Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
what about maya moore

is skylar diggins a top player? griner? kelsey plum?

Maya Moore is still top 10. Griner too. Aja wilson who will win ROY is a problem. She doesn’t shoot 3s but would be a 25 ppg player if she ever does. I’d say Diggins is in the top 10-15

Kelsey plum starting putting it together late but she’s had to adjust. The thing with the WNBA is there are only 12 teams so it’s really the best of the best. Lottery picks wash out every season

Last edited:
Why should any WNBA player be "grateful"? They provide a service, the NBA pays for it.

The NBA uses the WNBA as female empowerment meat shields and promotional mascots, the idea that they don't have the right to agitate for better pay is soooooooo stupid.

You just want to completely overlook the fact that there's no money in the wnba and that's cool. You're arguing that even tho there's no money they should be paid more because it's about PR. And I'm arguing that there shouldn't be a business in the first place that exists only to lose money and for 'good' PR. I'd even argue that it would be better for the game if the league collapsed rather than to pretend like people are really interested in a failing product

Last edited:

Currently watching.

On the college level, at the PG position, Marcus Banks is one of the most intimidating on ball defenders I have ever seen.

He was so aggressive, quick, strong and his timing was so on point

Why should any WNBA player be "grateful"? They provide a service, the NBA pays for it.

The NBA uses the WNBA as female empowerment meat shields and promotional mascots, the idea that they don't have the right to agitate for better pay is soooooooo stupid.
If you argue it that way, couldn’t one argue that the NBA is actually doing them a favor by providing them an avenue to play pro basketball in USA? Sounds messed up I know, but trying to have an actual discussion about this. I get the whole image and empowerment angle, but one could argue the other point too

On the college level, at the PG position, Marcus Banks is one of the most intimidating on ball defenders I have ever seen.

He was so aggressive, quick, strong and his timing was so on point

I got into an animated discussion with a Las Vegas cab driver about Banks in 2003

If you argue it that way, couldn’t one argue that the NBA is actually doing them a favor by providing them an avenue to play pro basketball in USA? Sounds messed up I know, but trying to have an actual discussion about this. I get the whole image and empowerment angle, but one could argue the other point too

Maybe but why would you expect a WNBA player to see it this way?

point is the NBA get benefits from the WNBA that go beyond the profits and losses. These benefits are difficult to quantify so natrually WNBA players are going try and agitate for as much as possible, they certainly don't have to be grateful.

never mind things like, consistent summer dates, for difficult to book empty arenas.

Maybe but why would you expect a WNBA player to see it this way?

point is the NBA get benefits from the WNBA that go beyond the profits and losses. These benefits are difficult to quantify so natrually WNBA players are going try and agitate for as much as possible, they certainly don't have to be grateful.

never mind things like, consistent summer dates, for difficult to book empty arenas.

This America fam. Don't **** go beyond profits and losses

Maya Moore is still top 10. Griner too. Aja wilson who will win ROY is a problem. She doesn’t shoot 3s but would be a 25 ppg player if she ever does. I’d say Diggins is in the top 10-15

Kelsey plum starting putting it together late but she’s had to adjust. The thing with the WNBA is there are only 12 teams so it’s really the best of the best. Lottery picks wash out every.
aja the #1 pick from south carolina right? think i've heard of her lol

what about that girl from oregon? ionescu? she gonna be nice? doesn't she have the record for most triple doubles or something?

aja the #1 pick from south carolina right? think i've heard of her lol

what about that girl from oregon? ionescu? she gonna be nice? doesn't she have the record for most triple doubles or something?

Aja wilson from SC.

The second player, I don’t know who you’re talking about. But Courtney Vandersloot had 2 triple doubles this season.

I said , he shoots too much and has crazy shot selection to make an easy transition to the NBA . The cab driver said , he watched every game he played and he didn't have a lot of help most of the time in college.

This America fam. Don't **** go beyond profits and losses
untrue, it does all the time.

Washing Post has been a money losing operation, jeff bezos bought because it's a prestigious institution and he feels in has important civic value.

Steve Balmer paid way too much for the dusty *** clippers, but did it becuase, it's way more fun being the owner of the clippers than being, random billionaire, golfing the final year of your life away at an overpriced country club.

optics/marketing have value.

Ill imma leave yALL with the words, of Denzel Washington in training day.

"THE **** IS CHESS NOT CHECKERS"

think a little deeper.

Ok so the NBA helps double their salary and upgrade the amenities, the league continues to lose money and the righteous fans who are so concerned about them being treated unfairly still don't support the product. Checkmate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom