Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm admittedly higher on Kyrie than most. I think he can get to the point where he's a MVP and the best player on a championship level team, but it's never going to happen with Bron there cause he'll always get the vast majority of the credit. So a change of scenery is fine and welcomed honestly after all the AAU'ing of the league. I like a dude willing to take on that challenge and see how far his greatness can take him. Especially since he's already a champion.

Kyrie without a Durant or Lebby talent, is he more valuable than wall in his situation?

Of course we don't know but I'm just wondering what folks think about that

He's one of the most one dimensional players I can think of. Hard to imagine him carrying a team anywhere if he's your best player

What would a team built around kyrie look like? A bunch of screen setters and rebounders
You would basically need to do something similar to what the Celtics have done prior to this summer with IT. Both are ball dominant scorers that don't bring much else to the table.

You would basically need to do something similar to what the Celtics have done prior to this summer with IT. Both are ball dominant scorers that don't bring much else to the table.
And for a team to ever build up to that point will take years if they even can get to that level to begin with

However looking at Boston as a template, as difficult as it may be to replicate, I can't say Irving couldn't be doing the same things as Thomas

Not really. If say he goes to the Knicks they already have that stretch big in KP. A decent wing defender in Courtney Lee and role players like Boston had in the Olynek, Smarts, etc. I think that'd be an ideal situation for him.

Not really. If say he goes to the Knicks they already have that stretch big in KP. A decent wing defender in Courtney Lee and role players like Boston had in the Olynek, Smarts, etc. I think that'd be an ideal situation for him.

doesn't sound like championship basketball.

Seems like a stretch to compare Knicks roster to the celtics. Not even taking Stevens into account

Is that really THAT much better than the Knicks with Melo? Sounds like a 7 seed at best to me.

Lol @ comparing the Knicks role players to Boston's.

o_Oo_O

Seems like a stretch to compare Knicks roster to the celtics. Not even taking Stevens into account

It was about the type of players you could put around Kyrie where he'd be the star player and be able to succeed.

Now whether Kyrie can attract other people to play with him would be the question. Doesn't have to be superstar type talent though I don't believe. If KP continues to improve that's an excellent foundation and you build the role players around them.

You're expecting a microwaved situation to happen for the Knicks, I'm just not sure it's realistic to see them reaching bostons level within even two years. I think it's gonna take some time to build

In the east maybe, for the first round. But that's about the best I could think of with kyrie as the clear cut best player
Agreed. I just don't really see the route to him even making a conference finals unless he's with an all-star wing, or transcendent big like AD/KAT. Doesn't seem like that's what he wants.

You're expecting a microwaved situation to happen for the Knicks, I'm just not sure it's realistic to see them reaching bostons level within even two years. I think it's gonna take some time to build

In a LeBron less east I think it's very realistic. A top 3 seed is completely within the realm of possibility within 2 years.

In a LeBron less east I think it's very realistic. A top 3 seed is completely within the realm of possibility within 2 years.
I'm not even sure that team would be better than Philly in 2 years, let alone Celtics/Wizards/Bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom