Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

The money would dry my tears 
laugh.gif

basically... his wife is from here and his son is probably settled with school and his friends... he already said during free agency he thought about going to chicago but he doesnt want to relocate his family and start over...but ya 10 million would get me on that plane quick no questions asked but that just shows he really wants to be here.... i dont think he cares about the 10 million and its just there just in case they tried to do him dirty and trade him...

there is no amnesty we used it on chauncy already... but the con would be we would still have to pay him but his contract would be stretched out just like that bonilla contract but not as extreme in baseball.... the pro is his contract would be off the books where we could use that money on someone else

Last edited:
Rubio is a better defender than any guard on our team

Idk about all thaaaat

Melo will get a $10 million bonus if he waves the NTC? I guess he really does wanna play for this sorry organization lol.

And people say he's only here for the money...dude could make TEN MILLION DOLLARS going to another team. Family or not, that's a whole lot of bread for a selfish money hungry fat boy that only cares about his brand :smh:

.....**** the media and all the Melo haters

Oh y'all love Melo now. Remember #InPhilWeTrust? :lol:
I don't see why it can't be both. When Phil talks slick all Melo gotta do is play better or keep playing at a high level. He's totally in control of where he ends up. Its on Phil to put the best team he can on the court and the best coaching staff he can around them.

In all reality, what's most likely to happen is Phil is gonna have to wait until Melo's contract is up or he retires. But I know a lot of dudes still got their hopes set on a trade or some draft pick or signing CP3 or KP reaching the next level.

As for the other stuff, dudes are super susceptible to tweets and sources especially if we losing. There can be no direct quote but if a source close to Melo or a source close to Phil says something, anything, fandom ready to turn on them with ease.

The thing I find particularly crazy is dudes will have a Melo trade scenario or Phil suits or fire Horny but in the back of their head they know Dolan aint selling the team. All they putting their hopes in is for some better tomorrow that aint coming that way. You'd think after 16 years dudes would kill the mentality that anybody else would be better. Worst part is dudes who get traded or fired end up doing pretty well for themselves more times than not while the Knicks continue to suck or get worse.

Its funny how some of the same ppl that been talking trade Melo or were literally just playing with the idea of trade scenarios involving Melo are now giving Melo props for something we been knew.

Yall dudes have gone mad for real. Just complete random **** going on in here :lol:

You either think the season is over and should stop watching or keep hoping we get to the playoffs and do something.

Management need to reign in their 'sauce' or be upfront about what they want. They act like a dude trying to get their girl to break up with them. Man up Phil and say it with your chest!
What would be gained or beneficial if Phil publicly or directly told Melo he wants him off the team? :lol:

You think we would be better off? Really?

The guy trying to get his girl to break up with him would never tell her that. Makes no sense.
Phil is the guy, Melo is the chick. Phil should MAN UP and tell Melo where his head is. A BAN will act like a ***** and try to get his girl to break up with him rather tell her straight up 'it ain't working out'. Melo could be focused knowing management is behind him or really consider waiving the NTC if that's not the case. All these 'sources say' scenarios are whack as hell... I don't think the Knicks are better off if it happens though..
:lol: I totally got the metaphor and who was the chick and who was the guy.

You aint even try to address or answer any of my questions though.

What is gained for the team or for Phil if he openly and directly tells Melo he wants to trade him?

All it would do is add to media frenzy a lot of dudes thrive off of or are easily swayed by so yeah I agree with you about the sources say bull ****. It's like all this social media is there to better communicate and get news out to the masses but how they're getting the info is no better than when it was strictly all print in the paper. Most of these reporters living off their sources to get clicks on their articles.

1) trade Noah

2) Phil and his posse need to stay quiet PERIOD

3) solidify the rotations

4) fire Rambis

5) play with more effort on defense
Bruh, yall got ****** up priorities :lol:

#5 should be 1-3. If that happened alone we would have 10 more wins EASILY. Phil's wouldn't have to say anything. Lineups would solidify themselves. Even Noah wouldn't be that much of a negative.

Given how many losing seasons we been through I don't know why yall think things are such a circus or the team is in some tailspin. Its not. The team just sucks. Media reaching for things to talk about. Phil aint happy so he takes shots at the best player. Coach and players are struggling I stead of having a bit more confidence to do what they need to.

We've seen it before.

I'd welcome this trade in a heartbeat 

View media item 2302499
I like this trade though.

Last edited:
It seems the losing has to be put on the teams lack of motivation and that starts with the head coach.

Horny just isn't doing enough to light a fire under these guys. Melo is at no fault here, he has done what's been asked of him. The team can't catch a break. We've been losing a lot of close games and that's due to the defense or lack there of. Coupled with the inconsistent rotation due to health as well.

Melo at the 4 and KP at the 5 has to be explored and I question why this hasn't been considered sooner. I get that you want to ease KP into that role, but it's time to throw him in the fire and see what happens. If it blows up in our faces, we need to try a different approach. At this point, all avenues must be explored.

These losses by 3 points of less really hurts. Had we won 3/4th of those close games, the complexion of the season would be a lot different. It's def been a frustrating season to say the least. :smh:

Last edited:
Its funny how some of the same ppl that been talking trade Melo or were literally just playing with the idea of trade scenarios involving Melo are now giving Melo props for something we been knew.

Yall dudes have gone mad for real. Just complete random **** going on in here :lol:

You either think the season is over and should stop watching or keep hoping we get to the playoffs and do something.

Management need to reign in their 'sauce' or be upfront about what they want. They act like a dude trying to get their girl to break up with them. Man up Phil and say it with your chest!
What would be gained or beneficial if Phil publicly or directly told Melo he wants him off the team? :lol:

You think we would be better off? Really?

The guy trying to get his girl to break up with him would never tell her that. Makes no sense.
Phil is the guy, Melo is the chick. Phil should MAN UP and tell Melo where his head is. A BAN will act like a ***** and try to get his girl to break up with him rather tell her straight up 'it ain't working out'. Melo could be focused knowing management is behind him or really consider waiving the NTC if that's not the case. All these 'sources say' scenarios are whack as hell... I don't think the Knicks are better off if it happens though..
:lol: I totally got the metaphor and who was the chick and who was the guy.

You aint even try to address or answer any of my questions though.

What is gained for the team or for Phil if he openly and directly tells Melo he wants to trade him?

All it would do is add to media frenzy a lot of dudes thrive off of or are easily swayed by so yeah I agree with you about the sources say bull ****. It's like all this social media is there to better communicate and get news out to the masses but how they're getting the info is no better than when it was strictly all print in the paper. Most of these reporters living off their sources to get clicks on their articles.
I answered but you didn't read it

I know Rubio can't shoot but his defense and passing will make this team way better. Get thibbs on the phone and offer noaher and whoever

Last edited:
i wish dolan would fire phil... theres really no point in him being here... he hasnt done anything positive since being here except draft KP everything else has been a fail...

phil hasnt done anything positive since being here except draft KP everything else has been a fail...
which is misleading, because if PJ had done a better job we might not have been a lottery team :lol:

But even when you're a lottery team, you aren't guaranteed to draft a good player. So he at least gets that credit. He's been a bozo for the most part though. Had faith in him, but it's running thin.

Back
Top Bottom