OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Dude

:lol: :lol:

D5B90E18-DA5B-4CF6-BEED-1DE0437AA3B8.jpeg

E6883830-8701-400B-B21E-E61792D63AA2.jpeg

Donna still rockin’ with them USC colors. Fight on!

Greg Biggins:

On Ricks and DGW transferring: "I hear what you're saying and I share your opinion on players skipping out on Bowl Games. With Elias and now Darion Green-Warren, understand both players chose Mater Dei when it wasn't the popular choice, MD had been down for some time and hadn't won a CIF title in almost 20 years. Their intention was never to leave MD early, only once they realized the outside courses they were taking would not allow them to graduate early. Now we can say they should have known that before choosing MD but as freshmen, I don't think that thought was really in their head at the time. We can saw their priorities are skewed and finishing up their HS career where it started should matter more then graduating early but for a lot of kids, their dreams are big, they're thinking get to college ASAP, play three years and get drafted, that's the mindset for a lot of kids including these two."

On DGW's recruitment: "I've already been asked a few times if this will impact his recruitment at all. I really don't think it will. Oregon is recruiting Narbonne really well and having a lot of success and he just visited two weeks ago. Saying that, I do think USC leads right now and assuming they put a good product on the field this season, they'll be very tough to beat."

@casper90403

DGW and Ricks tried to reclassify like JT did. MD didn’t like the precedent it had set and blocked at least Ricks from doing so, so his family pulled him out.

For the record MD tried to block JT too initially but decided it’d be a bad look. Plus he had a 4.0 and had set it in motion his sophomore year, given MD ample notice and was taking all the required extra classes so they couldn’t really reason it out other than school rules didn’t allow early graduation. By comparison, my understanding is Ricks and others didn’t decide to do this until this Spring.

I don't think most Catholic schools do, mine didn't. IIRC Tater Tot had to finish somewhere else after BG's season was over.

Washington’s backup QBs Colson Yankoff And Jacob Sirmon are transferring out. Loser of the QB comp between Eason and Haener probably does to.

Sucks...Yankoff might end up being pretty good too. Interested to see where he goes. Not as high on Sirmon, but likewise.
They saw Haener throwing pick after pick with the 1's and asked themselves why am I here
francis.png

Don't blame them.

QB room looking shaky when Eason leaves
francis.png

Washington’s backup QBs Colson Yankoff And Jacob Sirmon are transferring out. Loser of the QB comp between Eason and Haener probably does to.

it's going to be interesting to see how teams recruit quarterbacks going forward. The rule of thumb has always been to recruit a quarterback every year and obviously teams try to recruit the best quarterbacks that can every single season but with the prevalence of players transferring I'm not really sure if that's sustainable. Players just aren't willing to sit for two or three years anymore. The era of DJ Shockley (he was a 5-stsr QB from the early 2000s that sat for his first 3 yesterday at Georgia) is over.

Look at Georgia, we were recruited the best quarterback we possibly could three years in a and now only one of them is on the roster and to the same way at a lot of schools. I can't think of one top-10 team that has a good quarterback depth. It's pretty much like the NFL now where if your starter goes down there's a huge drop off.

Maybe teams will start recruiting QBs every other year? Or maybe they'll just continue recruiting the best QBs possible and just understand that they'll just transfer at a high rate.

it's going to be interesting to see how teams recruit quarterbacks going forward. The rule of thumb has always been to recruit a quarterback every year and obviously teams try to recruit the best quarterbacks that can every single season but with the prevalence of players transferring I'm not really sure if that's sustainable. Players just aren't willing to sit for two or three years anymore. The era of DJ Shockley (he was a 5-stsr QB from the early 2000s that sat for his first 3 yesterday at Georgia) is over.

Look at Georgia, we were recruited the best quarterback we possibly could three years in a and now only one of them is on the roster and to the same way at a lot of schools. I can't think of one top-10 team that has a good quarterback depth. It's pretty much like the NFL now where if your starter goes down there's a huge drop off.

Maybe teams will start recruiting QBs every other year? Or maybe they'll just continue recruiting the best QBs possible and just understand that they'll just transfer at a high rate.

***** we know who DJ Shockley is :lol:

Shout out to homie @dlo13

the DJ Shockley/David Greene debate was almost 15 years ago, I'm breaking it down for young folks :lol:. That was the original Fields vs. Fromm for us Georgia fans.

@casper90403 was flying back to DC last night, but I told you this was coming during the season. Not going to fly at MD any longer.

That’s not why they left fam. Maybe partly why Ricks left, but DGW is different.

You're allowed to graduate early but the only kids that can accomplish it are the ones who enter MD as freshmen. It’s not a discipline thing.

It’s completely why Ricks left...

It’s not... ultimately MD asked Ricks to stay. They won’t let him enroll in college this summer or even in December. He wants to be in school by Spring camp cuz he wants to play as a freshman. MD doesn’t want to set the precedent of letting kids transfer in, take classes elsewhere, and then bounce early. That’s the issue.

As a result Orgeron/LSU told him to leave.

Back
Top Bottom