Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

I was all in for Ewing being coach

All his years as an assistant has to have amounted for something and Steve Clifford is a great coach to be mentored by

[quote name="Master Zik" url="/t/653116/official-2016-2017-knicks-season-thread-httb-asks-to-be-traded/12300#post_27360941
I didn't say he would waive his NTC automatically, I said he would know where he stood with the organization. I don't deal with snakes and don't like to be around them so I could be projecting on 'Melo. I like to know where I stand with people I'm involved with personally and professionally, you don't have to like me but you are gonna respect type of attitude..
Yeah man, all of that is irrelevant.

Whether Melo knows where he stands with them or not he's not going anywhere. He has all the power until his contract is up. That other stuff is just petty **** he can easily ignore. This ain't gonna be a Starbury and Pringles situation. Melo aint getting DNP coach's decision for half the season.

As for this snake talk how is Phil a snake? He's publicly criticizing and questioning Melo's play. Once he came on it wasn't even like he was 100% on board with Melo being the man here. He simply acknowledged he's the best player and gave him the contract he deserved. All common sense. Being a snake is doing dirt behind somebody's back. Phil blatantly and brazenly does it in the open and then acts like nothing is wrong :lol:

[/quote]
Melo's not going anywhere until he decides he wants to go somewhere. I'm not talking about public criticism I'm talking about the sources close to Phil who were reporting that Phil wants him gone. That's snakeish in my book if that what was going on. It was behind his back because he could have called Melo and had a sit down instead of running his mouf to other people to get the word out. Not for nothing criticizing Melo's game to the media and you haven't approached the player, that plays for you, and talking behind someone's back are both snakeish to me. Say it with your chest Phil! :lol:

So who's actually gonna be watching he game tonight? 
nerd.gif

i will continue to watch even if we are not contending for the playoffs but i will switch channels once its a blow out :lol:

I always watch Knicks game anywhere

Tonight, I will watch Knicks game on my MacBook while I play NBA 2k mypark with friends

You know that's another one of my gripes. I've never liked how the organization has treated some of our former players. After Fisher got canned not a single mention or report of us even reaching out to Ewing or Mark Jackson? Not necessarily saying they were the right choice but at least feign interest. Meanwhile BD blows his knee out and they gave him a job asap. Wally Szczerbiak looking cozy behind the desk too. :lol:

/rant

any GM would of been fine... at least you know that GM wouldnt force the triangle and would focus purely on creating the roster and wouldnt talk bad about the team to the media before telling the players directly
Well Phil is more than just the GM by title.

I don't believe you really think any GM would've been fine.

I can see yall in here crying if Billy King was our GM.

Bruh you gotta start quoting properly :lol:
Melo's not going anywhere until he decides he wants to go somewhere.
:lol:

I.e. when he retires.

Cuz what you talking about is a fantasy.

I'm not talking about public criticism I'm talking about the sources close to Phil who were reporting that Phil wants him gone.
You buying too much in to what the media reports. I don't indulge in that bull ****.

Imma stick to what is said from the mouths of these men. Not reporters who get paid to do this or unseen sources.

That's snakeish in my book if that what was going on. It was behind his back because he could have called Melo and had a sit down instead of running his mouf to other people to get the word out. Not for nothing criticizing Melo's game to the media and you haven't approached the player, that plays for you, and talking behind someone's back are both snakeish to me. Say it with your chest Phil! :lol:
That's manufactured drama b. Petty **** that should be ignored.

Wasting Melo's time when the media asks him these questions. His reply should constantly be I don't know what you talking about, Phil aint say that to me.

I mean peep that vid with Franky Ice. He's complaining about Phil talking through the media. Dude is the media :lol:

Y'all just falling for that NY basketball media drama.

You know that's another one of my gripes. I've never liked how the organization has treated some of our former players. After Fisher got canned not a single mention or report of us even reaching out to Ewing or Mark Jackson? Not necessarily saying they were the right choice but at least feign interest. Meanwhile BD blows his knee out and they gave him a job asap. Wally Szczerbiak looking cozy behind the desk too. :lol:

/rant
The day the Knicks hire Mark Jackson I'm on a sabatical right after I start the day 1 Fire Mark Jackson chant in the garden.

Last edited:
Bruh you gotta start quoting properly :lol:
Melo's not going anywhere until he decides he wants to go somewhere.
:lol:

I.e. when he retires.

Cuz what you talking about is a fantasy.

I'm not talking about public criticism I'm talking about the sources close to Phil who were reporting that Phil wants him gone.
You buying too much in to what the media reports. I don't indulge in that bull ****.

Imma stick to what is said from the mouths of these men. Not reporters who get paid to do this or unseen sources.

That's snakeish in my book if that what was going on. It was behind his back because he could have called Melo and had a sit down instead of running his mouf to other people to get the word out. Not for nothing criticizing Melo's game to the media and you haven't approached the player, that plays for you, and talking behind someone's back are both snakeish to me. Say it with your chest Phil! :lol:
That's manufactured drama b. Petty **** that should be ignored.

Wasting Melo's time when the media asks him these questions. His reply should constantly be I don't know what you talking about, Phil aint say that to me.

I mean peep that vid with Franky Ice. He's complaining about Phil talking through the media. Dude is the media :lol:

Y'all just falling for that my basketball media drama.

/rant
The day the Knicks hire Mark Jackson I'm on a sabatical right after I start the day 1 Fire Mark Jackson chant in the garden.
I'm gonna get that whole quote thing together at some point :tongue: This all harkens back to my original post :lol: If these people are manufacturing drama that are supposed to be 'sources close to Phil', he needs to check those sources. Melo has a NTC and he ain't leaving unless he wants to, that's reality, not fantasy.

Back
Top Bottom