Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sucks for Beterbiev he's in the worst spot. Hasn't made much money in the sport, probably a little past his prime, and can't get a fight.

Is that Linares v Lomachenko fight worth going to ? I want to see my first fight sometime this year

Lomachenko has been absurdly dominant lately but his activity level makes the fights enjoyable IMO.

Saw this on Instagram

B9A2C6E0-C91C-42A6-9321-022F7B4A2684.jpeg

Sounds like fat dan is pretty positive this fight isnt happening in may.

Andrade said hes willing to be a replacement, and imo i wouldnt mind that too much.

I knew May 5th wasn't going to happen. They will fight again eventually but that only works against GGG, whether Canelo is on the juice or not. Father time is undefeated.

The silver lining out of all this is that Clenelita will probably throw a ***** fit about getting suspended by NSAC and get the fight moved to TX in September. Atmosphere will be better and I'm sure tickets to JerryWorld or NRG will be easier to come by for the average fight fan.

If it really falls through, I hope they don’t fight again. Canelo is tarnished and should’ve lost the first fight anyway.

Golovkin is better off unifying the last title and retiring. Everybody is brave now that he’s 35 and on the way to losing a step.
I'm sure he wants another big payday, who else can get him that?

With few exceptions, heavyweights are the only boxers that can fight into 40s.

I’m a big fan of Golovkin and enjoy watching him fight. Walkforward fighters are exciting, but it takes a toll on them down the road even if it doesn’t show while they’re active. Golovkin hasn’t ever looked hurt and he has a great chin, but he takes some huge shots every fight. Only way he can fight til 40 is if he changes his style up and I don’t think the casual fans would want to see it.

Bad all around.
Has there been any mention of the amount of clen found in his system??

I posted this a little while back, but it’s a good read.

Interesting read over on Boxing Scene about the levels of Clen Canelo tested for in comparison to other athletes suspended by WADA. Apparently, his levels were ~10 times higher than those being punished by WADA and they’re still writing it off as accidental.

I'm sure he wants another big payday, who else can get him that?

No one.

Tom was comparing this to Pac-JMM and saying he could see this going 3-5 fights :lol:. At the very least I think we're going to get one more fight, and honestly if the second one doesn't end in KO, probably two.

Last edited:
I dont want to see this fight or Canelo fight ever again. its clear as day whats going on at golden boy. the last 2 fighters to get caught were golden boy. end of story.

Back
Top Bottom