**OFFICIAL** 2018 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Looking at my 2 player keeper league free agent pool for this weekend.

Some good names in the pool; hence why I'm only keeping 1.

Odell
David Johnson
Hopkins
Michael Thomas
Keenan Allen
AJ Green
Kelce
Mike Evans

Without knowing the rest of my team, would you trade away Will Fuller for Ronald Jones. I have Peyton barber, and just wanna handcuff him. Or do y’all see barber sticking around as an all down back

Keelan Cole went undrafted in one of my leagues :nerd:. Waivers clear tomorrow morning. Gonna put a nice bid on him. Will have to drop DJ Moore though who I like as a rookie breakout candidate.

Without knowing the rest of my team, would you trade away Will Fuller for Ronald Jones. I have Peyton barber, and just wanna handcuff him. Or do y’all see barber sticking around as an all down back
No shot. Handcuffs often just end up being a wasted roster spot for far too long while you wait for something to happen. I do like Jones over Barber long term this season, but I wouldn't give up Will Fuller for him.

Full-point PPR, rank 'em:

CMC
Hunt
Gordon
Fournette
Cook

:nerd:

I think I'll have a chance at one of them at pick 11 and/or 14 (snake).

CMC
Hunt
Gordon
Fournette
Cook

I'd go Gordon, CMC, Hunt, Fournette, Cook in that scenario. I'm pretty worried about how good latavius murray has been in the preseason.

Hunt and CMC are pretty interchangeable for me in full point PPR

Last edited:
I'd go Gordon, CMC, Hunt, Fournette, Cook in that scenario. I'm pretty worried about how good latavius murray has been in the preseason.

Hunt and CMC are pretty interchangeable for me in full point PPR

As the days pass I'm leaning CMC over Gordon :emoji_worried: . I had Hunt last season so I may want to just switch it up. Fournette & Cook I'm nervous on injuries.

I think at 11 I need to go WR + RB. Thoughts there?

Jay Ajayi still dealing with some type of “lower body injury” and not practicing.

Pls baby jesus tell me he’s going to miss some time after I drafted Corey Clement in both my leagues

CMC
Hunt
Gordon
Fournette
Cook

Hunt
CMC
^^ In their own tier imo.

Gordon
Fournette
Cook
^^^ These guys are all interchangeable imo. Slight edge to Gordon due to pass game volume and track record.

As the days pass I'm leaning CMC over Gordon :emoji_worried: . I had Hunt last season so I may want to just switch it up. Fournette & Cook I'm nervous on injuries.

I think at 11 I need to go WR + RB. Thoughts there?

Probably michael thomas or keenan allen. I tend to stay away from keenan allen given his injury history, but when he is healthy he has the ability to be a top 3 receiver in fantasy.

CMC's line and CJ Anderson worries the hell out of me. I dont think CJ Anderson will take away much work for CMC, but I could see him getting goal line touches and taking away some of the really valuable carries.

They let Norwell walk, Daryl Williams tore his MCL, Matt Kahlil (who has been bad over the last couple years anyways) just had a knee scope, and apparently one of their guards is recovering from a torn meniscus. The meniscus and knee scope wont probably cause more than a month to two months of time to be missed, but thats 80% of CMC's line that is just not there right now. On top of that, he was really bad last year running the ball with a good line. He will still probably get his same 80 or so receptions, but they also have more weapons coming back so he may not even get that target share either. Very rarely do running backs grab a 16% receiving share of their back field so I have some concerns that he will replicate that same performance from last year.

Thats a **** load of unknowns to me for a guy being taken in the second round. First 3 rounds I want someone who is going to be a damn near sure thing unless they are injured.

That's my take on CMC though. I had him on my do not draft list in standard leagues for the reasons above. Obviously full point per reception changes that quite a bit.

Melvin Gordon and Kareem Hunt have better upside and value to me.

What most people miss is the gigantic workload that Gordon gets every year. Dude had 350+ touches last year. CMC isnt built for that type of workload.

Appreciate all the CMC/other RB thoughts fellas.

Jay Ajayi still dealing with some type of “lower body injury” and not practicing.

Pls baby jesus tell me he’s going to miss some time after I drafted Corey Clement in both my leagues

I love/hate that my draft is set for 9/5. Love it because all rosters will be finalized, hate it because there goes the potential to grab a "sleeper". Example, you already drafted and took Clement. Probably took him late too. For arguments sake, if Ajayi is ruled out for WK1, Clement will be taken way earlier than planned by anyone.

Yeah drafting early can be both a gift and a curse. I don't mind having a draft or two early because like you said there are some steals to be had. I got Kareem Hunt last year in like the 9th round before Spencer Ware got hurt. Ended up winning that league.

Guys in FAAB leagues, what's a good % of your budget you'd risk on Keelan Cole? We start out with $100 in my league but due to keeping Kamara I'm already down to $90. I'm thinking of doing something between 10-15.

Back
Top Bottom