Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2012 Melo led the knicks to 54 wins while averaging 29/7/3. He finished 3rd in MVP voting and was 1 of 2 players receiving 1st place votes. He was unquestionably a superstar that year.

jersey sales??

Its crazy how PG throws Lakers a little look and batted their eyes in their direction and all of a sudden, he's the second coming. Times have been that low.

No we have the cap space to sign him. We wouldn't be able to re-sign Dion or James Johnson though. I personally think they will receive inflated contract offers from other teams though.

They for sure will. I'd be afraid to give JJ that money. I could see if going back to his ways.

I'd be afraid to give either the money. Dion is, well he's Dion Waiters, and JJ is already 30.

Last edited:
jeremy lin was #2 in 2012...does that make him a superstar? 
cmon doggie
even you gotta admit Melo  was a superstar
he made the all nba team 6 times  

to be fair, i think only all-nba 1st team should count. 2nd and 3rd place is well, 2nd and third. Nobody remembers LMA/ Lowry was all-nba 3rd team last year. Or Tragic was 3rd team 4 years ago.

We shouldn't celebrate that

cmon doggie

It's not about the jersey sales per se they do reflect popularity though. Sure you'll have an outlier (like when players change teams) but the real superstars have staying power up at the top 5 range and/or have proven to be the best players on championship contending teams. Melo has been neither.

Dirk never was in his career.

So he never was a superstar?

Dirk has been though.

Black Gordon Hayward a "superstar"? :rofl:

View media item 2479585
MVP MVP you dead wrong for holding up his ECF appearances as evidence. You KNOW how weak the East is. And the mere thought of BGH13 being better than Chris Paul? Laughable.

White Gordon Hayward proved he is the better player....and BGH13 is his son.

Can't wait to see you slander Black Gordon Hayward once he spurns the Lakers. I'm here for it.

cmon doggie

It's not about the jersey sales per se they do reflect popularity though. Sure you'll have an outlier (like when players change teams) but the real superstars have staying power up at the top 5 range and/or have proven to be the best players on championship contending teams. Melo has been neither.

Dirk never was in his career.

So he never was a superstar?

Dirk has been though.

When was Dirk Nowitzki ever in the top 5 in the NBA in jersey sales?

In 2012 Melo led the knicks to 54 wins while averaging 29/7/3. He finished 3rd in MVP voting and was 1 of 2 players receiving 1st place votes. He was unquestionably a superstar that year.

09 & 10 Melo....Especially '10 Melo was unquestionably a superstar.

If GK ain't get cancer....the Nuggets woulda won the CHIP!

**** Adrian Dantley. That dude was the worst.

ok, Black Gordan Hayward is PG13 and white PG13 is Gordon Hayward?

Been trying to figure this out for about a week

PG in the playoffs last 2 years...

2016- 27.3 PPG, 7.6 RPG, 4.3 APG, 2 SPG, 41.9 3P%

2017- 28 PPG, 8.8 RPG, 7.3 APG, 1.8 SPG, 42.9 3P%

That's pretty damb good.

When was Dirk Nowitzki ever in the top 5 in the NBA in jersey sales?

Dirk was top 10 which is what you quoted initially. And he also was the best player on championship contending teams and won an MVP as well.

PG in the playoffs last 2 years...

2016- 27.3 PPG, 7.6 RPG, 4.3 APG, 2 SPG, 41.9 3P%

2017- 28 PPG, 8.8 RPG, 7.3 APG, 1.8 SPG, 42.9 3P%

That's pretty damb good.

How far did that take them though?

09 & 10 Melo....Especially '10 Melo was unquestionably a superstar.

If GK ain't get cancer....the Nuggets woulda won the CHIP!

**** Adrian Dantley. That dude was the worst.

You joking. :lol: They wasn't beating Kobe and nem.

Will we ever see another Dirk? Superstar and champion, played on one team his whole career, one of the best and most efficient scorers ever, and literally has zero hate towards him. Dude's resume is squeaky clean.

Will we ever see another Dirk? Superstar and champion, played on one team his whole career, one of the best and most efficient scorers ever, and literally has zero hate towards him. Dude's resume is squeaky clean.

Probably not. Welcome to the super-team era.

i don't think so. I use to argue with my boy about KG being better than Dirk to the point where fists were close to flying.

I slowly started to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom