hopes to return soon.

Here’s what Hornacek had to say about moving Porzingis to center after Monday’s loss to Atlanta:

"We’ve got to look at everything. ... In the long run, we’ve got to look at hey, when KP comes back, what, will it change everything all together and what it will do? Sometimes it’s a chance you have to take, but we continue to look over that. We just need to mix it up maybe a little more."

Moving Porzingis to center would send starting center Joakim Noah to the second unit and move Carmelo Anthony to power forward. Anthony has historically played well at power forward, though the alignment of Anthony and Porzingis on the front line might handicap the Knicks' defense.

i

If the Knicks start Kristaps Porzingis, right, at center, that would shift Carmelo Anthony to power forward and send center Joakim Noah (not pictured) to the bench -- a frontcourt that might help the offense, but hurt the Knicks defensively. Adam Hunger/USA Today Sports

Hornacek said on Monday that one of the biggest hurdles would be how playing Anthony at power forward would change the Knicks' alignment on offense. But it’s certainly something the coach is strongly considering.

Moving Porzingis to center would be the second significant lineup change for New York.

On Monday, Hornacek inserted Ron Baker into the starting lineup in place of shooting guard Courtney Lee.

It was a bit surprising, because Lee didn’t seem to be at the root of the Knicks' struggles on defense, which has been their biggest issue during this current 2-11 skid.

Hornacek said he wanted to get Lee more offensive opportunities with the second unit -- and that he trusted Baker to move the ball, make the right decisions on offense and defend well.

Lee took the move to the bench in stride when speaking with reporters after the game. He posted pictures from the movie "Dumb and Dumber To" on Instagram later Monday, but he explained that the photos were not a passive aggressive shot at anyone in the organization.

Privately, players have been grumbling about lineups and rotations during the recent losing skid, according to sources. Brandon Jennings hinted at this after Monday's loss when he spoke with frustration about the inconsistent nature of the Knicks' recent lineups.

"Every day is something new. So just got to be ready, I guess. You never know when you're going to play," he said.

Jennings was asked if the inconsistent rotations make things difficult for players.

"Yeah, when you come in here you don't really know what's going to happen, so it's kind of no consistency and it's really tough right now," he said. "Right now, you come in here you don’t know what’s going to happen. I’m struggling. It’s difficult for me, because I don’t really know what’s going on. Just take it one day at a time."

Jennings’ frustration stems from the Knicks' failure to meet internal expectations.

"We could be doing something special here. Losing games like this really hurts," he said. "But like I said, you really never know what's going to happen each game."

i actually thought PJ was a smart basketball mind. this old *** ***** smoking some k2 talking wild reckless. thought we was out of the dark times but the same **** every year.

"handicap the Knicks defense" :rofl: I guess we just got a disability at his point. Do it and let's see where it goes.

I was gonna say, having Booker would be great to compete along side of Kp.

But Melo wants to play with his veteran folks and those veteran teams only have veteran players mostly.

3 team trades perhaps.

Y'all keep talking about Melo being traded as if it's gonna happen (unrealistic trades at that)

It's not

Besides, with Phil's history of mediocre trades you really think we wouldn't get finessed on giving Melo away either? Y'all are crazy

Y'all keep talking about Melo being traded as if it's gonna happen (unrealistic trades at that)

It's not

Besides, with Phil's history of mediocre trades you really think we wouldn't get finessed on giving Melo away either? Y'all are crazy
And you don't think there's one ounce of the possible chances that he can be fed up with the organization and all things that he is being accused of, that he would just say, "please trade me to the teams I want." You don't think there's atleast a slight .0001% he can lift his NTC ?

such a dumb question to ask.... melo hasnt indicated anything about leaving and that was all the media... Dolan should ask Phil if hes serious about the Knicks job

And you don't think there's one ounce of the possible chances that he can be fed up with the organization and all things that he is being accused of, that he would just say, "please trade me to the teams I want." You don't think there's atleast a slight .0001% he can lift his NTC ?
No I don't. I believe he's frustrated because he's feeling upper management (Phil & posse) is clearly trying to push him out when he's said I don't know how many times he doesn't wanna leave and hasn't even given it any thought

Back
Top Bottom