Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
WNBA existing = more girls play basketball = more women are interested in following and watching the NBA when they are adults

WNBA is a great way to penetrate the female market place, and I think it's a better investment, than jersey dreses, or pink throwbacks. :lol:

I think the NBA benefits from the WNBA in a way that suggest that they should be paid and treated 'better.'

I mean, the fact that the WNBA is still around suggest that there's some inherent value that the NBA sees in the WNBA. From gaining female fans, at one point having NBA arenas open in the summer was a huge reason the league was still around, (But half of the league doesn't play in NBA arenas anymore, making this far less valuable) etc.

That being said, trying to figure out how much of an uptick in pay would be tough, seeing as how they hemorrhage so much money. It's just hard to quantify how valuable the WNBA is to the NBA. I don't even think the WNBA players know.

It's a product that's growing though. They got a huge jump this year in viewership and engagement and players jumping off the top rope about getting paid only helps the conversation.

Was a decent pod

They think the Knicks will def end up with a star next summer

For now they think Klay is staying put because he "isn't searching for anything". Especially if they straight away offer him a max

Kinda hoping GSW burns down and Klay and Leonard end up with either of the LA teams.

Also from Woj-

“I still would take Boston against the rest of the field [in Kyrie Irving’s free agency next summer]because I still think, in the end, there comes a moment of truth when you look around and you have to make a decision about somewhere else. And when you really start inspecting the questions that are in almost any other circumstance you’d go to, you’d say, ‘Boy, it looks pretty good here.”

Never really bought Kyrie dipping. Especially for the Knicks.

I don't care if he has New York tatted on his face...I'd like to think for him to dip from a great team where he is "the man"...it'd take a helluva lot more than the prospect of playing with Porzingis and possibly 30 year old Jimmy Butler.

Was a decent pod

They think the Knicks will def end up with a star next summer

For now they think Klay is staying put because he "isn't searching for anything". Especially if they straight away offer him a max

Kinda hoping GSW burns down and Klay and Leonard end up with either of the LA teams.

I'm a big believer in Free Agents in the prime of their careers not going to teams that were trash the previous year. That makes it really hard for me to see Kawhi / A "big fish" to go to LAC next summer. The Clips have a murderous start to the season that could do them in before the 20 game mark. If they don't win 36ish games, getting a Kawhi level FA is going to be tough.

They are in excellent position to have the most cap space in the league next summer, which could pave the way for multiple max guys to come together, which would drastically change the appeal of the Clips to Free Agents so we'll see.

I don't care if he has New York tatted on his face...I'd like to think for him to dip from a great team where he is "the man"...it'd take a helluva lot more than the prospect of playing with Porzingis and possibly 30 year old Jimmy Butler.

Negro it's not what makes the most sense , it's the place he feels comfortable . He already played in the Finals a few times anyway.

Last edited:
Listening to the Dunc'd pod, how high level of a role player can James Nunnally be for the TWolves?

I think they can get 50 this year, should match at least 47. If Butler can play 70+ freakin games for once. With Butler in, albeit 59 games, they were actually exceptional

As a playoff team, I have little to no faith in them advancing past the second round

Explain this to me please. Had women's tennis been bleeding money since it's inception? Was it relying on assistance from a more popular league? When you say take a stand it makes it sound like the powers that be are withholding their earnings for them and they have to fight for their fair share. That's not the case at all in the wnba.

To your first couple of questions, yea, those same points were being made against paying the women their fair share.

My stance on this is the same as my stance was when L3-6ron had the entire NBA fan base spouting that whole "take a paycut if you want to win" crap. Profitability is front office/management concern, not a talent's concern. If you own a lemonade stand and OBJ says he wants an endorsement deal with you, you are going to find a way to pay him what he wants. Period. And after you do, you will turn around and focus on how turn a profit from that endorsement.

Just took a closer look at the over/unders.. Chicago is at 27.5? Unless they suffer a season ending injury I feel like that's a lock to be over

Just took a closer look at the over/unders.. Chicago is at 27.5? Unless they suffer a season ending injury I feel like that's a lock to be over
Yeah that definitely seems low. Magic, Cavs, Knicks, and Nets all have higher totals. Hawks the only team with a lower one in the East. Chicago should be better than all 5 of those teams if they stay somewhat healthy.

Yeah that definitely seems low. Magic, Cavs, Knicks, and Nets all have higher totals. Hawks the only team with a lower one in the East. Chicago should be better than all 5 of those teams if they stay somewhat healthy.
The Knicks at 29.5? Breh, someone gotta have guts to take the over

I think Brooklyn can beat 32.5

Knicks are going to be atrocious if Porzingis has to miss time.

Absolute best case scenario for Porzingis coming back is Christmas & even then we'd be too far in the hole to salvage the season.

The beat writers are saying he'll be on a 25 minute restriction for the season no matter when he comes back, too.

I'd normally agree with you but we know Kyrie is a little...different.

Absolute best case scenario for Porzingis coming back is Christmas & even then we'd be too far in the hole to salvage the season.

The beat writers are saying he'll be on a 25 minute restriction for the season no matter when he comes back, too.
Yikes. Might need to put their Under in ASAP...

I hate NBA media.

This is nothing more than an opinion but it'll make the rounds tomorrow as if it is some type of fact.

"Next up, how does Kawhi fit with Los Angeles....and which Los Angeles? Stay tuned to hear from our experts."

What are you talking about? Kawhi and his team want him to go to LA. This isn't some media creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom