OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

:lol: Are people surprised there's friction between Urby and Gene Smith? Those *******s covered up Zach Smith's **** for years and just about got outed.

Urban looks like hell. He doesn't look well. Might be mental. Might be physical ( :lol: ) again. The guy just doesn't look good.

:lol: Are people surprised there's friction between Urby and Gene Smith? Those *******s covered up Zach Smith's **** for years and just about got outed.

Urban looks like hell. He doesn't look well. Might be mental. Might be physical ( :lol: ) again. The guy just doesn't look good.
He cares so much about being looked at and talked about as a good guy that had to take a toll on him... He runs from adversity... Glad he got exposed by the media that loved him

failure to uphold values to the school and ethical standards

Hmmmm.......

I wonder if they realized they hired Bobby Petrino?

I'm guessing this will be the way to be able to fire him and not pay that 14m buyout (or whatever it is?)

i will never not laugh at this. Forever burned into my head

YJPPETRINO-jumbo.jpg

:lol: **** was all good when Lamar was winning the Heisman.

I'd come back at Louisville's throat so hard if they tried to duck my buyout with ethics ******** after keeping that scumbag Pitino on the payroll for years.

nako xl nako xl

Just checking in halfway thru the season. Is the SEC still overrated so far?

Half the conference is overrated as ****. Have you SEEN Mississippi State? I didn't tell you in August they were trash when everyone everywhere and in here were d riding like Moorhead was gonna shine that garbage up?? Auburn?? I didn't tell you, "Nah this game is misleading."

or is this you coming around on Mullen? :lol:

Apparently he suffers from chronic migraines from the cyst he had.

Apparently he suffers from chronic migraines from the cyst he had.
Wouldn't doubt it.

I haven't watched an Ohio State game all year until this past weekend, but he looks bad. Just doesn't look right at all.

Half the conference is overrated as ****. Have you SEEN Mississippi State? I didn't tell you in August they were trash when everyone everywhere and in here were d riding like Moorhead was gonna shine that garbage up?? Auburn?? I didn't tell you, "Nah this game is misleading."

or is this you coming around on Mullen? :lol:

Is it the best conference or not? I also tried to tell you about LSU as well.

Is it the best conference or not? I also tried to tell you about LSU as well.

LSU is better than I expected I agree. They're still finishing the reg season 9-3. Is the SEC the best conference? I look at it like this:

If we're talking eye test then yes, they are. They have 5 legit teams to me compared to 4 or 3 in all other P5s. But they also play 2-3 FCS schools a season on top of 1-2 byes each school. That's 1-2 more breaks than any Pac12 or B1G school gets.

And part of the eye test is watching them play other SEC schools which creates an inherent bias. How good is TAMU for instance for sneaking by all these weak SEC teams? How good is LSU? Everyone thinks they're GREAT right now cuz of what they did to UGA but maybe UGA isn't that good. Have the bulldogs beaten a team with a winning record this season? (No.)

So idk. I think you asking me this question right now in week 8 when we still don't really know **** is proof enough of that bias we discussed in the past conversation.

LSU is better than I expected I agree. They're still finishing the reg season 9-3. Is the SEC the best conference? I look at it like this:

If we're talking eye test then yes, they are. They have 5 legit teams to me compared to 4 or 3 in all other P5s. But they also play 2-3 FCS schools a season on top of 1-2 byes each school. That's 1-2 more breaks than any Pac12 or B1G school gets.

And part of the eye test is watching them play other SEC schools which creates an inherent bias. How good is TAMU for instance for sneaking by all these weak SEC teams? How good is LSU? Everyone thinks they're GREAT right now cuz of what they did to UGA but maybe UGA isn't that good. Have the bulldogs beaten a team with a winning record this season? (No.)

So idk. I think you asking me this question right now in week 8 when we still don't really know **** is proof enough of that bias we discussed in the past conversation.

LSU smashed Miami
TXA&M went toe to toe with Clemson

I also told you y'all would have at least 4 losses minimum. JT still got 3 Heismans to go though. No pressure.

"University of Nike: How Corporate Cash Bought Higher Education."

https://psmag.com/education/the-sec...n?elqTrackId=e0d2f8e84ac54c9b947fd1337177f7af

THE SECRET BETRAYAL THAT SEALED NIKE'S SPECIAL INFLUENCE OVER THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON

In the mid-1990s, University of Oregon President Dave Frohnmayer needed money to save his school. Alum and Nike chief executive Phil Knight was happy to help—as long as the university could be managed in a way that would maximize the company's brand and profits. But when Frohnmayer made a key misstep, Knight exacted a brutal punishment.

comment on the article:
"Wow. That was as sad as it was dark. This expose makes Phil Knight out to be not only the puppet master beyond Oregon athletics, but a pretty cutthroat *******. This is a very poignant except.

"One of these delusions, (Oregon University President Dave Frohnmayer) later wrote, was believing that (Phil) Knight was someone who wanted merely to be informed on university matters, rather than to be consulted on them. Throughout the protests and negotiations surrounding the school's WRC membership, there had been communication between staff at the university and staff at Nike, and this, Frohnmayer assumed, was as much as any booster, however generous, could expect from a university president. But Knight turned out to be less a booster than a businessman in his dealings with the university, with expectations commensurate to the scale of the investments he'd made in his alma mater. "If I had to do it over, I would have given him a courtesy call to make sure he knew how things were proceeding," Frohnmayer said. "I did not do that, and my regret is enormous.""

I'm more surprised Petrino stayed long enough to get canned. With the exception of Arky, he usually jumps ship for greener pastures.

Back
Top Bottom