OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Kliff to the NFL would be the best move for him... Wish the Lions would dump Cooter and hire Kliff

Paul Johnson retiring...he scared of Mack Brown? :lol:

SentimentalSpicyAgouti-size_restricted.gif

The hell are they going to do? You either hire an Academy coach or go through a HARD reset.

Usc talking to Mike Sanford now :rofl:

I don't mind it. Sanford was good at Stanford and Boise and has head coaching experience. He's also an SC legacy and I question whether he was calling plays at ND. I remember hearing he wasn't. And even then, outside of that NC State loss in a monsoon, I don't know that offense was ever an issue under him. He was at various times the RB/WR/QB coach and coached Kevin Hogan, Stepfan Taylor, and Ty Montgomery.

He also wasn't part of those Petrino or Brohm WKU teams everyone laughs at Helton picking assistants off of. I'm OK with it.

Jake Spavital to Texas State as HC.

"Arash Markazi at ESPN reporting that Kilff Kingsbury was not on campus at USC today and has still not interviewed for the job of offensive coordinator. I tend to go with what Markazi is reporting over Horne because he has a direct line to Kingsbury. However, I have a source that says the "interview" discussion about Kingsbury and USC could be misleading.
There is smoke here, and Kingbury could be offered the job without actually interviewing at all. In fact, a source told Ryan Abraham a couple of weeks back that Clay Helton has never formally interviewed any of his assistant hires in person. So whether Kingsbury has sat down and interviewed for the USC offensive coordinator job is a moot point. We were told yesterday he and Clay did speak."

He may not have interviewed on campus, but he's absolutely had conversations with more than Clay Helton.

Paul Johnson out at GT. Hopefully they make a good hire.

Dang, as a Georgia fan I was hoping he would continue to coach for another decade. That offense makes recruiting against Tech even easier.

In my opinion Georgia Tech is one of the hardest power 5 jobs out there primarily due to the academic restrictions. Georgia Tech has a very limited number of majors (no BS like Communications or Interdisciplinary Studies like most schools) and every student regardless of nature must take calculus in computer science. That's a very tough sell for most elite prospects.

Not to mention, Tech has poor Phan support and isn't fully committed to doing what it takes to be elite at football (money for support staff, facilities, loosening academic restrictions, etc.) The only "sleeping giant" part about Georgia Tech is that it's in a great recruiting base but 90% people in that area are fans of other schools like Georgia, Auburn or Clemson. You very rarely see Georgia Tech Phan who aren't alumni.

Last edited:
“There is a lot of information going back and forth. Rumors and speculation of who Clay is hiring and meeting with.... Sanford jr. is NOT in talks with USC...I don't know if he will or not but he hasn't been so that's false. Kliff is being bombarded with inquiries and interest from NFL and college teams. (SC is intriguing to him and on the table and "dialogue" has happened...) But, be very careful about believing anyone that tells you they saw a candidate on campus. I assure you NO CANDIDATE will arrive on campus for an interview. All those sightings are BS and a rush to scoop. All interviews are being conducted away from campus for obvious reasons....a candidate will only be on campus to sign and finalize.”

^ that guy is never wrong. He has some relationship with the athletic department and only posts a handful of times a year.

All this hoopla over a washed up program. Where's the analysis of championship weekend?

Back
Top Bottom