Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

I could care less about SL stats, but you could tell DSJ knows how to play. The way he picks his spots, runs the PnR, and takes advantages of mismatches is already advanced for a rookie.

so the Knicks passed on Griffin because he wanted Houston out the front office... glad we didnt hire him then

There have been guys involved with the Knicks for over 20 years and are still in the office. The current group of Mills (the GM), Allan Houston (assistant GM), Jamie Mathews (Vice President of Basketball Operations) and Kristian Petesic (Director of Scouting) have kept jobs at MSG and James Dolan’s trust through multiple regime changes.

I remember when Herb Williams was always an assistant coach but we all knew he brought nothing to the table.

I just want to see Frank play. But I will be honest, I do not think he will be better than DSJR. I hope he shuts me up.

I wish Brian Cashman could be the Knicks GM.

I don't even want to watch Smith highlights, it'll just bum me out.

And smh that the Knicks wouldn't give Griffin control. Clean house

I think Dolan still has a bad taste in his mouth of how the Phil signing played out. Thats why he doesnt want to give full control so fast to someone again.

Last edited:
Son ****** up wanting to fire Agua. Can't get the owner's trust that way.

Not that I was a huge fan of Griffin anyway.

I can see a situation where eventually Allan gets the promotion and if it doesn't work out instead of being fired or quitting he just steps down and takes his old job back :lol:

who really cares for this griffin guy, only thing he did was have lebron on his team...why continue to dent =the payroll when we have no chance of winning.

keep mills as G.M.
tank
. simple

How ironic that people passed on DSJR bc of his past knee injury, and then Frank has a knee injury #knickstape

DSJr is gonna be a beast for sure. The thing I am concerned about his game is that he relies on his athleticism too much. For a long term, Ntilikina is definitely a better option. I hope he can be our Shaun Livingston style where they don't have to put up flashy show. Play simple, smart ball but strong effective

There have been guys involved with the Knicks for over 20 years and are still in the office. The current group of Mills (the GM), Allan Houston (assistant GM), Jamie Mathews (Vice President of Basketball Operations) and Kristian Petesic (Director of Scouting) have kept jobs at MSG and James Dolan’s trust through multiple regime changes.

I like Steve Mills. I think he will surprise fans in the future. I am willing to give him a chance this season

Since Mills wants full control, just promote Houston to general manager. It's kinda pointless to give the GM position to a guy like Griffin where they want full control

I do not know much about Mathews or position. I cannot say about him

I may not know much about Petesic either but I think he did a good job so far. Our scouting department has always been underrated. It's just we need to find a way to develop youngsters better than before. I believe Petesic is Isiah Thomas's guy. You see I trust Isiah when it comes to scouting only. Isiah definitely has talents in drafting. If you guys want a new person for that position, I say give the position to Clarence Gaines so he can hire his own people to do work for him while we can keep Gaines for more years

Last edited:
Shaun Livingston isn't a name you bring up as a comparison unless being a bench player is your ceiling. Ready to see Frank play though, right now all false hope is on Dotson :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom