Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bovada odds on where Kyrie will be for Game 1 of the season:
Cavs 1/1
Knick 3/1
Suns 5/1
Celtics 7/1

Bro the rate of "serious" injuries with Middle, High School, and College with Football is way higher than serious injuries found in any other sport.

What would it take for you (not you but ppl also in general) for people to say like, "Okay, this isn't a safe sport that should be played? Like how many kids have to break their necks before it become a real thing?

It's a violent sport. Everybody know that but I'm not bout to get on some high horse like the sport has to end. I love football. Players know the risk and they still love and play the sport. Some of these kids have no other way to make money other than football, just like basketball it's their way out. Football is like a religion in the south, it's big business. It's not dying. The NFL was wrong for hiding how serious head injuries are. All the information is out there now and college football is still boomin, NFL is still boomin. Football players won't stop playing the game.

Chauncey said he's not surprised. Said there's so much that everyone doesn't know about :lol:

Wow. This + him turning down that GM job speaks volumes on how this team will look this year & next.

It's a violent sport. Everybody know that but I'm not bout to get on some high horse like the sport has to end. I love football. Players know the risk and they still love and play the sport. Some of these kids have no other way to make money other than football, just like basketball it's their way out. Football is like a religion in the south, it's big business. It's not dying. The NFL was wrong for hiding how serious head injuries are. All the information is out there now and college football is still boomin, NFL is still boomin. Football players won't stop playing the game.

You missing my point. All of what you said I agree with :lol: I DONT think Football is stopping anytime soon.

I'll just leave it at this: For ME, there's been enough brain disease, broken necks, etc. especially from kids, that are derived directly from Football to suggest that it should be ended. Not that it will, but that it should be.

Concerns is one thing, saying get rid of the sport is another. At the end day football players now know the risk. The football players from the past have said if they had to do it over, they would still play.

that's the cte talking.

et tu young jeezy? et tu?

Reactions: HIM
What's crazy is the NFL gets bigger & bigger every single year. They're headed for $14 bil in revenue this year :lol:

They're an unstoppable force.

Football will never go away because for every person who is concerned about all of the negative effects it has on the brain, there are a million people who don't give a **** and just wanna watch their games and set their fantasy football lineups.

Football will never go away because for every person who is concerned about all of the negative effects it has on the brain, there are a million people who don't give a **** and just wanna watch their games and set their fantasy football lineups.
daily fanta$y

What's crazy is the NFL gets bigger & bigger every single year. They're headed for $14 bil in revenue this year :lol:

I don't know much about the NFLPA, but how do they consistently get shafted by the NFL? Why do they continue to get away with paying players so little

You missing my point. All of what you said I agree with :lol: I DONT think Football is stopping anytime soon.

I'll just leave it at this: For ME, there's been enough brain disease, broken necks, etc. especially from kids, that are derived directly from Football to suggest that it should be ended. Not that it will, but that it should be.

I'm not missing your point. You saying "Whats it gonna take for people to get rid of football"

And I'm telling you nothing. People will not stop playing and people will not stop watching.

Of the top 20 most watched games football was the first 13. A week 17 game had more viewers than Game 1 of the 2017 finals.

DFl7aslUIAEdwSn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom