Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yeah, he's not big at all. My wife was stunned that was him. I remember the first time i saw him, I didnt even notice him. Just looked like a regular euro dude rocking the vneck with loafers/no socks. Than i saw him at my sons school and was like thats GGG! I waited outside before i headed off to work for like a week to see him walk his son to school again, but didnt see him until like a month later when i was bbq'ing. Good ole BBQ got him to stop by and say what's up.

He's pretty ripped right now. I knew he was done with fight preparation when i saw him and his son riding around the neighborhood in Byrd scooters with no helmet this weekend, going full speed. No F's given. Feel for him. He's been away from wife and kids for weeks and then bam, preparations for nothing. Thats messed up. He's a good Dad.

Thats awesome, ggg sounds like the good humble dude he comes across as. I really feel for him not being able to earn like he should. Its not fair at all

I can't even say I'm surprised by this Canelo BS. The guy (and Golden Boy) has bent HBO & the sport to his every whim throughout his career (like his constant gatdam Canelo-weight fights), and it was just a matter of time til he got caught doing something that would bury him. I wish there was a huge payout clause in these contracts where if a fighter gets dinged on PEDs or another major infraction he has to pay a *huge* fee to the other fighter out of his own (or his promotion's) pocket. Like if you miss weight, but much more severe. Seven-figures. Especially for an economic boon like a megafight like this.

Sucks for GGG. Sucks for MGM. Sucks for Vegas. Sucks for HBO. Sucks for fight fans.

F Canelo.

sure. I'm not a huge boxing guy so i always struggle to make small talk with his sport. We always end up talking about kids. You don't understand how hard it is for me to not fan out! I'm trying to keep my cool so he doesnt think i'm just another dude who jocks him

Talked to him about Mayweather doing MMA and he laughed and said he's not a smart one but he's rich so he can do "vatever" he wants.
I completely understand. It wouldn't even make sense to bring it out of left field, it would have to flow with the conversation. I wouldn't want to jeopardize your friendship with him. It's just a headscratcher because he's always 165 at the 30 day weigh-ins. Even welterweights like Spence and Thurman weigh more than him walking around in the 170's. GGG should've been able to make 154 easily especially in his younger days and would've became a bigger star.

Thats awesome, ggg sounds like the good humble dude he comes across as. I really feel for him not being able to earn like he should. Its not fair at all
Very humble guy. I always respect the dads who take their kids to school. I try to do it a couple of times a month and can’t sometimes. He does it everyday and picks up.

Speak of the devil, looks like the wife got a brand new Range Rover with all the bells and whistles.

I completely understand. It wouldn't even make sense to bring it out of left field, it would have to flow with the conversation. I wouldn't want to jeopardize your friendship with him. It's just a headscratcher because he's always 165 at the 30 day weigh-ins. Even welterweights like Spence and Thurman weigh more than him walking around in the 170's. GGG should've been able to make 154 easily especially in his younger days and would've became a bigger star.

If I had to take a guess he probably felt like he would be draining himself to make that weight and wouldn't be as strong. Everyone knows GGG is very disciplined and probably knows his body very well. He seems comfortable to stay at 160 and he probably feels mentally strong there too.

Just cancelled my trip to Vegas for the fight.

I'll save it for that September date cause we know that's whats going to happen.

^
Yeah, but I just don't see any other Mexican fighters that can get you that kind of turn out.
Zurdo doesn't have that kind of pull yet, but if you throw a name like JCC Jr in there with him.....then maybe, and that's a big maybe, La raza has gave up on Jr awhile ago.

^
Yeah, but I just don't see any other Mexican fighters that can get you that kind of turn out.
Zurdo doesn't have that kind of pull yet, but if you throw a name like JCC Jr in there with him.....then maybe, and that's a big maybe, La raza has gave up on Jr awhile ago.
Of course he doesn't yet. But I'm saying a Mexican fighter who isn't up there yet, should take advantage now that the date is open. It doesn't have to be a tough fight and it won't sell 1 million+ PPV's, it could be a tuneup just to get his name out there.

Damn that was a good fight. But I think I noticed Showtime is showing tonight as opposed to the live UK version so I won't spoil.

Back
Top Bottom