Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing KD did that I didn't like and would've done differently, was not tell Russ. It was ****** up how he wasnt man enough to tell Russ to his face that he was leaving. After all they had been through, he's supposed to be your boy, yall were playin in Sonics jerseys together, you don't just leave like that and not at least invite him to dinner at your restaurant and tell him over some slightly overcooked steak and Napa valley wine.

That's worse than when I picked a girls birthday to text her and tell her I aint wanna speak to her anymore.

I'm still stuck on how LeBron didn't take the easy way out by going to Miami.

The reigning MVP leaves the #1 seed, to team up with the #2 SG in the league (Wade) and a top 8 PF (Bosh), weaken 2 Eastern Conference playoff teams (Cavs, Raptors) in the process, and had 9/5 Vegas odds to win in their 1st season. But it was hard because it was from the ground up? Kinda sounds like starting a business, with a "small" loan of a $1 million dollars.

KD and Bron did the same thing, their paths weren't the same. The way we talk about the Warriors dominating the West, is the same way we felt about the Heat and the East.

Lebron definitely took the easy way out which is why all the scrutiny on him though often outlandish is somewhat deserving. All he had to do was take the growing pain lumps us and the media were giving him and just persevere but he did something that showed how insecure he was which none of us really expected at the time. What he did however was totally different from the aspect of he created an identity for the Heat as soon as he joined and he was the alpha regardless of the fact that Wade had a ring already with the Heat. We all legitimately could say Lebron was better than Wade. KD on the other hand just joined in on Golden State's success and the leader of their success is not only better than KD but for a brief time the best player on the planet, a title that KD has never had and made an infamous sports illustrated cover because he's constantly considered 2nd best. Steph took his conference, took his title as the premier 3 point shooter, took over his reign, took the Larry O' Brien and took his rival (and actually beat him) and that didn't light a fire in KD? Someone who's been playing sports their whole life? Nah fam, KD trippin.

I just dont see how one can argue "73-9" didnt matter cause "no ring"

But turn around and say "rings dont matter"

If "rings dont matter" then that season is valid as ever.

Playoff record/finals record isn't taken into account when talking about regular season records, which GSW holds. Personal standards are another thing that people cling onto too much.

It's not personal standards if we've seen where the bar is set. The bulls 72 wins are impressive not just because they dominated the regular season it's because they won the whole thing. Everybody knew that it that in order to truly call the Warriors the best team ever that season they had to win the ring on top of winning more than 72 games. What the Warriors proved however is that rings do matter and the regular season does not.

Untitled.png
:lol:
Proved my point still not a playoff team

The one thing KD did that I didn't like and would've done differently, was not tell Russ. It was ****ed up how he wasnt man enough to tell Russ to his face that he was leaving. After all they had been through, he's supposed to be your boy, yall were playin in Sonics jerseys together, you don't just leave like that and not at least invite him to dinner at your restaurant and tell him over some slightly overcooked steak and Napa valley wine.

That's worse than when I picked a girls birthday to text her and tell her I aint wanna speak to her anymore.

This is how you know KD wasn't truly all the way comfortable with his decision. It's not like Russ was busting down his moms or something. Russ said he heard about it on TV?? Damn, who does that?? The basketball gods will punish him accordingly.

Im so over the he joined a talented team in this manner so its okay or why its not okay. Meh , this is the NBA . Go play with as much talent as you can. The teams that win chips have the most talent.you want to win chips, make or join the most talented teams. Doesn't matter how you do it.just do it

Im so over the he joined a talented team in this manner so its okay or why its not okay. Meh , this is the NBA . Go play with as much talent as you can. The teams that win chips have the most talent.you want to win chips, make or join the most talented teams. Doesn't matter how you do it.just do it

But it does matter how you do it. Why isn't Robert Horry considered better than Michael Jordan?

But it does matter how you do it. Why isn't Robert Horry considered better than Michael Jordan?
that's just a silly question my my man.
One is a person who has all time great accolades and averaged 30 plus a game and the other is a role player who averaged like 6 points a game. Its not because Robert chased titles that he isn't an all time great.

Sorry but I don't consider magic Johnson a real champ . He had to have James worthy and kareem to even win titles. His rings aren't valid. That's how silly the kd haters sound.

Last edited:
that's just a dumb question my my man.
It doesn't matter how you do it. One is a person who has all time great accolades and the other is a role player.

Sorry but I don't consider magic Johnson a real champ . He had to have James worthy and kareem to even win titles. His rings aren't valid. That's how silly the kd haters sound.
Not the same

OH Freezie Freeze.
From our (Lakersman and Killa and I) conversation, what you deduced is KD broke a moral code by signing with GSW?

This.....is your deduction?
What you came up with.....?

Man no lie, I almost crossed out your whole post and did the thing but no lie, I couldn't read past the first line.
I'm not sure what else it says.
I was caught at the "KD broke a moral code" deduction.
Heard that same exact argument from cowherd. Its not his thoughts he just jacked it.

OH Freezie Freeze.
From our (Lakersman and Killa and I) conversation, what you deduced is KD broke a moral code by signing with GSW?

This.....is your deduction?
What you came up with.....?

Man no lie, I almost crossed out your whole post and did the thing but no lie, I couldn't read past the first line.
I'm not sure what else it says.
I was caught at the "KD broke a moral code" deduction.

you literally spoke of morals in your example as to how you're the same as kd and how you're both human. You didn't say that if you work at one company and saw a better gig elsewhere you would lose sleep. You said that if you slept with a married woman you would lose sleep. Because, morals. You and kd clearly cut from the same polyester I guess.

Heard that same exact argument from cowherd. Its not his thoughts he just jacked it.

what argument? my argument? stop it. I'm as original as they come. i just thought of it before i typed it bruh. i dont listen to cowherd, at all, he likes bron too much for me and hates on curry and russ. its a good example, it makes sense if it was used before.

post up the cowherd vid though? show me what you're talking about

I spoke of Morals yes, in an example of how Me and KD or you and KD or us and Stars are the same, no different.
That example was to show Lakersman believed we are Mortal and KD/Superstars are Special, or not one in the same.

If that example said, "yea I'd lose sleep after sleeping with a Married Woman because I'm a Virgin" instead of "yea I'd lose sleep after sleeping with a Married woman because I have Morals", would you come in here and accuse me of saying KD lost his Virginity by going to GSW?

I mean...you just confused the....everything really.

what argument? my argument? stop it. I'm as original as they come. i just thought of it before i typed it bruh. i dont listen to cowherd, at all, he likes bron too much for me and hates on curry and russ. its a good example, it makes sense if it was used before.

post up the cowherd vid though? show me what you're talking about
it was a while ago. It was a opening monologue comparing himself moving from espn to fs1. Silicon valley as a hub for companies going there and profiting.

I spoke of Morals yes, in an example of how Me and KD or you and KD or us and Stars are the same, no different.
That example was to show Lakersman believed we are Mortal and KD/Superstars are Special, or not one in the same.

If that example said, "yea I'd lose sleep after sleeping with a Married Woman because I'm a Virgin" instead of "yea I'd lose sleep after sleeping with a Married woman because I have Morals", would you come in here and accuse me of saying KD lost his Virginity by going to GSW?

I mean...you just confused the....everything really.

Nah, you aren't going to pull that. Your whole post was connected. You also said 'his money and lifestyle does not excuse him from his conscience and struggling with issues like we do'. What issues exactly? People clowning him? When he came up short before, it was his HOMETOWN OKC newspaper that clowned him. You think he still cares about people roasting? Especially the twitter galaxy? He gets plenty of love too. And his conscience? The conscience is usually related to feelings of guilt and loss of way. The over stepping of ideals and beliefs, your morals and ethics. So...what about leaving one team to go to another should affect his conscience?

It seems more that okc fans have feelings of rejection and abandonment issues. It bothers yall that he left and even more so, it bothers yall that it doesnt bother him that he left.

it was a while ago. It was a opening monologue comparing himself moving from espn to fs1. Silicon valley as a hub for companies going there and profiting.

he's not on espn? he's on fs1? lol idk **** about him besides the youtube vids of him ranting. so he was talking about himself? or comparing himself moving to kd moving? so he didnt say snap to fb? so i didn't bite his lyrics is what you're saying?

on a side note, geez, espn losing everybody huh?

Trust me.
You just confused it all, really.

That example was obviously a few words too long.
We shouldn't even be discussing this.

But tbh, I think we are on such different pages at this point, it's going to be near impossible to get on the same page now (not in General just tonight)and discuss KD.

But long story short, all our conversation was, was this.

one side- KD doesn't care what people think of him
other side- yes he does, he's human

That simple.
That was it.

Now, you're taking a few words (morals)I used in an exmaple of "why KD is human" to try and say I'm saying he broke Moral code.
We aren't even in the same book bro.

But tbh, I think we are on such different pages at this point, it's going to be near impossible to get on the same page now and discuss KD.

But long story short, all our conversation was, was this.

one side- KD doesn't care what people think of him
other side- yes he does, he's human

That simple.
That was it.

i guess the question is, why do you think he cares? I mean dude is a grown man now. There comes a point in every mans life, regardless of wealth and prestige where you accept the fact that not everybody is gonna like you or rock with your decisions. You gotta do you. What makes you think him going to gsw isnt the first indication that he's clearly doing him and waving off the gnats?

Him caring what yall think so much, he would've resigned with yall to avoid the backlash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom