Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is simply not true. Being a SUPERSTAR is far more about your popularity than your numbers. Whether or not you like him, Melo was absolutely a superstar. The entire reason he's seen as a loser is because he's constantly compared to LeBron.

Nah superstar is absolutely more about on court performance and being a #1 option and franchise piece. Melo is none of that sorry.

Well hol up. Melo on the court was pretty damn close to superstar. He just ain't play defense. Off the court he had enough popularity to be very recognizable. I wouldn't argue against somebody saying Melo was a superstar even though I don't think he could LEAD a team to championship. As great of a scorer he was and his brand he was right at superstar level.

I would not understand a move to the Heat for Hayward at all if he's thinking basketball-wise. They'd pretty much be what the Raptors have been to the East over the last few years at best. They'd probably make it to the second round of the playoffs a couple years in a row and that's it. No offense to them, id like the guys on the team, but I'm just being logical here.

Whiteside, Dragic, and Hayward would make it to the ECF easily. People are forgetting that Boston probably would've been bounced in the 1st round if Rondo hadn't gotten injured.

With Blake out till December and the Suns still going after him, really shows how good they think Chriss will be.

Whiteside, Dragic, and Hayward would make it to the ECF easily. People are forgetting that Boston probably would've been bounced in the 1st round if Rondo hadn't gotten injured.

Debatable. I will still take Boston over that squad. Dragic overrated. Nobody fearing him. I do like the other pieces Miami. Would they have to move some players to get Gordon?

Melo was a superstar. He just ain't no more.

With the right coach and team he could have pulled a Dirk in 2011. He was skilled enough

We're not interested in Calipari
100x100px-LS-317d8922_image.jpeg

This is why I hate star/superstar arguments. :lol:

It's all semantics and no two people even have the same definition of what it means.

Debatable. I will still take Boston over that squad. Dragic overrated. Nobody fearing him. I do like the other pieces Miami. Would they have to move some players to get Gordon?

No we have the cap space to sign him. We wouldn't be able to re-sign Dion or James Johnson though. I personally think they will receive inflated contract offers from other teams though.

Last edited:
No we have the cap space to sign him. We wouldn't be able to re-sign Dion or James Johnson though. I personally think they will receive inflated contract offers from other teams though.

They for sure will. I'd be afraid to give JJ that money. I could see if going back to his ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom