Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA

The Minnesota Timberwolves have expressed interest in Thomas Robinson, according to league sources. Robinson is unrestricted.

Nets wylin, but Otto really is a key 3rd option for the Wizards. Especially when Beal goes cold.

That deal sounds crazy, but I don't think he's easily replaceable.

Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA

The Minnesota Timberwolves have expressed interest in Thomas Robinson, according to league sources. Robinson is unrestricted.
Shocked-CM-Punk.gif

How we go from Paul Millsap to Thomas Robinson

Wizards already said they'll match any offer. Otto not leaving Washington. Brooklyn stays doing this for some reason.

the battle between Boston (Ainge) and Miami (Riley) ain't nearly as interesting as the NT Boston vs. Miami we got in here.

What are the odds that the wiz match? If they do, that's pretty much their team for the next few years right? No room to make any big signings?

What are the odds that the wiz match? If they do, that's pretty much their team for the next few years right? No room to make any big signings?

They already said they'll match any deal including a max offer.

how nene deal fall through? i thought it was done yesterday

"So what happened? Well, Nene is 34 years old, and a four-year contract would therefore carry him into his age-38 season. Each of the last two NBA collective bargaining agreements have included a provision that is designed to prevent NBA teams from using years to backload extra dollars onto contracts for aging players, a move made famous by 10-year NHL contracts. Prior to this new CBA it was an over-36 rule, but it is now an over-38 rule, mostly because Chris Paul and LeBron James are still rock-solid max-contract players, and shouldn’t have their earnings limited even more than they already are by a rule designed to prevent Ernie Grunfeld from signing Jose Calderon to a 13-year, $13 million contract.

But this rule has now prevented a very good NBA veteran from signing his last significant contract, and a relatively cheap one at that. Unintended consequences are always a thing to look for in CBA provisions—like the first three players who were eligible for the DPVE being traded, it’s hard to predict how these things will ripple once they go live."
http://deadspin.com/old-man-nene-gets-absolutely-screwed-by-the-nbas-new-cb-1796575225

damn, Nene got screwed.

Actually, i take that back. He's a $100M+ earner. he's done his fair share of screwing teams.

Doing Indiana a favor would have been to privately tell them that he wanted out, which would give the team the opportunity to trade him anywhere and get a much larger haul. Instead, he went public with the LA stuff and gave them no leverage.

how do you know he didn't do that last year? There were trade rumors last year.... I'm sure if he told Indiana that he was coming back, he would have signed the extension. He gave them one year (if not more) notice he was leaving. What else do you want him to do? :lol:

Do y'all not remember Brooklyn doing this with z Crabbe and I think one other RFA last year? Exact same tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom