Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like this offseason should favor the Dodgers logically regarding free agency because a lot of decent names are on the market and should come cheap which somewhat plays into the way Andrew Friedman operates by being cheap.

There's a good market with pitchers particularly which Dodgers still need to really fortify their championship repeat bid. Their weakness has been backend starting and relief pitching for years now. Yes I'm happy they finally won, but that bullpen has been problematic.

If Dodgers can get Brad Hand cheap, they need to take him and make him the primary closer because Kenley Jansen hasn't been viable after 2017 season. I think there's also decent middle relief help that can be acquired cheap too.

Masahiro Tanaka would be a good no. 4 starter Dodgers could add to go along with projected starters Walker Buehler, Clayton Kershaw, and David Price if he comes cheap. Tanaka with Dodgers in 2021 would be an awesome full circle because they failed to get him from Japan in 2014 when Yankees outbid them.

The way Kelly dissected Major League Baseball's plan when it came to keeping the postseason players isolated in the Dallas-area hotel was telling.

"It wasn’t called the bubble. It was called the secure zone for people who don’t know," he said. "We were at a nice hotel, a beautiful hotel in Las Colinas and there is a golf course there and I happened to have a room, a villa, on the 18th green, which is pretty crazy because it’s a secure zone but my room I would say is no more than 20 yards from the green it’s still open to the public. So it’s a bubble except golfers are hitting golf balls next to my window and then crossing the secure zone tape line. People are yelling at them and the golfers are yelling back saying, ‘No, I’m going to get my ball.’ It wasn’t as secure as one might think because like I said there was still a golf course open to the public 20 yards away from us every single day.

"We weren’t allowed to play golf according to the rules and the tiers, but I saw a lot of golf clubs in the hotel. I know for facts that people staying in the hotel were playing golf that weren’t baseball players. It was media. It was on-field talents. Umpires. They were still allowed to play golf, but we weren’t because apparently the coronavirus knows baseball players should get it more than PR and hotel staff and umpires. It’s a smart virus."

He added, "It doesn’t make sense. Hotel staff say they come deliver room service. They’re supposed to leave it at the door and numerous times they come in the room and deliver your food and these hotel staff members go home every single day to their family and not stay at the hotel so how is it a secure zone or bubble?

"Yeah, we got lucky I feel like. If we weren’t aware as players to try and stay away from getting it and we let our guard down I’m sure it could have been more than just one."

I don't want to excuse what JT did because it was pretty damn irresponsible, but the whole "bubble" was a farce and they knew it. Why even go to Texas which has ****** corona policy? to show off the shiny new stadium at the cost of the players/staff? Manfred is an *******.

A1B3E54E-2BE3-4170-B545-5512D43FB291.png

Any idea where to get these jerseys with this patch?

It seems like more and more good or decent names keep becoming free daily this offseason.

I just hope Dodgers & Andrew Friedman don't remain stagnant by not acquiring some good cheap labor for the 2021 season. They can get some good veterans cheap, particularly with a surplus of starting and relief pitchers out there now.

I would definitely like for the Dodgers to get Trevor Bauer because they need another dominant right-handed starting pitcher to fortify that rotation for a repeat bid. But I don't think it's realistic because he won't come cheap. They already have money tied up in cornerstones like Clayton Kershaw & Mookie Betts. And they'll have to pay their younger stars within the next few years too.

Where do y’all stand on Stroman, Bauer, Tanaka, etc?

Price being inserted into the rotation next season is nice, but it would be great to have 4 solid starters. In regards to the pen, I feel like Treinen will be gone so I’m interested to see what they have planned.

I think they’re gonna ride with

Kershaw
Buehler
Urias
Price
May/Gonsolin.

I’d be surprised if they got a starter from FA.
Where do y’all stand on Stroman, Bauer, Tanaka, etc?

Price being inserted into the rotation next season is nice, but it would be great to have 4 solid starters. In regards to the pen, I feel like Treinen will be gone so I’m interested to see what they have planned.

I just hope they bolster the pen. Closer should be bazooka, lefties are covered. Just gotta add some quality arms. Need that shut down arm for sure.

I just hope they bolster the pen. Closer should be bazooka, lefties are covered. Just gotta add some quality arms. Need that shut down arm for sure.
i dont think hes's ready to be the closer
he needs a 3rd pitch

unless treinen resigns, i see it being closer by committee to start the season

Dodgers have been good at converting back end rotation arms to pen pieces the past couple of seasons. Although results haven't been 100% great (see May/Gonsolin this year) they've had some success with that strategy (Stripling/Maeda in the past and Urias this postseason). If they don't sign Hand, Hendriks, or re-sign Treinen then that means the FO is sticking with that formula. End of the day it makes sense with Price coming back.

I'm convinced Joc is gone but I wish they'd really give Enrique a deal, he was so good with the glove at different positions and I still believe in his bat despite the down year.

Dodgers have been good at converting back end rotation arms to pen pieces the past couple of seasons. Although results haven't been 100% great (see May/Gonsolin this year) they've had some success with that strategy (Stripling/Maeda in the past and Urias this postseason). If they don't sign Hand, Hendriks, or re-sign Treinen then that means the FO is sticking with that formula. End of the day it makes sense with Price coming back.

I'm convinced Joc is gone but I wish they'd really give Enrique a deal, he was so good with the glove at different positions and I still believe in his bat despite the down year.

Agree. Very sad about Joc. Hope something happens and he stays but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom