Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

http://fansided.com/2017/03/16/nylo...ters-ruining-kawhi-leonard-defensive-numbers/

http://insider.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/18909227/three-myths-kawhi-leonard-mvp-case-nba

Very nerdy reads, but cliffnotes: Spurs' opponents shot incredibly poorly on threes and free throws with Kawhi sitting. Like, unsustainably poorly, bad enough that Kawhi was an outlier. I agree that his defense did slip a little compared to the previous season, but there also seems to be some luck/randomness involved that killed Kawhi's on/off numbers last year.

That's why I don't pay much attention to those meaningless stats. They don't take into account everything. Stoneface is a great defender.

He's a great defender but let's not act like he didn't take the big defensive assignments like he did in the past due to his scoring load.

Which brings me to bhzmafia14 bhzmafia14 .

Kawhi or Durant?

He clearly slipped on defense. Don't know why that's so hard to understand. Even by the eye test you could see it

It's been a hell of an offseason so far. Happy as hell for Russy, man. This has been a hell of a season and whatever faults you could find in his play or this triple double season, at the end of the day, he's very deserving of this MVP and he had an all-time regular season. We are all witnesses of the Brodie.

Did not expect CP3 to be on the move, but respect for him and the Clippers for making a move one way or another. They're just not going to beat the Warriors and if they had expectations that Paul was going to leave, might as well get assets for him. Just sign and trade Griffin for a top pick and some young guys and call it a day. Hell, throw Deandre out there too. I trust MDA, Paul, and Harden to figure it out, so I'm looking forward to what they put out on the floor.

Thank the basketball gods that Phil is out of New York. What a disaster that whole ordeal was.. we stopped the bleeding at least and hopefully we can start recovering, even with Dolan at the helm. The only bright side was Porzingis and that Dolan did stay out of the way with Phil here. That's the only hope that he'll do the same with whoever comes in next to replace Phil.

dudes was in here making playoff predictions before free agency even starts
laugh.gif
mean.gif
giphy.gif

He's a great defender but let's not act like he didn't take the big defensive assignments like he did in the past due to his scoring load.

Kawhi or Durant?

Give me the guy that just turned 26.

Durant having it easy in Golden State and intensifying his skillset doesn't change my mind :lol:

:lol:

View media item 2479255
When asked about rumors of his discontent in Chicago, Butler waved it off and encouraged anyone who wanted to to hit him up. “My phone’s in my back pocket,” he said, “773-899-6071.”

Deadspin called Butler multiple times, once getting through busy signals to reach his voicemail which plays a message that’s clearly Butler asking you, the caller, to leave your name and number,
especially if “you got any beef.” We have also sent him some text messages, and we’ll update if we hear back.

:lol:

View media item 2479255
When asked about rumors of his discontent in Chicago, Butler waved it off and encouraged anyone who wanted to to hit him up. “My phone’s in my back pocket,” he said, “773-899-6071.”

Deadspin called Butler multiple times, once getting through busy signals to reach his voicemail which plays a message that’s clearly Butler asking you, the caller, to leave your name and number,
especially if “you got any beef.” We have also sent him some text messages, and we’ll update if we hear back.
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

laugh.gif

Spoken like a man who drives without a rearview mirror 
pimp.gif

Just texted jimmy g to come to the knicks when his contract is up

Last edited:

Kawhi or Durant?

Give me the guy that just turned 26.

Durant having it easy in Golden State and intensifying his skillset doesn't change my mind :lol:

Both guys at 25

http://www.basketball-reference.com...nard&y2=2017&player_id2=leonaka01&idx=players

[emoji]129300[/emoji]

"Sorry I couldn't get to the phone. But uhh... leave your name and number and I'll hit you back. If you got any beef - DEFINITELY. LEAVE. A. MESSAGE."

laugh.gif

Last edited:
where's the collector to make sense of all this and distract us with posts about john wall's gravity??
Studying so he can file his appeal.

giphy.gif

damnn what happened to cuzz? bruh was really about that life? if memory serves me right, i remember he was talkin about heading to san diego to go chest-2-chest with an NTer and gun-talk ensued

but mayhaps it wasn't all talk?? :wow:
Collector wasnt bout nothin...he just used to get high all the time and wild out in his posts :lol: ....told that boy bout messin with that herron :smh:

Pacers ain't got no damn leverage asking for all that :lol: they gonna end up with nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom