Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a debate. What the rest of us are saying is that with the advent of national TV and social media, this whole notion of having to end up in a big market is completely overblown.

Being a winning star in L.A. and nyc isn't the same as winning and being a star in Indiana or Charlotte

OK, good talk bud.

All I'm seeing are blanket statements with no concrete examples.

There is a debate. What the rest of us are saying is that with the advent of national TV and social media, this whole notion of having to end up in a big market is completely overblown.
Those things level the playing field to a certain extent, but the potentialities to one's brand I think are still greater in LA or NY or some place rather than Indiana. Even if those potentialities have shrunk a bit due to social media, nat'l tv, there's still an advantage there, even if it's a slight one.

To me, being a star in Indiana is not the same as being a star in LA. Chris Paul from a success standpoint didn't achieve much more in LA than he did in NO but his brand definitely grew.

It's hard to quantify because not everyone reaches their marketing and earning potential, but if all things were being equal, the ceiling for earning and brand potential is higher in NYC or LA than Indiana.

OK, good talk bud.

there aren't. Westbrook killed those arguments. You are where you are, in terms of endorsements, because of the type of player you are.

the love for PG is a little shocking to me. Two good seasons after that horrific injury and he's a star now?

there aren't. Westbrook killed those arguments. You are where you are, in terms of endorsements, because of the type of player you are.

the love for PG is a little shocking to me. Two good seasons after that horrific injury and he's a star now?

Did he tho? I kinda think if Westbrook was in a bigger market he would have a signature shoe by now.

Those things level the playing field to a certain extent, but the potentialities to one's brand I think are still greater in LA or NY or some place rather than Indiana. Even if those potentialities have shrunk a bit due to social media, nat'l tv, there's still an advantage there, even if it's a slight one.

To me, being a star in Indiana is not the same as being a star in LA. Chris Paul from a success standpoint didn't achieve much more in LA than he did in NO but his brand definitely grew.

It's hard to quantify because not everyone reaches their marketing and earning potential, but if all things were being equal, the ceiling for earning and brand potential is higher in NYC or LA than Indiana.

Chris Paul is a great example. I think an even better one would be Carmelo in Denver vs Melo in NYC. He had far more success court wise in Denver, but he's without a doubt a bigger

OK, good talk bud.

ok

Giannis for example...folks are high on him these days. He is in Milwaukee. Outside of nba fans, he's unknown. If he's was a laker or a knick...different story.

Who do you think is more well known outside of the basketball world...Giannis or Kristaps?

Was cp3 doing national State farm commercials in New Orleans?

Did he tho? I kinda think if Westbrook was in a bigger market he would have a signature shoe by now.

But black GH got a sig and he's done less

but he blew the hell up in Denver. He was a household name in Denver. Perfect storm.

Its not about being a household name to fans like us who follow the NBA. My Mom knew who Melo was and she doesn't even watch the NBA.

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Sources: Warriors' luxury tax moving forward is concern for Golden State and owner Joe Lacob in re-signing Andre Iguodala.
2:27 PM · Jun 29, 2017

And so it begins

Sources: Warriors' luxury tax moving forward is concern for Golden State and owner Joe Lacob in re-signing Andre Iguodala.

And so it begins
The Thunder should serve as a warning to everyone about being cheap. Just pay the man.

And so it begins

Lightyears Lacob gonna be cheap? :smh:

but he blew the hell up in Denver. He was a household name in Denver. Perfect storm.

Its not about being a household name to fans like us who follow the NBA. My Mom knew who Melo was and she doesn't even watch the NBA.

That's not the point man. He's a BIGGER star in New York. Chris Paul was a star in New Orleans. He was a BIGGER star in LA.

what is Iggy going to command? $20M per? How many years is the key.

If JJ Redick is getting $20M, he should.

I wonder if Iggy would reconsider returning to Philly. He'd be a great veteran leader for this team man

And so it begins
They're printing money over there they need to stop it. Especially after KD did what he did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom