Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 22 year old kid from Milwaukee got 1.6M votes for the All star game. Paul George got a sig shoe playing in Indiana. Like Casper already said, Westbrook made a ton of endorsement money playing in OKC.

If you're a star player there's money to be made in every city.

Who ever said there wasn't money to be made everywhere?
There's just a lot more out here than anywhere else maybe outside of NYC. Russ in LA would be bigger than Russ in OKC, how is this up for debate?

How though?

With the advent of social media it seems that superstars get exposure no matter where they are.

yeah, you don't need to live in a big market. The big stars will get it no matter what. BUT, PG isn't a big star so perhaps it helps someone like him.

Cant compare him to Blake. Blake blew up right from the start. Shining in dunk contests, flying all over the place. He was a marketers dream. PG is just PG. He isn't doing anything we haven't seen before. Throw in the fact that Blake was good at making fun of himself with the dry humor, it just worked.

Has nothing to do with who i think is better. I just don't think PG is marketable like that. He's most famous for that gruesome injury.

I think PG is being overestimated on what he can bring. Not one of you Lakers fans thinks he's going to be the guy to make you contenders. You guys are hoping he's going to be robin to the batman thats also going to be here.

Don't believe me just watch. According to y'all he shouldn't even be considering the Lakers at all yet he is. And even more explicitly named them as his destination of choice. It can't be about the roster right? Y'all said all we got is bums.

Last edited:
yeah, you don't need to live in a big market. The big stars will get it no matter what. BUT, PG isn't a big star so perhaps it helps someone like him.

Cant compare him to Blake. Blake blew up right from the start. Shining in dunk contests, flying all over the place. He was a marketers dream. PG is just PG. He isn't doing anything we haven't seen before. Throw in the fact that Blake was good at making fun of himself with the dry humor, it just worked.

Has nothing to do with who i think is better. I just don't think PG is marketable like that. He's most famous for that gruesome injury.

I think PG is being overestimated on what he can bring. Not one of you Lakers fans thinks he's going to be the guy to make you contenders. You guys are hoping he's going to be robin to the batman thats also going to be here.

Pretty much this.

I'm getting tired of people overblowing the big market angle.

This isn't the 80s/90s.

According to y'all he shouldn't even be considering the Lakers at all yet he is. And even more explicitly named them as his destination of choice. It can't be about the roster right? Y'all said all we got is bums.

this is why i said winning doesn't matter to him. Thats what i'm seeing from a guy like him

Miami is a bigger market than Cleveland. I doubt LeBron got any more exposure or opportunities playing here than he has in Cleveland.

Miami is a bigger market than Cleveland. I doubt LeBron got any more exposure or opportunities playing here than he has in Cleveland.
stop it.. lebron is the worst example you could of used for this 
mean.gif

this is why i said winning doesn't matter to him. Thats what i'm seeing from a guy like him

So on that premise you said he's not about why do you think he is so hell bent on coming here beyond the homecoming?

is it though? i think thats 20 years ago. If you are good, you are going to make money off the court regardless. Whats he going to get in LA that he can;t elsewhere? Endorsements will be there if you're a star.

You serious?

A 22 year old kid from Milwaukee got 1.6M votes for the All star game. Paul George got a sig shoe playing in Indiana. Like Casper already said, Westbrook made a ton of endorsement money playing in OKC.

If you're a star player there's money to be made in every city.

This. The whole "he'll make more money off the court in bigger cities" myth is way over blown in todays age.

So on that premise you said he's not about why do you think he is so hell bent on coming here beyond the homecoming?

The LAL are a GREAT organization.

Hell, i can speak for myself. I'm not about winning. I'd be playing in LA and taking less just to live here, because i'm from here. LA is a great place to be for a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom