Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further explains why Michael is the GOAT. Didn't have to recruit anyone, didn't bolt when things got rough (almost doesn't count), the list goes on.

He didn't have to. He already had a Top 30 player (of all time) alongside him, and his competition weakened tremendously when the Celtics and Pistons fell off and the NBA over-expanded in the late '80s (and then again in the mid '90s). Adding Rodman for the second three-peat was just gravy.

I want to see Kyrie play with AD. How about this...

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 10.33.06 AM.png

One of the rare trade proposals that actually is fair and makes sense lol

how? Cavs get marginally worse, Pels gets marginally better and Suns get the short end, again. Salaries match, but the trade makes no sense in terms of wins and losses, which is whats most important. A bron-bled-cousins big 3 gets destroyed by golden state, btw.

how? Cavs get marginally worse, Pels gets marginally better and Suns get the short end, again. Salaries match, but the trade makes no sense in terms of wins and losses, which is whats most important. A bron-bled-cousins big 3 gets destroyed by golden state, btw.
Getting cousins and Bledsoe for Irving and love isn't that bad. It's pretty even all things considered

Pels probably wouldn't do it although Irving and ad seems pretty cool if cousins doesn't pan out there

Suns would get the short end they'd need some picks at least

Didn't have to recruit anyone because the league was different. If he was facing a team like golden state I'd wager he'd be recruiting just like everyone else
Yup. There was really no equivalent to what the current Warriors are during the middle of Jordan's career. You basically would've needed to take the Orlando Magic if nobody got injured and Shaq and Penny stayed together and got to their primes, then add somebody like prime Reggie Miller and prime Gary Payton. Jordan is a competitor, and if he had lost to them, he'd be doing whatever possible to make his team better so he could win.

Cavs are going to be getting worse no matter who they trade Kyrie for, so that should be a given. Pelicans most definitely get better, and the Suns get rid of their log jam in the backcourt and get an inside/outside big to play alongside Booker & Jackson.

As at odds as Jordan was with management, he was blessed with phil and a few other key teammates

If Jordan had to experience the same management as Lebby I'd wager Jordan would have been out prior to 7 years as a cav

There's no way for y'all to know what MJ would have done. You assume he’s built like a sucka when there's nothing in his makeup to suggest he was.
Actually his competitiveness to me suggests he would do whatever it takes to win. Including recruiting or possibly joining another team

I don't see how recruiting or leaving a team means you're built like a sucker. I guess Durant, Paul George and everyone else are suckers?

You hit the nail on the head. He's so competitive that he would've done whatever it takes to win. I'm happy to see that you understand.

Yea he surely would have just joined the Pistons...Oh wait.

Scottie pippen top 30? No way in hell.
Outside of MJ, he was the best 2-way player in the league in the 90s. Scored efficiently and played incredible defense. Don't think top 30 is all that farfetched.

Scottie gets consistently slept on.

MJ's competition back then was better. Still easy, but better. There was a HOF player on every team he faced in the East. At the same time I dont think anyone he faced was as good as this current Warriors team.

Anyway rather talk about something else.

Didnt Scottie lead those same Bulls teams without MJ to 45-50 wins?

He's been to the Finals for 7 straight years and has won 3 championships. I'm pretty sure it's something that works. If KD doesn't go to Golden State, we likely aren't even talking about this.
I'm fully aware of lebrons accomplishments not sure why u feel the need to slurp him so much. We're talking about this because a young star in his prime doesn't wanna play with the best player in the world. There's something wrong no matter how much u **** riders wanna deny it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom