Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thing, if the WNBA isn't about making money, but rather it is about securing good PR for the league and making them look progressive on women issues, then I would argue you need to pay them well enough so it doesn't like like you are treating them like pure dog ****.

Otherwise it generates bad publicity and defeats the whole purpose.

I would recommend the NBA either pay them more, or give them fancier perks to keep em happy, im preeety sure they can get good rates, on hotel and plane tickets.

A 23 year old barbershop boy told me Larry Bird would be Ryan Anderson recently. Aside from the fact that Ryno and Bird are NOTHING alike and Ryno has been a near 20ppg guy in this NBA and MIP....

I had to explain how KD is a modern day Bird. Or show them the elite athletes (Michael Coop, Moncreif, Pip, Nique etc) that Bird cooked....Dudes still couldn’t see it :emoji_face_palm:. The concept of generational players being good in any era gets lost on some. Same type of dudes to double back and tell me how Steph couldn’t play back then.....Then I mention Mark Price.....and the convo gets dumber :lol:.
Price is #1 on my all time list, tell me what is said about him?

U think so?

U saying Pip was no better than a current PG?

3 of the top wings are 3 of the 4 best players in the league “KD..Bron...Kawhi”
Price is #1 on my all time list, tell me what is said about him?

Dudes know nothing about price. Had a ***** tell me wade was the Split P&R gawd. Had to let him know Wade the reject screen king...and Price set the blueprint for splitting P&R.

Pretty much...They don’t know Price was an All Star/All NBA guard in the 90s who did it with skill and efficency on a good volume. To them....guys like that didn’t exist in the 90s because it was too “tough”. I always bring Price up in discussions with old or young barbershop boyz who say Steph was too soft to play in the 90s.

3 of the top wings are 3 of the 4 best players in the league “KD..Bron...Kawhi”

Dudes know nothing about price. Had a ***** tell me wade was the Split P&R gawd. Had to let him know Wade the reject screen king...and Price set the blueprint for splitting P&R.

Pretty much...They don’t know Price was an All Star/All NBA guard in the 90s who did it with skill and efficency on a good volume. To them....guys like that didn’t exist in the 90s because it was too “tough”. I always bring Price up in discussions with old or young barbershop boyz who say Steph was too soft to play in the 90s.
Is Klaw that much better than Prime Pip?

Pip better athlete and passer by far

Everything else is a wash Imo

Random viewing fpr the night

Texas folks, is TJ Ford the most important recruit of the semi-modern era? During a time right after Ricky Williams helped Texas FB gain national popularity, TJ camr right in and did the same.

Anyway, Gilbert's podcast and his talk about OREGON made me want to go back and watch Ridnour/Jones/Jackson

Here's the thing, if the WNBA isn't about making money, but rather it is about securing good PR for the league and making them look progressive on women issues, then I would argue you need to pay them well enough so it doesn't like like you are treating them like pure dog ****.

Otherwise it generates bad publicity and defeats the whole purpose.

I would recommend the NBA either pay them more, or give them fancier perks to keep em happy, im preeety sure they can get good rates, on hotel and plane tickets.

I don't get why the buck is being passed to the league on this one, I don't like it either. There's flat out not enough interest in the wnba. It wouldn't matter if they got more media coverage, people just don't care. It's like a pro bowler complaining he doesn't get paid as much as LeBron and demanding more respect. It's absurd

I remember a couple rockets fans saying yall could live without ariza but the loss of both him and mah boute would be devestating. Then yall lost both and signed Micheal Carter Williams and all a sudden it was all good :lol:

I don't get why the buck is being passed to the league on this one, I don't like it either. There's flat out not enough interest in the wnba. It wouldn't matter if they got more media coverage, people just don't care. It's like a pro bowler complaining he doesn't get paid as much as LeBron and demanding more respect. It's absurd

yeah but they aren't paid based on interest, they are paid based on positive PR they generate.

If the public, specifically women think the WNBA women are being treated poorly and are actually a representation of the NBAs sexism, then the whole point of the WNBA is defeated, you should just shut the whole thing down.

but if you want good pr, from women, you probably should just pay them enough to stop them from complaining.

Random viewing fpr the night

Texas folks, is TJ Ford the most important recruit of the semi-modern era? During a time right after Ricky Williams helped Texas FB gain national popularity, TJ camr right in and did the same.

Anyway, Gilbert's podcast and his talk about OREGON made me want to go back and watch Ridnour/Jones/Jackson

idk if he's the most important recruit but he's a Longhorn legend for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom