Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that. And it happens to be players that are far superior than PG. that's my point. We can compare cp and Melo to PG because PG will never be on their level

Respect Casper...I think this is a big indication of what mamba and others mean. Of course the best teams are on the most right? But if big markets don't matter then why is Chicago on tv as much as Cleveland? Keeping the conversation in context, Indiana was a better team than the Lakers, but the Lakers were on national tv more.

The Knicks and Chicago even had more Sunday Primetime games than okc and Houston.

Even in the era of social media and with big big stars in Houston and okc, that also perform better than the Lakers and Knicks, the TV networks still decided to show the Lakers and Knicks more than okc and Houston.
View media item 2479425

Meh. Not indicative of anything. I boxed for 12 yrs. I very rarely go in there. I know very few of these new cats. Like 5. Im about the old head sluggers.
Didn't know there were so many Boxers that were regulars in here

Boxed for 10 yrs in FL, grew up with Lubin/next to Berto/Arnett and etc.

I understand that. And it happens to be players that are far superior than PG. that's my point. We can compare cp and Melo to PG because PG will never be on their level
Wait, in what world is PG not on Melo's level?  Pretty clear they're on the same level.  And PG still has a chance to surpass him despite his disappointing last 2 years.

Did you put Melo on CP3's level? 
roll.gif

Last edited:
I really would like to see Iggy somewhere else. If Hayward leaves Utah, would they become a buyer?

Hate to see IGgy end that way. But then again, he's made good money in his career. Has to be over $100 mil in his career? Rather see him play with a team like philly

He is on their level then? that's what I want to hear. Cuz I said he wasn't

He's above Melo right now for sure. And on CP0's level for sure. They're both borderline top 10 guys right now.

But the premise of this whole discussion wasn't that. It was that he like those others would see benefits immediately from going to LA from Indy.

Last edited:
Wait, in what world is PG not on Melo's level?  Pretty clear they're on the same level.  And PG still has a chance to surpass him despite his disappointing last 2 years.

Did you put Melo on CP3's level? :rofl:  

pg has some time to go before he's on Melos level. Melo in his 6 the year vs PG. you gonna say PG is on his level? Get out of here. I don't even like Melo. On my all overrated team. But come on. Melo been doing it for a longer time than Pg

He's above Melo right now for sure. And on CP0's level for sure. They're both borderline top 10 guys right now.

But the premise of this whole discussion wasn't that. It was that he like those others would see benefits immediately from going to LA from Indy.

Yes. I'm saying going from Indy to LA for him isn't that great of a move money wise. From the looks of that move, he'd get maybe 2-3 more per year?

pg has some time to go before he's on Melos level. Melo in his 6 the year vs PG. you gonna say PG is on his level? Get out of here. I don't even like Melo. On my all overrated team. But come on. Melo been doing it for a longer time than Pg
I accidentally repped you just FYI 
laugh.gif

Who cares who's doing it longer?  They're both inefficient ball-stopping scorers.  Melo's slightly better at it, but PG is/was an elite defender and Melo is a terrible one.  At least PG is young and has the chance to change his terrible offensive habits.  Melo has proven he never will.

I accidentally repped you just FYI :lol:

Who cares who's doing it longer?  They're both inefficient ball-stopping scorers.  Melo's slightly better at it, but PG is/was an elite defender and Melo is a terrible one.  At least PG is young and has the chance to change his terrible offensive habits.  Melo has proven he never will.
We are talking about making more endorsement money though.

Oh my bad 
laugh.gif
  I thought you were comparing the 3 players

Yeah you're right then, Melo's always had strong branding/endorsement.  Not to mention George's Gatorade commercial calls attention to the fact that he's 0-15 in game winning/tying shot situations.

Didn't Harden's beard post PG was making 7.5? Melo is at 8 & CP at 8.5? If he gets a similar bump they did when moving to LA he’s at double digits and above them. So what are you talking about forreal?

James Johnson if his price isn't too high
I think both would, but Luc is a bit more versatile of a defender and a better shooter.

I feel like his price is going to be a bit too high for GSW, but he'd be perfect. Can make open 3's, great cutter, exceptional defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom