Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
***** really think a team with 2 rookies playing 30mpg and being your primary ball handlers....going to win 42 games.

:rofl:
It would be nice if they had a veteran ball handler, but Simmons and Fultz are arguably the 2 best ball handler prospects since Kyrie. It's not like they are just some random dudes. Embiid is the best Center in the East, Saric is a very solid do-it-all role player, and JJ is one of the best shooters in the history of basketball. They'll have growing pains, but the talent is there to be around .500.

***** really think a team with 2 rookies playing 30mpg and being your primary ball handlers....going to win 42 games.

:rofl:
35 games. A new team with 2 of their best 3 players being rookies. They don't know how to close out games, and those guys are the primary ball handlers like you mentioned. Not seeing it.

No need to worry about me running from it.

Can you multi quote on the new NT?

It would be nice if they had a veteran ball handler, but Simmons and Fultz are arguably the 2 best ball handler prospects since Kyrie. It's not like they are just some random dudes. Embiid is the best Center in the East, Saric is a very solid do-it-all role player, and JJ is one of the best shooters in the history of basketball. They'll have growing pains, but the talent is there to be around .500.

Don't get me wrong. The talent is DEF there. And if all the talent stays healthy and improves...this is a dangerous team in 2 years.

But Joel Embiid has played a total of 30 games in 3 years. All rookies are minus players. Rookies are bad. Especially when they have to play high usage and primary roles with a lot of minutes. It's just hard for me seeing Embiid playing the amount of games needed...and Ben and Markelle being good enough in year 1 that they win over .500.

35 wins.

So Ben Simmons, Markelle Fultz, JJ Redick, Jerryd Bayless + full season of Embiid with no 25 minute restriction = 7 game improvement from last season in a much weaker Eastern Conference than last year

So Ben Simmons, Markelle Fultz, JJ Redick, Jerryd Bayless + full season of Embiid with no 25 minute restriction = 7 game improvement from last season in a much weaker Eastern Conference than last year
Two rookies, a role player who's game is very system driven, in what universe Jerryd Bayless moving the needle for this team,and the best player on the team who could easily not play 50 games.

Two rookies, a role player who's game is very system driven, in what universe Jerryd Bayless moving the needle for this team,and the best player on the team who could easily not play 50 games.

If you're so confident are you willing to change that bet to they won't win more than 35 games then?

As the world waits for the Cleveland Cavaliers to trade Kyrie Irving – there’s almost zero chance he starts the season on the Cavs roster – a possible kernel of hope for everyone in Ohio: Kyrie has been hanging out in Miami some this offseason, and LeBron may have spent some time there … so maybe the two met up? Woj went on ESPN radio this morning to address the rumors: “There’s always a lot of stuff that floats around on the internet … I don’t know of any meeting. I know they both spent time in Miami. I know Kyrie has been at the University of Miami working out over the last weeks … and LeBron spends some time there in the offseason too … it’s not inconceivable that they could cross paths somewhere. But it even if they did, it’s not going to change anything. To me, it doesn’t mean anything. I’m not sure there’s anything for them to talk out. Kyrie’s made his trade request, and it’s for reasons bigger than Lebron, and he’s not going to rescind that.”

– via The Big Lead

As the world waits for the Cleveland Cavaliers to trade Kyrie Irving – there’s almost zero chance he starts the season on the Cavs roster – a possible kernel of hope for everyone in Ohio: Kyrie has been hanging out in Miami some this offseason, and LeBron may have spent some time there … so maybe the two met up? Woj went on ESPN radio this morning to address the rumors: “There’s always a lot of stuff that floats around on the internet … I don’t know of any meeting. I know they both spent time in Miami. I know Kyrie has been at the University of Miami working out over the last weeks … and LeBron spends some time there in the offseason too … it’s not inconceivable that they could cross paths somewhere. But it even if they did, it’s not going to change anything. To me, it doesn’t mean anything. I’m not sure there’s anything for them to talk out. Kyrie’s made his trade request, and it’s for reasons bigger than Lebron, and he’s not going to rescind that.”

– via The Big Lead

I'm kinda hoping he does start the season there. I want to see Dan Gilbert backed into a corner even further.

On another note, I gotta say...it's been hilarious to watch how fickle fans have turned on Kyrie :lol:

Same ones saying he was "better than Steph" 2 summers ago now hate him and say he's not good w/o Lebron :lol:

When Jerryd Bayless is a highlight on your roster then yeah 42 wins is a lot

When Jerryd Bayless is a highlight on your roster then yeah 42 wins is a lot

Jerryd Bayless will be somewhere around our 8th man...he's not exactly the franchise player, I was just stating that he missed all of last year and is another solid player going to be added to our team.

The talent is there to be .500 before yoy remember they have to play vs. Other NBA teams.

Again, let them crawl first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom