Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as people need to stop thinking the all time greats of yesterday somehow wouldn't be able to adapt to today's game. It goes both ways. Magic, Bird, Kareem, MJ, Pip, Shaq, Kobe translate to any era. The 80s was played at a more breakneck pace than even today. Would the Warriors likely have advantages by today's rules, of course, but so would those squads in their eras.

They would but their role player teammates wouldn't tho lol. The role players of today>>>>>>>>role players of yesterday.

This Warriors team is the best offense I've ever seen but when ya'll act like "OMG their best ever or top 5" they're not. All time great on the outside but soft as Jlo booty in the paint. It's some teams that would have an advantage over them matchup wise. 91 Bulls is another team that's better than them. Bad Boy Pistons too.

Last edited:
Danilo is nice but he's as injury prone as Blake...Has he played at least 70 games in a season before?

same could be said that nobody on those teams can guard KD or Curry.
nerd.gif

Enes Kantner leaked the OKC-Rudy Gay stuff to make that deal harder as well as to make himself, who would assuredly be the one gone in the event of a signing, much harder to trade as well. He out here playing Turkish chess while everyone else playing checkers

View media item 2481887

86 Celtics: 114.1 ppg (8th in lg)/101.2 pace/3rd ORTG/1st DRTG (15-3 playoff record) 5 HOFers

87 Lakers: 117.8 ppg (2nd in lg)/101.6 pace/1st ORTG/7th DRTG (15-3 playoff record) 3 HOFers

96 Bulls: 105.2 ppg (1st in lg)/91.1 pace/1st ORTG/1st DRTG (15-3 playoff record) 3 HOFers

01 Lakers: 100.6 ppg (3rd in lg)/91.7 pace/2nd ORTG/21 DRTG (15-1 playoff record) 2 HOFers

17 Warriors: 115.9 ppg (1st in lg)/99.8 pace/1st ORTG/2nd DRTG (16-1 playoff record) 4 future HOFers

How can anybody say the Warriors defense is "soft"....when they've consistently had the best defense in the NBA? :lol:

I swear man. Perception is everything. You point out hard, concrete evidence....and dudes stick their fingers in their ears and close their eyes :lol:.

Felt like Minny could've used that remaining cap space on a floor spacer. I know Thibs loves his guys and all, but you already have Dieng, KAT and just drafted Patton (assuming Aldrich and Payne wouldn't matter). They can still make a trade per say, but I'll be interested to see how they fill in the gaps on the wings.

Unless Thibs run his starters into the ground per usual :lol:

Nevertheless, Taj is a solid pick up and adding more toughness to that team is great. Cannot wait to see 3rd year KAT

They would but their role player teammates wouldn't tho lol. The role players of today>>>>>>>>role players of yesterday.

Michael Cooper, Dennis Johnson, Danny Ainge, Byron Scott, Bill Walton, Toni Kukoc, Ron Harper, Rick Fox, Derek Fisher Robert Horry, etc. wouldn't translate? C'mon man.

Iggy and Shaun Livingston aren't heads and shoulders above any of those guys.

Last edited:
Felt like Minny could've used that remaining cap space on a floor spacer. I know Thibs loves his guys and all, but you already have Dieng, KAT and just drafted Patton (assuming Aldrich and Payne wouldn't matter). They can still make a trade per say, but I'll be interested to see how they fill in the gaps on the wings.

Unless Thibs run his starters into the ground per usual
laugh.gif

Nevertheless, Taj is a solid pick up and adding more toughness to that team is great. Cannot wait to see 3rd year KAT
Yeah you'd want a floor spacing big to pair with KAT for sure.

Just as people need to stop thinking the all time greats of yesterday somehow wouldn't be able to adapt to today's game. It goes both ways. Magic, Bird, Kareem, MJ, Pip, Shaq, Kobe translate to any era. The 80s was played at a more breakneck pace than even today. Would the Warriors likely have advantages by today's rules, of course, but so would those squads in their eras.

:lol: Hell no.

Rodman, Dennis, Scott, Microwave, Coop, Horry

Michael Cooper, Dennis Johnson, Danny Ainge, Byron Scott, Bill Walton, Toni Kukoc, Ron Harper, Rick Fox, Derek Fisher Robert Horry, etc. wouldn't translate? C'mon man.

Iggy and Shaun Livingston aren't heads and shoulders above any of those guys.

Toni Kukoc would be ridiculous in this soft era NBA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom