Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cavs needed Kevin Love.

You HAVE to put Lebron on the floor with a big who can stretch the floor and they used to Wiggins to get one of the best.

I doubt very seriously Lebron even considers going back to Cleveland if he doesn't know they have an asset that can pair him with another elite player ready to win now.
but love was a free agent the next year, you don't think he wanted to come to cleveland, if so then you had to trade to get him

but love was a free agent the next year, you don't think he wanted to come to cleveland, if so then you had to trade to get him

When your franchise player is 31...you don't have time to "wait for next year to do this, this and that". They had to strike immediately.

Keeping Wiggins would have been better for the Cavs as an organization long term, but not that valuable in the short-term for Lebron James.

When your franchise player is 31...you don't have time to "wait for next year to do this, this and that". They had to strike immediately.

Keeping Wiggins would have been better for the Cavs as an organization long term, but not that valuable in the short-term for Lebron James.
it would have been valuable to bron also, because his bench wouldn't be filled with also ran talent, and the result from that year was the same, they lost

it would have been valuable to bron, also because his bench would be filled with also ran talent, and the result from that year was the same, they lost

What would you have been expecting from a 19 year old Andrew Wiggins off the bench in year one on a team trying to win it all?

Rookies are negative players. All of them.

Basketball is not all about stats. You have to think the game too. Andrew Wiggins at 19 probably can't stay on the floor in a playoff series. You have to understand offensive + defensive schemes, read & react on the fly, make adjustments, etc. These are things he struggles with now after 3 seasons.

It's more likely that Lebron would have strangled Wiggins before the All Star Break than him being a plus contributor nf a contender.

What would you have been expecting from a 19 year old Andrew Wiggins off the bench in year one on a team trying to win it all?

Rookies are negative players. All of them.

Basketball is not all about stats. You have to think the game too. Andrew Wiggins at 19 probably can't stay on the floor in a playoff series. You have to understand offensive + defensive schemes, read & react on the fly, make adjustments, etc. These are things he struggles with now after 3 seasons.

It's more likely that Lebron would have strangled Wiggins before the All Star Break than him being a plus contributor nf a contender.
well I would have expected him to be the best player they brought off the bench, year one, and in a series that brought the best out of dellavendova you can't tell me wiggins couldn't contribute

they won a chip the next year, when love could have come as a free agent, and they still had wiggins
I highly doubt Bron is coming back to Cleveland if the Wiggins/Love trade isn't already in place. I don't think he was clamoring to play with an unproven, volume scoring rookie that sucks defensively.

well I would have expected him to be the best player they brought off the bench, year one, and in a series that brought the best out of dellavendova you can't tell me wiggins couldn't contribute

It took him 14 shots to average 17 points per...on a team where he played 36 minutes and had a green light.

And somehow he's going to be some dynamic scorer in LESS time...in the finals at that?

Aight man.

What you fail to understand here is that they probably don't even make it to the finals with Wiggins in place of Love. Who's spacing the floor for Lebron James? Damn sure wouldn't be Wiggins. Or perhaps a 32 year old Channing Frye could have been counted on for 30+ minutes and replicated Kevin Love's role just fine.

It doesn't even matter how good you THINK wiggins would have been with the Cavs

1) They got two finals appearances and a chip out of it so far.

and

2) LBJ isn't coming to just play with Kyrie. I'm willing to bet that one of the conditions of LBJ returning was this move. There was no way he was coming to a Cavs team where the best players were Kyrie and Dion Waiters. There was never an option to keep wiggins.

Agree with PCH that Lebby never comes if Love isn't in place

For ish and giggles, if Lebby did still come with Wiggins, Wiggins efficiency definitely increases. Minny and that offense is just terrible at times.. if Wiggins had Lebby setting up the offense his game would look a lot different

Love played pretty poorly against GSW when they got a ring, they really didn't need him and I still say he's expendable

less swag doh.

Sauce was up there with Ivo. Whoever Bubba aint get to want cornrows and baggy shorts, Sauce picked up the slack.

Yea I was gonna add "minus cultural impact" but said **** it

When I was a kid watching And1 in its prime and wearing Ballistix and whatnot, you couldn't tell me jack about Sauce. The man had the handles on deck before I realized he couldn't make a layup and couldn't make real bball moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom