Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

I answered but you didn't read it[/quote]
:lol: Melo is NOT waiving his NTC. He's already as focused as he's going to be.

If in the end it doesn't help the Knicks there is no point in doing it.

Last edited:
I don't understand how you hire a new head coach and expect him to change the culture....but then handcuff him with your old losing coaching staff and keep whispering your old tired basketball ideologies in his ear.

Miserable situation for Hornacek.

He was thrown into a losing situation, where he has to overcome the obstacles created by his own management, just like Fisher was.

I don't understand how you hire a new head coach and expect him to change the culture....but then handcuff him with your old losing coaching staff and keep whispering your old tired basketball ideologies in his ear.

He was thrown into a losing situation, where he has to overcome the obstacles created by his own management, just like Fisher was.

All I've been saying all year. You see what Hornacek was able to do in PHX with less talent when he had the keys to the whip. Dude comes here and has all these restrictions on how he wants to do things and our record shows it.

I answered but you didn't read it
:lol: Melo is NOT waiving his NTC. He's already as focused as he's going to be.

If in the end it doesn't help the Knicks there is no point in doing it.[/quote]

I didn't say he would waive his NTC automatically, I said he would know where he stood with the organization. I don't deal with snakes and don't like to be around them so I could be projecting on 'Melo. I like to know where I stand with people I'm involved with personally and professionally, you don't have to like me but you are gonna respect type of attitude..

phil hasnt done anything positive since being here except draft KP everything else has been a fail...
which is misleading, because if PJ had done a better job we might not have been a lottery team :lol:

But even when you're a lottery team, you aren't guaranteed to draft a good player. So he at least gets that credit. He's been a bozo for the most part though. Had faith in him, but it's running thin.

In the scope of what he was dealing with it looks like his best move so far, he coulda done worse for sure.

For the first time ever Dolan is not at blame, he hires the guy everyone wanted and gave him full control over basketball operations. Haven't seen or heard from him since the introductory press conference.

truest and most unbiased **** i've read in the last few pages

For the first time ever Dolan is not at blame, he hires the guy everyone wanted and gave him full control over basketball operations. Haven't seen or heard from him since the introductory press conference.

he's working on his hot fire mixtape

Possible outcomes for tonights game :

1)We compete all game and lose by 1 on an IT buzzer beater.
2)We hang in there for about 6 mintues of the first Q, then proceed to get blown out by 30+
3)Melo gets technical for buying into Jae crowder's BS
4)We lose, Celtics hitting 11-25 from 3.
5)We win

How much time left do we have with Phil Jackson and Kurt Rambis?

Phil's contract expires in 2019. Phil stated that he wants a long term with the Knicks so he wants to re-sign whenever his contract expires. He will not pick up his opt-out clause this year

Rambis's contract expires in 2018 (He got two-year contract extension last June)

Last edited:
Honestly, if it comes down to Phil or Melo. I'm going with Melo.

Phil can kick rocks. Thanks for KP, but don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Smh Rambis how does someone do the worst job imaginable and get 2 more years.

Phil's posse :smh:

Noah was hustling Phil when he went to his weed cabin befriending him. Son knew of his nepotism and was trying to get in on that Dolan money.

Last edited:
Man I still can't believe the whole "Oh yeah I know Noah is healthy. I had him hang from arm at my house."

LIKE WHAT?! 
sick.gif

I think Phil always wanted his system in place no matter what. Ideally, he'd have one coach. So if it's Fisher he would've grown as a rookie coach at a quicker pace and become success story.

In Phil's eyes he probably compromised a lot hiring Horny at all. Clearly there is a shortage of experienced coaches running the triangle. Nevermind that Phil is the only one to find success with it in the NBA.

Looking at his body language, I'm not sure Horny didn't know what he was in for. He knows his problems and what the team lacks doesn't start with the triangle.

I question any impact by Rambis at all, especially during games in regards to defense. At best he's making assignment changes. That's why I'm not sold on firing Rambis making a difference. Like he's not gonna be home and then all of a sudden the Knicks are a top 10 defense. This Mott like when Wolfson became coach and we got that change of pace, New voice in charge energetic boost. It is the head coach's job to get his players motivated and play with the most effort. You add in rotation problems and growing injuries and that's Horny's main issues he has to address.

Thing is in also not sold firing Horny when he hasn't even been here a full season is gonna make us better. Plus there's the inevitable who is next problem.

I didn't say he would waive his NTC automatically, I said he would know where he stood with the organization. I don't deal with snakes and don't like to be around them so I could be projecting on 'Melo. I like to know where I stand with people I'm involved with personally and professionally, you don't have to like me but you are gonna respect type of attitude..
Yeah man, all of that is irrelevant.

Whether Melo knows where he stands with them or not he's not going anywhere. He has all the power until his contract is up. That other stuff is just petty **** he can easily ignore. This ain't gonna be a Starbury and Pringles situation. Melo aint getting DNP coach's decision for half the season.

As for this snake talk how is Phil a snake? He's publicly criticizing and questioning Melo's play. Once he came on it wasn't even like he was 100% on board with Melo being the man here. He simply acknowledged he's the best player and gave him the contract he deserved. All common sense. Being a snake is doing dirt behind somebody's back. Phil blatantly and brazenly does it in the open and then acts like nothing is wrong :lol:

Who would be a better replacement?

You guys think Dolan could have done a better job?
For Phil's position? Can't really think of anybody available. Hell I wouldn't bother thinking of other coach options either.

I feel like Phil is just gonna intimidate Dolan and just get another longer contract. Dolan either gonna stay quiet about it or drop that by the #s endorsement.

Last edited:
any GM would of been fine... at least you know that GM wouldnt force the triangle and would focus purely on creating the roster and wouldnt talk bad about the team to the media before telling the players directly

Back
Top Bottom