Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before Jerry west got to golden State, golden State was just... Golden state. So what's the difference?
Golden State was never the laughing stock that the Clippers were. Golden State had some dope teams (Run TMC, We Believe) and Golden State had already won 3 championships prior to Jerry West so let's not act like this franchise was buns.

He isn't gonna do it again. 
He literally did it twice already.
The man is loyal to the land now. He is cleveland's son. 

Cleveland y'all got a good one man. I got tears in my eyes typing this. New york has no one close to Lebron James to represent us and Cleveland yall got the goat. Cleveland the city of champions. 
pimp.gif

Golden State was never the laughing stock that the Clippers were. Golden State had some dope teams (Run TMC, We Believe) and Golden State had already won 3 championships prior to Jerry West so let's not act like this franchise was buns.
You're completely wrong.  The franchise was one of the worst in sports.  

Last edited:

Word.

I grew up on the Warriors and Clippers being one in the same.

Obviously the Warriors have eclipsed the Clippers since the Clippers ousted them in 2014, but if you would have told me in 2000 that in 17 years the Clippers would be one of the best teams in the NBA and that the Warriors would turn into one of greatest teams of all time I would have laughed.

I remember the Mookie Blaylocke, John Starks, Antwaun Jamison days.

K.

My point was that the team had some memorable teams and had success with 3 titles PRIOR to Jerry West. Clippers haven't had either until recently.

I mean, there some childhood memories with QRich/DMiles and all that bumpin the headband twice or whatever but that whole franchise as a whole has been trash since forever. These last few years of "success" doesn't change all that's happen before.

Last edited:
Serious question for you fam.

Those teams you cited never broke past the 2nd round either.

They had like 2 winning seasons from 1978 - 2014 (I'm exaggerating but it wasn't a lot and they never did **** in the playoffs)

Where they cursed too?

K.

My point was that the team had some memorable teams and had success with 3 titles PRIOR to Jerry West. Clippers haven't had either until recently.

I mean, there some childhood memories with QRich/DMiles and all that bumpin the headband twice or whatever but that whole franchise as a whole has been trash since forever. These last few years of "success" doesn't change all that's happen before.
Those titles were 1947, 1956, and 1975!

It's OK to be wrong, I'm wrong all the time, but you're wrong about this.  There was no daylight between the Warriors and the Clippers prior to this current era.  Both were irrelevant trash for an incredibly long time.  Remember Joe Lacob was booed on the floor when he bought the team in 2012.

Last edited:

Lol "Clipper curse" while they've won more anyone out west not named San Antonio since 2011. Yeah aight
laugh.gif
If the Clipper curse was a thing they wouldn't have landed CP in the first place and be a perennial playoff team like they are right now.
Clips by far....are the unluckiest franchise that I've ever cheered for. 
And this is coming from a man that roots for every franchise  

Foos out here citing titles that occurred during the civil rights movement to support his stance. Wow
laugh.gif

Serious question for you fam.

Those teams you cited never broke past the 2nd round either.

They had like 2 winning seasons from 1978 - 2014 (I'm exaggerating but it wasn't a lot and they never did **** in the playoffs)

Where they cursed too?
I would venture to say no. Wavy a few pages back broke this down already. There's a difference between being bad and being the Clippers.

Those titles were 1947, 1956, and 1975!

It's OK to be wrong, I'm wrong all the time, but you're wrong about this.  There was no daylight between the Warriors and the Clippers prior to this current era.  Both were irrelevant trash for an incredibly long time.  Remember Joe Lacob was booed on the floor when he bought the team in 2012.
So do they not count? Do we only count the titles that we were alive for? As far as success goes, even if was few and far between you're going to tell me from the very genesis of both franchises, the Warriors weren't more successful?

My whole point in all this was to point out that the team had success prior to The Logo being there. That's it.

Foos out here citing titles that occurred during the civil rights movement to support his stance. Wow
laugh.gif
Again, if you're looking at the success of a franchise, you're going to disregard any success you weren't alive to see? Got it. I'm not about to debate about the Clippers. I've learned my lesson.

So do they not count? Do we only count the titles that we were alive for? As far as success goes, even if was few and far between you're going to tell me from the very genesis of both franchises, the Warriors weren't more successful?

My whole point in all this was to point out that the team had success prior to The Logo being there. That's it.
I mean, sure.  I think that you're grasping at straws when you're pointing to success from that far back to prove that the Warriors were relevant before the current era.  It almost disproves your point in fact.  The distinction between the two franchise's success prior to now is so small as to be irrelevant, is my point.

Quote:

Again, if you're looking at the success of a franchise, you're going to disregard any success you weren't alive to see? Got it. I'm not about to debate about the Clippers. I've learned my lesson.
My man, two of the titles you cited happened before and during the Civil Rights Movement. We really citing that?

But really though, my point is that since 1978 The Clippers if i'm not mistaken were more successful than the Warriors up until 2014.

That's 39 years man.

More playoff appearances, more 50 win seasons, more division championships, etc.

and if the clippers were more successful than you then that's saying something.

The last time gsw won a title before this run is way before any of us were born (1975). So stop it.

The clippers current run = run tmc, which was exciting but never got past the 2nd round.

"We believe" warriors won one playoff series.

The other 2 titles were before the civil rights movement in Philadelphia

Last edited:
Ask Magic how big of a star he was during his playing time in LA and look at all the opportunities it's afforded him in his post playing career. It's a real thing. This city is the epicenter of entertainment and connections are a lot easier to make, maintain, and flourish with out here. Look at what Bean is doing with his investments, his own company now partly because of all the filmmakers and stuff that are within arms reach out here. Bron has talked often about his post career ambitions, this is setting all that up. Like Shoes said I think he knows that ghost he's chasing for all intensive purposes disappeared.

I just hope he goes to the Clippers cause if he joins the Lakers I'm taking my talents elsewhere until he retires.

Think about all that Bron has accomplished from a business standpoint being in Cleveland. In this day and age and with his current status he doesn't need to be in an entertainment/marketing/media epicenter.

Whatever moves he's making after basketball isn't going to be dictated by the city he resides, c'mon man :lol:

Lebron's not leaving Cleveland. He will retire there - I'll put $1K up for that.

Last edited:

more skill as far as what exactly? Kyrie dribbles, shoots and lays up. What other skills does he have tho? A.I. Averaged 27pts 4rebs and 6 assists for his career. He played defense and was a monster on playing the passing lanes. Was also ultra athletic and fairly durable. Played tthrough injuries that would put kyrie frail behind on the bench. Kyrie is a more accurate shooter. He is also trash alone. Ivo got those boys to the finals and stole one against one of the greatest teams ever, as the primary ball handler and scorer. Wonder how dope Ivo would've been with a Bron on his roster.. And how weak Kyrie would've been with E. Snow and Aaron Mckie as his running mates.

Tell KD to go have a seat. You won a chip. Be quiet for a while. Dudes win chips and start having reckless opinions on stuff the clearly know nothing about. kyrie won, next thing you know, the earth is flat. now kyrie better than bubba chuck.

Last edited:
more skill as far as what exactly? Kyrie dribbles, shoots and lays up. What other skills does he have tho? A.I. Averaged 27pts 4rebs and 6 assists for his career. He played defense and was a monster on playing the passing lanes. Was also ultra athletic and fairly durable. Played tthrough injuries that would put kyrie frail behind on the bench. Kyrie is a more accurate shooter. He is also trash alone. Ivo got those boys to the finals and stole one against one of the greatest teams ever, as the primary ball handler and scorer. Wonder how dope Ivo would've been with a Bron on his roster.. And how weak Kyrie would've been with E. Snow and Aaron Mckie as his running mates.

Tell KD to go have a seat. You won a chip. Be quiet for a while. Dudes win chips and start having reckless opinions on stuff the clearly know nothing about. kyrie won, next thing you know, the earth is flat. now kyrie better than bubba chuck.
If you actually listened to the podcast where they discussed this I don't think you'd be so heated about it.  This "meme" you posted is a perfect example of why athletes don't share their opinions honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom