Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Seems like some of you just want Melo gone so bad that you'll willingly get fleeced just to move him.

same thing I'm thinking..melo is still very valuable, he's just frustrated and demoralized being around so much negativity in this knicks soap opera..like guys remember melo is a winner..ever since college...he started losing after he came to the knicks...when melo has a good team around him he gets far..the nuggets squad didn't go further cuz they ran into the lakers, back when woodson was coaching the knicks had a good team and were #2 in the east, and I don't even wanna get into olympic melo. Point is a motivated melo with a good team around him is a BEAST.

He has a player option. He can go where ever the hell he wants after this year if Portland doesnt work out.

It hasnt worked here. Before Phil Jackson and after Phil Jackson. Plain and simple. On top of that he hinders the growth of our young players on the court. Even the crowd starts a count down every time he touches the ball.

Strike while the iron is hot, and in terms of his value right now, the iron is hot.
Yeah, this is bull ****.

Melo isnt hindering any young players on the court and there will be no shadow of a trade all season long. That's just sensationalized media gossip.

Young dudes love Melo and love playing with him. He only helps their growth.

This is not even a concern. This next season aint even a competitive season. I don't see why Melo should be so eager to help the Knicks out when the team aint about much next season or why the Knicks would be so eager to only trade him to a team he wants to play on regardless of that we get.

Dudes just want to take any **** trade to get rid of Melo and pretend that's what's best for the team.

Phil absolutely killed any leverage we had either way, Melo staying, balling and being happy (we're not winning with or without anytime soon, get over it and stop blaming Melo) or a valuable trade. Picking and packaging with dsjr for other young pieces with potential and picks would've been an attractive look if they were really bout rebuilding.

all those teams would still lose to the Warriors, only difference is that with the Cavs he'd actually make the finals.

If your goal is to put yourself in the best position to win a championship are you going to Portland, Houston or Cleveland?

Cleveland, Houston, and then Portland. hell, Portland wouldn't even be an option, bc they're not beating SA or GS anyway. Houston is a better fit for Melo than Portland, bc CP is an actual pg. Cleveland is the best choice, bc they're going to walk to the finals again.

realistically, i don't see him getting dealt, and he plays (or sits) out the season. if he does get dealt, we're not getting **** back. Houston and Cleveland have nothing to offer. Getting a third or even fourth team involved makes things hella complicated.

I'd def pick Cleveland, it's a straight shot to the finals. Yeah GSW is dominant but this is basketball, anything can happen. Still remember Baron Davis leading GSW to an 8th seed win over a 1 seed, and CLE coming back from 3-1 to beat GSW who were 72-10 and were still thought invincible then. Sheer will is tough to beat sometimes. Take the path of least resistance to get there.

Yeah F what people think, the finals is the finals, majority have never and will never get there.

but with melo's talent he SHOULD have been to a finals by now. Just about every other great player has at least played in ONE finals. what are u saying??? SMH.

I do wanna see Frank play though, our European scouting is mostly pretty good.
I'd agree during the last 2 years even tho Kuz hit a wall midway thru the season.

This is a fact. Ppl seem to have the prejudgement about him when he hasn't played a game in the league yet lol
Anytime a lottery draft pick gets the GM fired there's bound to be prejudgment. Especially when accompanied by a suspect 'banged a knee ' story... I'm ready to see what FrankNT got.

this means nothing... melo only wants to go to the rockets but mills dont want to trade him there because of a bad return... other teams have better assets to trade but the problem is melo has a NTC so its rockets or bust... i would be shocked if we traded him and if its for ryan anderson there really was no point in firing phil

Damn did y'all see Kyrie telling the Cavs he wants out?

The Cavs are a bigger mess than we are right now hahah

Back
Top Bottom