Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All 2011 Bulls jokes aside, I think Luol Deng is worth taking a flyer on. That is, if Thibbs plays him primarily at PF. He played decent at PF in Miami, but he played SF primarily in Los Angeles and it was a disaster because he couldn't shoot well enough and he's lost a step around the perimeter.

He was a disaster at the 3 in Miami as well, Lu's washed but I don't think he's that washed. Better teams like OKC/Rok's should have gave him a shot

Y’all buggin. Prime DWill vs Prime CP3 was def debatable at one time. Keep in mind DWill was actually winning games and making playoffs. He won playoff series and everything. CP3 just started actually winning games that mattered. The black ice ruined his career though, once you start sweating and it gets in your eyes your never the same anymore.

Y’all buggin. Prime DWill vs Prime CP3 was def debatable at one time. Keep in mind DWill was actually winning games and making playoffs. He won playoff series and everything. CP3 just started actually winning games that mattered.
Nah. He was really good in his prime, but there's honestly nothing that DWill actually does better than CP3. At any point of their careers.

The cp3/d-will debates on here were 99.9% based on ppl being contrarian.

I'll do him a solid and ignore everything post-Utah...and if you take his 6 years there and compare them to CP3's first 6 years...there really is no argument.

Thibbs is a madman, theres no doubt in my mind hes going after Joakim next.
Gar and Pax have done a lot boneheaded moves but I guess I can say they made the right move by not giving Tom GM/Coach duties.

A prime D-Will is barely a top 5 PG in this era.
This is best era for PGs in league history though, so that shouldn't necessarily be seen as a slight to him. He's kind of like a lower scoring, higher assist version of Dame Lillard. There are just some guys that are clearly in a different tier than them.

A good portion of NT was on the Deron > CP3 train too back in the day. Why I don’t know because it was never even that close between those two.

The cp3/d-will debates on here were 99.9% based on ppl being contrarian.

I'll do him a solid and ignore everything post-Utah...and if you take his 6 years there and compare them to CP3's first 6 years...there really is no argument.

Never forget

https://niketalk.com/threads/why-do...is-paul-is-better-than-deron-williams.332429/

I just don't understand it. It was debatable like 4-5 years ago even though I sided with Deron back then but now it shouldn't even be a question who's better. Deron Williams is:
A better scorer

Can play above the rim

Faster

Equal level passers

Better transition player

IMO a better defensive player because he can guard much larger players and locks CP3 up almost every time they play.

I don't see how its even a question. I flipped to the Clippers Nets game real quick and got to see Deron Willams cook up Chris Paul as he usually does, but this times he's playing on the Nets against a stacked Clippers Roster. Chris Paul has just always had an enormous hype machine behind him, while Deron Williams is relative unknown.

All 2011 Bulls jokes aside, I think Luol Deng is worth taking a flyer on.

Agree.

One of the T Wolves biggest issues last season was that they had no bench.

Luol isn't a dead man walking yet. He can give you 15-20 serviceable minutes.

Aren't they going after Monta Ellis too? He wasn't even in the league last season so sign him to a vet minimum without a full guarantee and roll the dice.

Thibbs only option at this point is to fill out the roster with veterans with playoff experience, so like most coaches, he's gonna look to guys whose DNA he trusts and is familiar with.

Reports were that Noah is pretty much toast physically but he's a good locker room guy and his former teammates seem to love him so maybe the hope is that he strikes up a friendship with Towns and gets Towns' mind right... and maybe even brings some unity to that locker room considering his prior relationship with Arrogant Jimmy.

If Thibbs can instill that dog in that group that he was able to inject into those bulls teams (clearly this is what he's banking on) I wouldn't wanna see that team in the playoffs as an opponent.

let the timberbulls play out..... if hes trying instill how to play to wiggins and towns it could work..... could also backfire,,, but having the bulls players around aint bad,,,,

Y’all buggin. Prime DWill vs Prime CP3 was def debatable at one time. Keep in mind DWill was actually winning games and making playoffs. He won playoff series and everything. CP3 just started actually winning games that mattered.

Lol

Only 3 seasons :smh:. He was still improving too. Legit one of the most amazing athletes I've ever seen, up there with Adrian Peterson, Barry sanders, MJ.. anybody.

F thibs!!
I give Westbrook **** all the time, but he is still one of the better singular talents in the league, and Rose should be right there with him right now. Dudes are the same damn age. Rose was definitely better than him at the time too. Crazy that arguably the 2 best athletes ever at the PG position were both in the same draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom