Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol "Clipper curse" while they've won more anyone out west not named San Antonio since 2011. Yeah aight :lol: If the Clipper curse was a thing they wouldn't have landed CP in the first place and be a perennial playoff team like they are right now.

won..more..what? regular season games? :lol:. congratulations. Those 2nd round exits are fancy.

Think about all that Bron has accomplished from a business standpoint being in Cleveland. In this day and age and with his current status he doesn't need to be in an entertainment/marketing/media epicenter.

Whatever moves he's making after basketball isn't going to be dictated by the city he resides, c'mon man :lol:

Lebron's not leaving Cleveland. He will retire there - I'll put $1K up for that.

I'm sure there's a line for that in Vegas. You should bet on it.

Think about all that Bron has accomplished from a business standpoint being in Cleveland. In this day and age and with his current status he doesn't need to be in an entertainment/marketing/media epicenter.

Whatever moves he's making after basketball isn't going to be dictated by the city he resides, c'mon man
laugh.gif

Lebron's not leaving Cleveland. He will retire there - I'll put $1K up for that.
Deja vu all over again with these comments from Cavs fans 
laugh.gif

This ***** cheated twice and he's like he changed and he won't do it again.

Deja vu all over again with these comments from Cavs fans 
laugh.gif
Man I thought LBJ wasn't leaving the cavs, Then I thought he for sure wasn't leaving the heat, I FOR SURE thought KD wasn't leaving OKC TO GSW of all teams...

nope, not getting me this time. Nothing would surprise me about the NBA anymore lol

Man I thought LBJ wasn't leaving the cavs, Then I thought he for sure wasn't leaving the heat, I FOR SURE thought KD wasn't leaving OKC TO GSW of all teams...

nope, not getting me this time. Nothing would surprise me about the NBA anymore lol
Seriously 

There's no doubt in my mind these dudes been schemin to form this squad before they retire off. Even if they have no shot or look washed they just want to play with da homies then ride off to the sunset. It'll happen with one of the LA squads. Most likely the Clips. CP signs his max. Blake sign & trade for Lebby. Jordan for Melo. Wade for whatever is left. It's possible. Plus Balmer crazy enough to do it :nerd:

View media item 2466101

this mother ****** e-40 60 years old but look 28
And yet he still sounds like he's vomiting when he raps
There's no doubt in my mind these dudes been schemin to form this squad before they retire off. Even if they have no shot or look washed they just want to play with da homies then ride off to the sunset. It'll happen with one of the LA squads. Most likely the Clips. CP signs his max. Blake sign & trade for Lebby. Jordan for Melo. Wade for whatever is left. It's possible. Plus Balmer crazy enough to do it
nerd.gif
Wade and Melo being washed might be an issue

Last edited:
The NT Extremes never fail
laugh.gif

I say one thing about Lebron and that makes me a Cavs fan? You can't be that dense and simple minded.
Nah I'm just giving you a hard time, I have no idea who you're a fan of.  

You have to admit the "it could never happen" comments coming back around is pretty funny though considering what people were saying the 2x he left places before.

Chris Paul leaving the Clippers would absolutely surprise me.

He negotiated a brand new stipulation in the CBA to allow himself to get a super contract.

I think the Spurs rumors are ridiculous.

more skill as far as what exactly? Kyrie dribbles, shoots and lays up. What other skills does he have tho? A.I. Averaged 27pts 4rebs and 6 assists for his career. He played defense and was a monster on playing the passing lanes. Was also ultra athletic and fairly durable. Played tthrough injuries that would put kyrie frail behind on the bench. Kyrie is a more accurate shooter. He is also trash alone. Ivo got those boys to the finals and stole one against one of the greatest teams ever, as the primary ball handler and scorer. Wonder how dope Ivo would've been with a Bron on his roster.. And how weak Kyrie would've been with E. Snow and Aaron Mckie as his running mates.

Tell KD to go have a seat. You won a chip. Be quiet for a while. Dudes win chips and start having reckless opinions on stuff the clearly know nothing about. kyrie won, next thing you know, the earth is flat. now kyrie better than bubba chuck.
If you actually listened to the podcast where they discussed this I don't think you'd be so heated about it.  This "meme" you posted is a perfect example of why athletes don't share their opinions honestly.

i didnt hear or see the podcast. i didnt post the meme, i just quoted and commented on it. it was all i had to go on. I'll put my shirt back on.

Nah I'm just giving you a hard time, I have no idea who you're a fan of.  

You have to admit the "it could never happen" comments coming back around is pretty funny though considering what people were saying the 2x he left places before.

I get that but I think the dude learned from his mistakes when he left Cleveland the first time, not to mention, he's at a different maturity level than he was at 24/25 (he still says some asinine childish stuff tho :lol:).

I just can't see him uprooting himself AGAIN when he's firmly planted himself back in Cleveland's franchise. And isn't he supposedly the captain, coach, GM, Director of tickets, and head trainer? Where is he going to have that much power anywhere else in the league?

Chris Paul leaving the Clippers would absolutely surprise me.

He negotiated a brand new stipulation in the CBA to allow himself to get a super contract.

I think the Spurs rumors are ridiculous.
Marc Stein Retweeted an article yesterday which essentially killed the idea / rumor but of course, that didn't get nearly the amount of press that his tweet did

His leaving the Clippers for another team is another matter entirely. Speculation that the mutual admiration between Paul and the Spurs puts San Antonio in prime position for another offseason coup does not pass the smell test.

Start with the fact that choosing any team other than the Clippers would cost him roughly $53 million, the difference between the five-year, $205 million deal the Clippers can offer and the four-year, $152 million contract another team can give.

There aren't enough State Farm insurance TV spots over the rest of Paul’s lifetime to make up that difference.

Even if Paul were to decide that $152 million is plenty to put him on Gregg Popovich’s roster alongside Kawhi Leonard and LaMarcus Aldridge, the chances that he signs with the Spurs are next to nil as long as Pau Gasol opts in to the second year of his Spurs contract, at $16.2 million, for the 2017-18 season. If so, the Spurs will have $56.6 million already committed to just three players: $16.2 million to Gasol, $21.5 million to LaMarcus Aldridge and $18.9 million to Kawhi Leonard.

Now consider Gasol’s decision. About to turn 37, he is coming off the least productive season of his career, 12.4 points per game, and a less productive playoff run, an average of 7.7 points in 16 postseason games. Giving up a guaranteed $16.2 million to hit free agency would be economic lunacy.

Then Tony Parker, a veteran currently rehabbing after surgery on a ruptured left quadriceps tendon, is due the final $15.5 million season of his contract.

The Spurs could clear space to sign Paul, but the roster changes would be Draconian. Changes would likely include waiving Parker and stretching the final season of his 2017-18 salary, renouncing the rights to free-agents Jonathan Simmons, Patty Mills and Dewayne Dedmon and finding a way to trade veteran defensive ace Danny Green while bringing back considerably less than the $10 million he is to make next season.

As if that weren’t enough, it would probably mean bidding adios to Manu Ginobili, even if he decides he has enough left in his 40-year-old body to sign for another season.

The Spurs don’t do Draconian, especially when it involves franchise icons like Parker and Ginobili. Stein reported that his source believes the Spurs are all but guaranteed a face-to-face meeting with Paul, should he become a free agent, but Western Conference basketball management types aren’t losing sleep over the prospect of another conference superteam, this time based in San Antonio.

"I think all that talk is nothing more than leverage," one Western Conference basketball executive said Thursday. "Chris is just trying to make sure he can leverage Doc (Rivers).

Careful...Jerry West a snake. In a good way if it's for your team.

He helped us get Pau for Kwame toddler hand Brown.

Don't be surprised if he hands GSW DJ for Looney.

I get that but I think the dude learned from his mistakes when he left Cleveland the first time, not to mention, he's at a different maturity level than he was at 24/25 (he still says some asinine childish stuff tho
laugh.gif
).

I just can't see him uprooting himself AGAIN when he's firmly planted himself back in Cleveland's franchise. And isn't he supposedly the captain, coach, GM, Director of tickets, and head trainer? Where is he going to have that much power anywhere else in the league?
There are probably a lot of teams that would give him that power if he asked.

On the flip side, what if he's tired of being GM again and wants to let a real vet handle it ala Pat Riley (Jerry West?).

I'm tired of trying to decode Bron's thoughts though.
He helped us get Pau for Kwame toddler hand Brown.

Well not just Kwame...

Last edited:
There's no doubt in my mind these dudes been schemin to form this squad before they retire off. Even if they have no shot or look washed they just want to play with da homies then ride off to the sunset. It'll happen with one of the LA squads. Most likely the Clips. CP signs his max. Blake sign & trade for Lebby. Jordan for Melo. Wade for whatever is left. It's possible. Plus Balmer crazy enough to do it
nerd.gif
Let Ballmer do it, that team is going to be old as sin and finish third in the west. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom