Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think its funny you guys assume PG cares about winning like that. Never struck me as a guy who cares all that much. Pretends to care because he's supposed to, but if he cared all that much, he'd be looking at Boston/Houston/Cavs.

will gladly put $500 of Whips money up that he still ends up a laker in 2018
nba players change their minds all the time

come on man be honest with yourself

if he ends up in boston and lebron bolts to the west coast the east is open for the taking

lets not be gullable here

nba finals or garbage laker team with young guys?

pg is in his prime hes not wasting those years getting washed in the west
why lakers fans dont understand this is mindboggling to me

Perhaps, but the off the court money in LA > *

is it though? i think thats 20 years ago. If you are good, you are going to make money off the court regardless. Whats he going to get in LA that he can;t elsewhere? Endorsements will be there if you're a star.

I understand in negotiation you would want to start high but Indy has ZERO ******* LEVERAGE in this situation.
In fact, probably the least amount of leverage I have ever seen an NBA team have.

So what the **** are they smoking to ask for so many ******* players and picks?
They really must want to lose PG for nothing :lol:

i think its funny you guys assume PG cares about winning like that. Never struck me as a guy who cares all that much. Pretends to care because he's supposed to, but if he cared all that much, he'd be looking at Boston/Houston/Cavs.

He does want to win, this year. Which is why he's open to the rental scenario in the first place. But ultimately being part of building and bringing back the Lakers to prominence as the hometown kid is too much to pass up. Plus it's not like they don't have the opportunity to bring another guy with him.

I understand in negotiation you would want to start high but Indy has ZERO ******* LEVERAGE in this situation.
In fact, probably the least amount of leverage I have ever seen an NBA team have.

So what the **** are they smoking to ask for so many ******* players and picks?
They really must want to lose PG for nothing :lol:

its going to turn out like what Doc did holding out on getting Melo because of his kid.

Anybody know what the Pelicans going to do? :lol:

Its like they traded for Boogie and are at a stand still. Probably going to end up losing Jru and don't have much money.

is it though? i think thats 20 years ago. If you are good, you are going to make money off the court regardless. Whats he going to get in LA that he can;t elsewhere? Endorsements will be there if you're a star.

You serious?

Anybody know what the Pelicans going to do? :lol:

Its like they traded for Boogie and are at a stand still. Probably going to end up losing Jru and don't have much money.

probably wasn't expecting to realize, like i did, how Boogie isn't going to make them anything else but a below fringe contender.

You serious?

yes, what other opportunities? Acting? Music? Is that what you are speaking of? I'm sure 90% of his endorsement is with Nike? Russ was able to make $15M in OKC which is a way smaller market than Indy.

Nike going to give him more for playing in LA? PG aint a superstar.

I feel like Frank Jackson is going to be really good and the Pels will figure it out this year.

Just gotta find a way to get Soloman Hill and a few others off the team

yes, what other opportunities? Acting? Music? Is that what you are speaking of? I'm sure 90% of his endorsement is with Nike? Russ was able to make $15M in OKC which is a way smaller market than Indy.

I'm almost positive Nike will give him more, he's got his own sig line. But the opptunities are much more in bulk here when it's the entertainment capital of the world. Why do you think Bron wants to come to Los Angeles given he's probably #1 in the world in endorsements in Cleveland. Cause there's always able to get more. PG may not be a superstar in terms of talent but hell just look at guys like Blake and how much exposure he's got being here and that's just as a Clipper.

Anybody know what the Pelicans going to do?
laugh.gif

Jrue got them over a barrel. They have no choice but to max him out.
going full mozgov at  12:01

Last edited:
Paul George to the cavs would make em have three sig shoes has that ever happened? Anta li-ning peak those don't count

You serious?

A 22 year old kid from Milwaukee got 1.6M votes for the All star game. Paul George got a sig shoe playing in Indiana. Like Casper already said, Westbrook made a ton of endorsement money playing in OKC.

If you're a star player there's money to be made in every city.

Didn't pg say he's open to re-signing elsewhere and been recruiting guys to different teams. He'll get in wherever he can fit in. These hos aint loyal. They don't think like fans think

I'm almost positive Nike will give him more, he's got his own sig line. But the opptunities are much more in bulk here when it's the entertainment capital of the world. Why do you think Bron wants to come to Los Angeles given he's probably #1 in the world in endorsements in Cleveland. Cause there's always able to get more. PG may not be a superstar in terms of talent but hell just look at guys like Blake and how much exposure he's got being here and that's just as a Clipper.

You still haven't given a concrete example.

You just keep talking about how much cooler LA is than Cleveland and Indy

A 22 year old kid from Milwaukee got 1.6M votes for the All star game. Paul George got a sig shoe playing in Indiana. Like Casper already said, Westbrook made a ton of endorsement money playing in OKC.

Who ever said there wasn't money to be made everywhere?
There's just a lot more out here than anywhere else maybe outside of NYC. Russ in LA would be bigger than Russ in OKC, how is this up for debate?

Who ever said there wasn't money to be made everywhere?
There's just a lot more out here than anywhere else maybe outside of NYC. Russ in LA would be bigger than Russ in OKC, how is this up for debate?
you really believe this dont you

Mavs have traded Jarrod Uthoff, who has a nonguaranteed deal, to the Rockets for cash considerations.

Morey setting up the next deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom