Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But they're not being treated poorly tho, they're being treated accordingly. Public perception aside, where is the money to pay them more supposed to come from? And at that point how much is 'good' pr even worth when you're that deep in the hole just to put on airs. The whole thing should be shut down because it's not profitable if anything

1. it's about the public perception of women, not what you think.
2. The NBA got lots of money, plus the arenas would be empty anyways.
3. It's not about profits, clearly it's worth something, because the NBA keeps this thing running.

strictly hoops talk, she's the third best player on her team

dewanna Bonner been killing
On the subject I fully expect them to get washed by Seattle, Breanna Stewart is the embodiment of the "I'm tired of losing" narrative that people always try and create in sports

but Brittney griner really be out here shirtless on these streets

Bro...you ever see Brittney griner shirtless??? She did a snap topless once and that **** got reposted on Twitter...bruhhhhh.. Built like Dhalsim body looking boy

You finna go Google it aintchu...nasty *** hahaha

1. it's about the public perception of women, not what you think.
2. The NBA got lots of money, plus the arenas would be empty anyways.
3. It's not about profits, clearly it's worth something, because the NBA keeps this thing running.

Lol you can't just feed into people's ignorance and let them pressure you into making a stupid decision. The same people incorrectly assuming that they aren't treated fairly are the same ones who don't watch or support the product anyway, so who cares what they really think. There was a time when nobody cared about the NBA either, nobody gave them any handouts. The whole thing just reeks of entitlement

Lol you can't just feed into people's ignorance and let them pressure you into making a stupid decision. The same people incorrectly assuming that they aren't treated fairly are the same ones who don't watch or support the product anyway, so who cares what they really think. There was a time when nobody cared about the NBA either, nobody gave them any handouts. The whole thing just reeks of entitlement

If that's what you would do that's cool, im just following the NBA's logic.

If I was running the NBA, i'd just give em some nicer, planes, or better hotels, or bump the salaries, and move on. I think it's a good look for the NBA to subsidize a women's league, and giving them s lil extra bread keeps em happy, and keeps the PR good, I think it's worth it,

NBA got lots of money.

On the subject I fully expect them to get washed by Seattle, Breanna Stewart is the embodiment of the "I'm tired of losing" narrative that people always try and create in sports

the mercury make jewell Lloyd look unreal too.

Seattle is washing the mystics easy and really washing the dream

But they aren’t being treated as peers which is why Griner went down this route

I don't think that makes it acceptable when in reality they are(peers). She went further than calling out our "keyboard warriors" and chose mediocre players by name.

To say she's wrong isn't sexist, we made the same fuss when Wall made his comments about Reggie Jackson

wait the WNBA players get only 30% of the league revenues?, nah NBA can easily bump that up.

just do it, and they'll be quiet.

But they're not being treated poorly tho, they're being treated accordingly. Public perception aside, where is the money to pay them more supposed to come from? And at that point how much is 'good' pr even worth when you're that deep in the hole just to put on airs. The whole thing should be shut down because it's not profitable if anything

These same arguments used be made about Women's tennis years ago. Then 9 women decided to take a stand, and you fast forward to this year and the 4 Grand Slam winners will earn more than every WNBA player combined.

You can't expect other people to take your product seriously if you don't.

If that's what you would do that's cool, im just following the NBA's logic.

If I was running the NBA, i'd just give em some nicer, planes, or better hotels, or bump the salaries, and move on. I think it's a good look for the NBA to subsidize a women's league, and giving them s lil extra bread keeps em happy, and keeps the PR good, I think it's worth it,

NBA got lots of money.

I think that's incredibly stupid but whatever. I just watched that bomani vid and realized you're parroting him. Carry on

I think that's incredibly stupid but whatever. I just watched that bomani vid and realized you're parroting him. Carry on
actually just watched it like 30 seconds ago, thats how i figured out they only make 30% of league revanue.

im not parroting anyone, I'm simply trying to explain to you in a nice way that you fundamentally don't understand the purpose of the WNBA and the reason it exist in, rather you to continue to postulate the incredibly lame and dumb take. "wELL AKSHUalY, thEY sHould Be hApp to gEt pAiD at All"

guess what? things are a little bit more complex than simple profit/loss calculations, the NBA isn't a lemonade stand.

These same arguments used be made about Women's tennis years ago. Then 9 women decided to take a stand, and you fast forward to this year and the 4 Grand Slam winners will earn more than every WNBA player combined.

You can't expect other people to take your product seriously if you don't.

Explain this to me please. Had women's tennis been bleeding money since it's inception? Was it relying on assistance from a more popular league? When you say take a stand it makes it sound like the powers that be are withholding their earnings for them and they have to fight for their fair share. That's not the case at all in the wnba.

Again I point to the NBA. We joke about guys playing against day laborers and going home after games to deliver newspapers. Guess what, WNBA? You are here. Your league has barely been around two decades and you want the same respect as a league that had to work it's way up to this point after 72 years. Sorry but no. There was a point where NBAers had to fly commercial too with regular people. Why? Because they were regular people. They weren't world famous household names. They had to earn that

Why should any WNBA player be "grateful"? They provide a service, the NBA pays for it.

The NBA uses the WNBA as female empowerment meat shields and promotional mascots, the idea that they don't have the right to agitate for better pay is soooooooo stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom